790 THE ZONE IS CRAPPING ON D. HALL RODDY AND JOE HORN FOR SHOWING SUPPORT FOR #7 ON MNF.

They went as far to say that what they did could have started a "RACE RIOT" inside the Dome lastnight?? I find this to be very very borderline racism toward blacks and whites. They are suggesting that Falcon Fans would attack one another??? They are trying to call us Savages?? Steak Shapiro needs to be dealt with.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve_Bartkowski (12/11/2007)
RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
He also stated that they were an embarrassment to the team and that Petrino has no control over them.

Vick is basically not on the team anymore.

Where are the messages about other former teammates? Did anyone have "Bring Back Patrick Kerney" on their undershirt? Did anyone have "Bring Back Rossum to Return Punts" on their undershirt?

I wasn't aware that any of them said to 'bring vick back'. Did I miss that?

Why would they want to bring back Kerney? He left here for the big contract. It's a little different so I fail to see your point.

steak shapiro was ridiculous this morning. he was yelling and screaming about how worthless these players are and how blank should basically cut them and then he throws in meaningless fake caveats like "i'm not passing moral judgement".

great call, shapiro- cut your best WR and best DB because they support their friend.

it must be nice to have been born rich and never have to work for anything.

BlacksburgHokie (12/11/2007)
It's not like they were wearing patches or jerseys or signs saying "we support dogfighting" or "we hate animals" or anything like that - they were supporting one of their teammates who made a horrible mistake and is now paying the price for it.

Amen. Unfortunately some people can't see that

RODDY NATION

Where are the messages about other former teammates? Did anyone have "Bring Back Patrick Kerney" on their undershirt? Did anyone have "Bring Back Rossum to Return Punts" on their undershirt?

...Completely different. I'm disturbed that you even tried to draw a parallel between them.

XLDenaliReturns (12/11/2007)
steak shapiro was ridiculous this morning. he was yelling and screaming about how worthless these players are and how blank should basically cut them and then he throws in meaningless fake caveats like "i'm not passing moral judgement".

great call, shapiro- cut your best WR and best DB because they support their friend.

it must be nice to have been born rich and never have to work for anything.

SOME GUY JUST CALLED UP TO THE SHOW AND PUT STEAK IN HIS PLACE... HE EVEN MADE STEAK UTTER OUT "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM SUPPORTING THEIR FRIEND" STEAKS A #####!!

"FREE MIKE VICK" OMG WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! DOES THAT MEAN HE THINKS MIKE VICK SHOULDN'T BE PUNISHED FOR FIGHTING DOGS!?!??! DOES THAT MEAN HE THINKS ITS OKAY TO HANG DOGS!!! IF I WERE ARTHUR BLANK I'D BE PIZZED!!!!!

blah blah blah shut up steak shapiro. go talk about eating at yuppie restaurants with your bratty daughter or something.

This is from an ESPN article about the game:

Late in the first quarter, receiver Roddy White pulled up his jersey after hauling in a 33-yard touchdown pass from Chris Redman, revealing a black shirt with the words "Free Mike Vick" in white letters.

"That was homemade. I did that myself," White said. "It ain't too much to say, you know. The team misses him and we really need him this season. There ain't too much more to say about it."

White appeared to be fighting his emotions.

Asked if the day had been emotional, White said simply "Yeah," before ending the interview.

Hall said the players wanted to show they were thinking of Vick as more than a football player.

"We did that for the simple fact we wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him," Hall said. "That was my personal thing for doing it.

"I don't want to say this franchise doesn't want to acknowledge the situation, but that's kind of the way you feel. All his pictures all gone, no more jerseys, no more nothing. We just wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him. We care about him as a human being, not just as a football player and as a running quarterback."

Late in the first quarter, receiver Roddy White pulled up his jersey after hauling in a 33-yard touchdown pass from Chris Redman, revealing a black shirt with the words "Free Mike Vick" in white letters.

"That was homemade. I did that myself," White said. "It ain't too much to say, you know. The team misses him and we really need him this season. There ain't too much more to say about it."

Asked if the day had been emotional, White said simply "Yeah," before ending the interview.

Hall said the players wanted to show they were thinking of Vick as more than a football player.

"We did that for the simple fact we wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him," Hall said. "That was my personal thing for doing it.

