790 THE ZONE IS CRAPPING ON D. HALL RODDY AND JOE HORN FOR SHOWING SUPPORT FOR #7 ON MNF.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TNap4Falcons (12/11/2007)
Thank you! My thoughts exactly. The guy is no longer a Falcon. Can we move on and support the Falcons?! If not, find a new team. The stupid actions of one idiot have negatively impacted too many. Why would anyone still support this guy? I guess you guys like being disrespected.

because he juts might be more than the negative story? ...he just might have positive aspects.....I know that is hard to believe for some for you guys isn't it?

If i made a huge mistake, that might ruin my life,

I wouldn't want my friends to run away, and not associate with me, and not support me.

That's all they were doing last night, when i saw roddy's shirt, I felt good for the first time in a long time this season.

In this horrible season on and off the field, I see a divided team showing support for their teammate, and friend.

Like i said, if any of us made a mistake, would you want your friends to pull a judas on you?

Thats what i thought.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

When you get the sand out of your woman part come back and talk with the rest of us.....:D

you are upset about what our players wore......do you realize that?

Nah......You just don't get it. I literally could care less what they wear. As I think I've stated like 3 times in this thread I believe it's admirable that Vick's friends are supporting him. Like most things in life though there is a time and a place where things are appropriate and where they aren't. I didn't think it was appropriate last night during the game. Have I said cut Hall or White? I don't believe I have.

Do you think last night's events would have happened under Belichick? Dungy? No, because those teams and more specifically those teams players are focused on one thing and one thing only: Playing their best football when the national anthem is over.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
The biggest issue to me is that it showed, once again, that there are people on this roster who are more concerned with peripheral issues than they are with being prepared professional football players.

Well I guess the whole NFL was messed up honoring Taylor's life. How dare they put 21 on their outfits and helmets!

They can't show their feelings towards their friends and teammates (coworker or former coworkers).

Our team was prepared, but our team is filled with people that can't play to the level of our competition.

:blink:

RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
They went as far to say that what they did could have started a "RACE RIOT" inside the Dome lastnight?? I find this to be very very borderline racism toward blacks and whites. They are suggesting that Falcon Fans would attack one another??? They are trying to call us Savages?? Steak Shapiro needs to be dealt with.

That morning show on 790 is the worst radio show on 680/790 by a wide margin

Even worse than Colin Cowherd

zakelsta (12/11/2007)

I wouldn't want my friends to run away, and not associate with me, and not support me.

That's all they were doing last night, when i saw roddy's shirt, I felt good for the first time in a long time this season.

In this horrible season on and off the field, I see a divided team showing support for their teammate, and friend.

Like i said, if any of us made a mistake, would you want your friends to pull a judas on you?

Thats what i thought.

OMG thank you for being born and for being a falcons fan.

Sometimes I don't even feel that forum posters could be human. Some are so confoundly stupid that I throw up in my mouth reading this crap.

Put yourself in their shoes.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You have a friend who commits a crime, you've known him for years. You've talked family and kids. You've had a drink together. You saw each other for 4 days out of 7 days almost every week.

Its not like everybody is going to start saying what he did was right. But everyone has been impacted by his actions and his consequences.

I'm surprised that you can say we should condemn him to nothingness. Just remember that later on. When someone in your life could condemn you.

Thank you. I felt that way also. I knew that they still close to Mike. I appreciate somebody stood up for him when everybody else was kicking him.

FalconWong88 (12/11/2007)
zakelsta (12/11/2007)

Thats what i thought.

OMG thank you for being born and for being a falcons fan.

Sometimes I don't even feel that forum posters could be human. Some are so confoundly stupid that I throw up in my mouth reading this crap.

Put yourself in their shoes.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You have a friend who commits a crime, you've known him for years. You've talked family and kids. You've had a drink together. You saw each other for 4 days out of 7 days almost every week.

Its not like everybody is going to start saying what he did was right. But everyone has been impacted by his actions and his consequences.

I'm surprised that you can say we should condemn him to nothingness. Just remember that later on. When someone in your life could condemn you.

tax-falcon (12/11/2007)
Steve_Bartkowski (12/11/2007)
RODDY NATION

Vick is basically not on the team anymore.

Where are the messages about other former teammates? Did anyone have "Bring Back Patrick Kerney" on their undershirt? Did anyone have "Bring Back Rossum to Return Punts" on their undershirt?

...Completely different. I'm disturbed that you even tried to draw a parallel between them.

Yeah, I think it's pretty asinine to compare Kerney's situation to Vick's, but I guess trivializing things is common around here...

BlacksburgHokie (12/11/2007)
It's not like they were wearing patches or jerseys or signs saying "we support dogfighting" or "we hate animals" or anything like that - they were supporting one of their teammates who made a horrible mistake and is now paying the price for it.

If you hold up a #7 it could mean stay strong Mike. or it could mean I support Mike and eveything he does! or it could mean something inbetween. By holding up just a jersey or #7 there is to much room for interpretation as to what you support.

zakelsta (12/11/2007)

Thats what i thought.

Very nice post....;)

XLDenaliReturns (12/11/2007)
the Kerney situation is nothing like the Vick situation- an actual HUMAN was harmed at Kerney's house

Yeah, you're right. Kerney had NOTHING to do with what happened to that woman.

Too bad we can't interview the dogs that Vick personally killed........

snicker (12/11/2007)
As badly as Vick has screwed himself and his team, I cannot fault D Hall and Roddy and Crumpler, and anyone else on that team for feeling emotional about a man that they knew as their friend and teammate. From D Hall's comments it really seems like the team has been left out in cold as far as having anyone try to help them emotionally through a difficult time. For someone that you knew as a friend and leader, it is not so easy to just write them off and pretend they never existed. They have every right to try to reach out to Vick and let him know that they still love him.

You make a good point.

It sounds like some of the players are almost going through a grieving period in a way.

And to pretend the situation doesn't exist is the worst way to handle it.

rounz (12/11/2007)
snicker (12/11/2007)
As badly as Vick has screwed himself and his team, I cannot fault D Hall and Roddy and Crumpler, and anyone else on that team for feeling emotional about a man that they knew as their friend and teammate. From D Hall's comments it really seems like the team has been left out in cold as far as having anyone try to help them emotionally through a difficult time. For someone that you knew as a friend and leader, it is not so easy to just write them off and pretend they never existed. They have every right to try to reach out to Vick and let him know that they still love him.

You make a good point.

It sounds like some of the players are almost going through a grieving period in a way.

And to pretend the situation doesn't exist is the worst way to handle it.

Especially when they still have to watch film from last year.

For those who watched the game on MNF, thats what dunn said that MV was the eraser for their mistakes.