790 THE ZONE IS CRAPPING ON D. HALL RODDY AND JOE HORN FOR SHOWING SUPPORT FOR #7 ON MNF.

TNap4Falcons (12/11/2007)

Steak did express his outrage for the actions that D Hall and Roddy took. My take was he felt that these two guys are slapping Arthur Blank, Petrino, and their teammates in the face. I personally agree. The judgement was made and what's done is done. That wasn't showing "support" for a former teammate in an appropriate way. They took away from the game and whole point of why people paid money to be there last night...to see a football game.

they took away from the game? what are you talking about?

It further illustrated how neither one of them had their heads where they needed to be...in the game. Does anyone honestly think wearing "Free Mike Vick" shirts and holding posters is going to change anything? You're fighting a losing battle. Exercise your passions & support in a more constructive way.

Who said they were trying to change anything? Do you think that when people put Sean Taylor's number on their helmet, that they thought it was going to bring him back to life? Come on.....this is just crap. They did it to show support for their friend.

Regardless of how anyone feels on the argument, it's important to realize that just because someone is a talented professional athlete, they aren't above the law. If Vick was an average guy, no one would give a rip. Let's not put any celebrity (athlete, musician, actor, whatever) above the law.

Vick is their friend.....sometimes people have unconditional love for their family and friends.....maybe one day you will understand that?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

dzor22 (12/11/2007)
I dont have a problem with them supporting their friend in right or wrong, but its time to shut the F up and play football. The OTHER team isnt coming in here for any reason except to WIN the damm game.

Some guys are using this as another excuse to suck azz and NOT come ready to play. Shut the F up and play football. He's gone. Deal with your emotions when the nation isnt watching you.

Roddy White got 25 yards per catch last night and a TD.....and is now in the top10 in the NFL with reception yards. He needs no excuses....

maybe it's you that needs an excuse to hate on our players?

The biggest issue to me is that it showed, once again, that there are people on this roster who are more concerned with peripheral issues than they are with being prepared professional football players.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
The biggest issue to me is that it showed, once again, that there are people on this roster who are more concerned with peripheral issues than they are with being prepared professional football players.

how does it show you that they were "more" concerned?

man...you guys just look for anything to hate on....it's effing silly.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

Don't Fault them..they NEVER experienced WINNING for more then a year. So they can be a bit delusional. Thats why they talk about our players like they are kids. Those are GROWN ##### MEN OUT THERE WHO MAKES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. But they want to categorize them all as "BOY" unless your name is Keith Brooking...who I categorize as "CLOWN":w00t:

RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

Don't Fault them..they NEVER experienced WINNING for more then a year. So they can be a bit delusional. Thats why they talk about our players like they are kids. Those are GROWN ##### MEN OUT THERE WHO MAKES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. But they want to categorize them all as "BOY" unless your name is Keith Brooking...who I categorize as "CLOWN":w00t:

You're more racist than anyone I've ever read on here. Even bringing up the word "boy" in a post is an insult to African-Americans. This self-loathing you have might need some professional attention.

Maybe you should see a therapist or something. I'll chip in the first $5.

They went as far to say that what they did could have started a "RACE RIOT" inside the Dome lastnight?? I find this to be very very borderline racism toward blacks and whites. They are suggesting that Falcon Fans would attack one another??? They are trying to call us Savages?? Steak Shapiro needs to be dealt with.

You're not even a Falcons fan you stupid doosh.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

Saints 34

Falcons 14

they doesn't demonstrate your point at all. don't know if you know this or not, but we have lost most of our games this season....way before anybody put on a shirt to support Vick.

The Steelers lost to the Patriots this week....does that mean that Ben Roethlisberger was too focused on Mike Vick??????

As badly as Vick has screwed himself and his team, I cannot fault D Hall and Roddy and Crumpler, and anyone else on that team for feeling emotional about a man that they knew as their friend and teammate. From D Hall's comments it really seems like the team has been left out in cold as far as having anyone try to help them emotionally through a difficult time. For someone that you knew as a friend and leader, it is not so easy to just write them off and pretend they never existed. They have every right to try to reach out to Vick and let him know that they still love him.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

Saints 34

Falcons 14

they doesn't demonstrate your point at all. don't know if you know this or not, but we have lost most of our games this season....way before anybody put on a shirt to support Vick.

The Steelers lost to the Patriots this week....does that mean that Ben Roethlisberger was too focused on Mike Vick??????