"I don't want to say this franchise doesn't want to acknowledge the situation, but that's kind of the way you feel. All his pictures all gone, no more jerseys, no more nothing. We just wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him. We care about him as a human being, not just as a football player and as a running quarterback."

those THUGS. how dare they

RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
He also stated that they were an embarrassment to the team and that Petrino has no control over them.

Kerney and Rossum are going to prison too????

"I don't want to say this franchise doesn't want to acknowledge the situation, but that's kind of the way you feel. All his pictures all gone, no more jerseys, no more nothing. We just wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him. We care about him as a human being, not just as a football player and as a QUARTERBACK!!!!!!."

FIXED IT FOR YOU!!:smooooth:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.....:crying:

no no.....that can't be it.......they did that because they hate white people and also hate animals.

I listened to the same show and that's not what I heard. I think you are exaggerating his comments to support your position.

First things first, I'm not a huge Steak supporter. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he comes off sounding like a crabby meat head. However; let's please report things accurately for the sake of argument. Steak did express his outrage for the actions that D Hall and Roddy took. My take was he felt that these two guys are slapping Arthur Blank, Petrino, and their teammates in the face. I personally agree. The judgement was made and what's done is done. That wasn't showing "support" for a former teammate in an appropriate way. They took away from the game and whole point of why people paid money to be there last night...to see a football game. It further illustrated how neither one of them had their heads where they needed to be...in the game. Does anyone honestly think wearing "Free Mike Vick" shirts and holding posters is going to change anything? You're fighting a losing battle. Exercise your passions & support in a more constructive way.

Regardless of how anyone feels on the argument, it's important to realize that just because someone is a talented professional athlete, they aren't above the law. If Vick was an average guy, no one would give a rip. Let's not put any celebrity (athlete, musician, actor, whatever) above the law.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)

no no.....that can't be it.......they did that because they hate white people and also hate animals.

THE BLACK KKK:)

TNap4Falcons (12/11/2007)
I listened to the same show and that's not what I heard. I think you are exaggerating his comments to support your position.

First things first, I'm not a huge Steak supporter. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he comes off sounding like a crabby meat head. However; let's please report things accurately for the sake of argument. Steak did express his outrage for the actions that D Hall and Roddy took. My take was he felt that these two guys are slapping Arthur Blank, Petrino, and their teammates in the face. I personally agree. The judgement was made and what's done is done. That wasn't showing "support" for a former teammate in an appropriate way. They took away from the game and whole point of why people paid money to be there last night...to see a football game. It further illustrated how neither one of them had their heads where they needed to be...in the game. Does anyone honestly think wearing "Free Mike Vick" shirts and holding posters is going to change anything? You're fighting a losing battle. Exercise your passions & support in a more constructive way.

Regardless of how anyone feels on the argument, it's important to realize that just because someone is a talented professional athlete, they aren't above the law. If Vick was an average guy, no one would give a rip. Let's not put any celebrity (athlete, musician, actor, whatever) above the law.

WRONG!!!! HE STATED THAT HALL'S AND WHITE'S ACTIONS COULD HAVE STARTED A "RIOT"

PRETTY MUCH STATING FALCON FANS NO MATTER BLACK OR WHITE ARE UNCIVILIZED

TNap4Falcons (12/11/2007)

No, nobody honest thinks wearing "free mike vick" will change anything. Nobody thinks they're even TRYING to change anything. They're supporting their friend- end of story.

and what are you even talking about in your last paragraph? "above the law"?!?!? i dont think anyone can realistically argue that this is the case here. Vick got the book thrown at him, in large part BECAUSE he's a celebrity.

I dont have a problem with them supporting their friend in right or wrong, but its time to shut the F up and play football. The OTHER team isnt coming in here for any reason except to WIN the damm game.

Some guys are using this as another excuse to suck azz and NOT come ready to play. Shut the F up and play football. He's gone. Deal with your emotions when the nation isnt watching you.

This team will never be good until they get that slime ball away from the football team and out of their head. At least for a few hours.

Support him on your own time guys.

God Da!!! this is turning into another ookie forum. JEEZus Kriste. This guy is a big dum azz and the whole team and season is shot because of this jerk.

Lets move the F on!