This loss goes to the D

Vicious

Drew Brees picked them apart. There was absolutely no pass rush. The Blitz didn't put any pressure on him and that soft zone was dissected. I don't think their punter had to do any work in the second or third quarter. The offense was on the bench for way too long. Brees almost had 300 yards passing in the first half. That was a pitiful display of Defense. Michael " pick six" Jenkins didn't help matters either, but that was the worst I've seen that D play in a long time.

Vicious (12/11/2007)
Drew Brees picked them apart. There was absolutely no pass rush. The Blitz didn't put any pressure on him and that soft zone was dissected. I don't think their punter had to do any work in the second or third quarter. The offense was on the bench for way too long. Brees almost had 300 yards passing in the first half. That was a pitiful display of Defense. Michael " pick six" Jenkins didn't help matters either, but that was the worst I've seen that D play in a long time.

because the defense was tired from being on the field all night......if the offense can learn to move the ball the defense would play better

The defense didn't have a very good performance yesterday, but some of that blame goes on the offense too. They have to do a better job staying on the field and giving the defenders some rest. We went three and out too many times during the game - something we can't afford to do with the lack of depth (and fresh bodies as such) that we have at many positions.

marinetildeath (12/11/2007)
Vicious (12/11/2007)

because the defense was tired from being on the field all night......if the offense can learn to move the ball the defense would play better

Yeah, that perfectly explains why the Saints drove 99 yards in the first quarter and into the end zone...and hung 17 points on us in the first half. Defense was tired, right?

:doze:

Overall, Redman had a pretty good game. Passing for around 300 yards with 2 td's means they moved the ball pretty well which gave the defense time to rest. The defense apparently forgot that if they stop the other team on third down they get more rest. That was almost as bad as watching Harrington run an offense.

Dr John Zoidberg (12/11/2007)
Mike Zimmer...

He called a good game last night didn't he?

I can see why Dallas didn't want him back...

Zimmer has impressed me in previous games. The problem is with last night, we were as bad in the first quarter as we were the 4th quarter. That means no adjustments were made and/or players were not rallied. That is all on Zimmer. So what if you have premadonnas and ##### for players... You have to shake it up to atleast make a difference.

Vicious (12/11/2007)
Overall, Redman had a pretty good game. Passing for around 300 yards with 2 td's means they moved the ball pretty well which gave the defense time to rest. The defense apparently forgot that if they stop the other team on third down they get more rest. That was almost as bad as watching Harrington run an offense.

Redman had a pretty good game for a 3rd string QB. There might be a slight improvement over the next weeks, but he is nothing better than a Sorgi to a Payton Manning.

Vicious (12/11/2007)

dittosmiley.gif

dr_evl (12/11/2007)
Vicious (12/11/2007)

Redman had a pretty good game for a 3rd string QB. There might be a slight improvement over the next weeks, but he is nothing better than a Sorgi to a Payton Manning.

Redman was far from the problem. I think he's played like a starter so far. If the o-line could protect better and there was a running game then they would not have struggled as much they did. That performance by the D was just plain awful. Anderson was inches from his first sack and couldn't pull Brees down. The middle of the field was wide open all night. It looked like alot of the players have given up. That was a performance reminiscent of Zonatell's defense.

I can't believe that that nobody was able to get in there on those blitzes. The Saint's offensive line looked like a probowl unit. Brooking was drug down the field as usual. It's time to start playing some of the rookies and let them get a feel for the pro game before training camp starts with a whole new team.

I'm going to set the over/under at 15 for players that are released. I say over. What do you all think?

Vicious (12/11/2007)
dr_evl (12/11/2007)
Vicious (12/11/2007)

Redman was far from the problem. I think he's played like a starter so far. If the o-line could protect better and there was a running game then they would not have struggled as much they did. That performance by the D was just plain awful. Anderson was inches from his first sack and couldn't pull Brees down. The middle of the field was wide open all night. It looked like alot of the players have given up. That was a performance reminiscent of Zonatell's defense.

I can't believe that that nobody was able to get in there on those blitzes. The Saint's offensive line looked like a probowl unit. Brooking was drug down the field as usual. It's time to start playing some of the rookies and let them get a feel for the pro game before training camp starts with a whole new team.

I'm going to set the over/under at 15 for players that are released. I say over. What do you all think?

Yes, that comment was not to put blame on Redman. He was about the last to blame, however he had the pocket awareness and the football since of a freshman quarterback, but to say he did very well is really reaching. Everybody else just looked that bad.

grendel (12/11/2007)
Vicious (12/11/2007)

Sometimes you have to give credit to your opponent. There were several of Brees' passes that were simply amazing and nearly indefensible. The one he dropped over the guys outside shoulder at the pylon... Maybe Houston could have looked back, but I think there's maybe 3 guys in the league who have a shot at defending that throw (Hall is one of them) and none of those guys is a rookie, so...

Brees played well and made some amazing plays. The Saints had only given up 11 sacks all year, so we knew they were going to be tough to pressure, and when we did it would take an all out blitz. They were simply better yesterday.

True. I'm not trying to downplay Bree's at all, but to blitz as many times as we did and not even get pressure on Brees was a complete joke. He did make some amazing throws though. It helped that his line picked up every jail house blitz and left guys wide open all over the place. I've never seen so many wide open guys in my life. There's going to be alot of new faces here next year. Hopefully we get the same result that New Orleans got when they cleaned house.