Yeah, the Roethlisberger comparison really makes sense.....what with him being a Falcon and everything:rolleyes:

I don't know if you're paying attention or not but this team clearly is divided: whether it's over Vick or Petrino's method(s) of communication and coaching style.

I don't have a problem with people supporting a friend. But these guys were supposed to be punching the clock for work at 8:30 last night. The poster behind the bench and the homemade t-shirt said to me that their minds weren't focused only on playing winning football.

If you saw it differently more power to ya.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

You're more racist than anyone I've ever read on here. Even bringing up the word "boy" in a post is an insult to African-Americans. This self-loathing you have might need some professional attention.

Maybe you should see a therapist or something. I'll chip in the first $5.

the word "Boy" is racist??? :w00t: Now you are reaching there.

**** yeah the word "boy" is racist. You used it referring to a description of an African-American. That's about as racist as it gets.

Pitiful. Maybe some sensitivity training would help you out some.........

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

Saints 34

Falcons 14

Yeah, the Roethlisberger comparison really makes sense.....what with him being a Falcon and everything:rolleyes:

I don't know if you're paying attention or not but this team clearly is divided: whether it's over Vick or Petrino's method(s) of communication and coaching style.

I don't have a problem with people supporting a friend. But these guys were supposed to be punching the clock for work at 8:30 last night. The poster behind the bench and the homemade t-shirt said to me that their minds weren't focused only on playing winning football.

If you saw it differently more power to ya.

of course I saw it differently.....I wasn't looking for any little reason to hate on a player.

and the Big Ben thing was spot on.....you are blaming the loss on our guys wearing Vick shirts and stickers and I am asking you if that was the reason the Steelers lost too. You are suggesting that we lost because some of our players showed Vick some support and are ignoring the fact that the Saints were just better than us last night.....most teams have been better than us all season.

...but what it all really boils down to is that you got upset because people were showing support for Vick. You simply can't believe that people care about him. You were hoping that players would be going along with your usual hate-fest, but they weren't and it made you feel all icky inside and you wanted to cry.....so here you are, getting it all out.

Ya know, I have no problem with them supporting their friend but why would they want that trash 'freed'? So he can go hang more dogs?

And you would think they would be kind of pissed at him for throwing this franchise in the shithole. It's HIS fault he's going to jail, no one else's.

...but what it all really boils down to is that you got upset because people were showing support for Vick. You simply can't believe that people care about him. You were hoping that players would be going along with your usual hate-fest, but they weren't and it made you feel all icky inside and you wanted to cry.....so here you are, getting it all out.

As I said earlier I don't have a problem with people supporting a friend. It's an admirable trait. I'm not upset about them showing support for Vick. However, on game day I want all 53 players on the roster focused on nothing else but the game. I'm crazy that way.

Laughing at you over-reacting with "hate-fest", "icky" "you wanted to cry."

Maybe football's a bit too manly for you. Maybe you should have curled up on the couch last night with some hot tea while watching a chick flick on the Lifetime network.

That seems to be more your speed.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

As I said earlier I don't have a problem with people supporting a friend. It's an admirable trait. I'm not upset about them showing support for Vick. However, on game day I want all 53 players on the roster focused on nothing else but the game. I'm crazy that way.

Maybe football's a bit too manly for you. Maybe you should have curled up on the couch last night with some hot tea while watching a chick flick on the Lifetime network.

now we know what you do on Saturdays.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)

now we know what you do on Saturdays.

Clever comeback....akin to "I know you are but what am I?"

When you get the sand out of your woman part come back and talk with the rest of us.....:D

"WRONG!!!! HE STATED THAT HALL'S AND WHITE'S ACTIONS COULD HAVE STARTED A "RIOT"

PRETTY MUCH STATING FALCON FANS NO MATTER BLACK OR WHITE ARE

UNCIVILIZED "

You've just proved my point. Thank you. You said, "Pretty Much Stating", meaning you've interpreted what you perceived that he meant. That's not factual. That's your perception.

A "riot" doesn't have to be based on racial differences or lines. There are plenty of people both black & white that feel Vick got what he deserved and plenty of people both black & white that feel he was punished too harshly.

Let's be logical & objective here, unless you're just too emotionally invested to be logical. If that's the case, this is a pointless forum. You just want to rant and rave pointlessly to see your posts online. I get it, you support Vick. Fine, but if you're trying to convince others to do the same, your responses are having the exact opposite result.