Can someone tell me what these numbers are?

Sniper Wolf

WhenFalconsWin (12/11/2007)
Sniper Wolf (12/11/2007)
4-0

&

107 - 46

If I had to bet, I'd say it is the azz whooping the buccies have laid on you guys lately!:w00t:

Come on, numbers boy, you can do better than that.

/though, you got the azz whooping part correct, just the wrong teams involved.

//btw - who's better this year, Colston or White? :P

615saint (12/12/2007)
WillFalconsWin?

Hmmm...White or Colston...ok I'll go with White!;)

Well, at least there is some consistency in your statement.

White: 9th in NFL Yards (995), 5 TDs, 15.3 yards per touch, (17) 20+ Yard plays, (2) 40+ Yard plays.

Colston: 10th in NFL Yards (978), 8 TDs, 12.4 yards per touch, (12) 20+ Yard plays, (2) 40+ Yard plays.

White: No QB.

Colston: Pro Bowl QB.

IonSen88 (12/12/2007)

White: 9th in NFL Yards (995), 5 TDs, 15.3 yards per touch, (17) 20+ Yard plays, (2) 40+ Yard plays.

Colston: 10th in NFL Yards (978), 8 TDs, 12.4 yards per touch, (12) 20+ Yard plays, (2) 40+ Yard plays.

White: No QB.

Colston: Pro Bowl QB.

Look up drops for me. Look up 4th quarter receptions when the team is down by double digits. Look up catches for 1st down.

Colston > White

and it ain't even close.

White's come along this year, and may continue to develop...but Colston might too.

615saint (12/12/2007)
IonSen88 (12/12/2007)
Look up drops for me. Look up 4th quarter receptions when the team is down by double digits. Look up catches for 1st down.

Colston < White

and it ain't even close.

White's come along this year, and may continue to develop...but Colston might too.

1st down catches?! Colston is a possession receiver and the Falcons are always in 3rd and LONG. That has little to do with the player's ability to make plays. Right now, Colston is behind White even with playing with inferior quarterbacks. Period.

White > Colston and it's not close. Come holla at me when White underachieves with a real QB and not a year-long windup, randy johnson fast ball throwing, noddle arm, inaccurate, tear drippin #####....

Sniper Wolf (12/12/2007)
IonSen88 (12/12/2007)
Come holla at me when White underachieves with a real QB and not a year-long windup, randy johnson fast ball throwing, noddle arm, inaccurate, tear drippin #####....

Didn't you maintain that Vick was a good QB?

No, Vick was a RB taking snaps under center that couldn't pass, see the field, or read a defense. He wasn't a bright person either, ran into sacks, made sloppy decisions, and held the football like a loaf of bread.

Everyone knows Vick just wasn't a good passer, so until we draft Brohm, White will remain QBless.

IonSen88 (12/12/2007)
Sniper Wolf (12/12/2007)
IonSen88 (12/12/2007)
Come holla at me when White underachieves with a real QB and not a year-long windup, randy johnson fast ball throwing, noddle arm, inaccurate, tear drippin #####....

Didn't you maintain that Vick was a good QB?

No, Vick was a RB taking snaps under center that couldn't pass, see the field, or read a defense. He wasn't a bright person either, ran into sacks, made sloppy decisions, and held the football like a loaf of bread.

Everyone knows Vick just wasn't a good passer, so until we draft Brohm, White will remain QBless.

And, while Brohm sits on the sidelines for a minimum of a year while runs the offense, White will continue to make just enough catches to make sure his name is mentioned come free agency time. When is his rookie contract up anyway?

Assuming you draft Brohm, there is a pretty decent chance that White may never catch a pass from him - leaving you to wonder what could have been. Meanwhile, Colston will continue put up numbers.

Just for the record - Ionsen was never a Vick fan, nor a Petrino fan from what I remember.

615saint (12/12/2007)
And, while Brohm sits on the sidelines for a minimum of a year while runs the offense, White will continue to make just enough catches to make sure his name is mentioned come free agency time. When is his rookie contract up anyway?

Assuming you draft Brohm, there is a pretty decent chance that White may never catch a pass from him - leaving you to wonder what could have been. Meanwhile, Colston will continue put up numbers.

Just for the record - Ionsen was never a Vick fan, nor a Petrino fan from what I remember.

Dude, he's a Falcon. Forecasting that he'll go elsewhere isn't even remotely close to the debate of his ability to play football.

I was never a Vick fan, however I cannot deny my homerism for the Falcons didn't lead me to defend him at times, sometimes, okay maybe every opportunity from 2002-2005. However once I witnessed his subpar '05 season and his middle finger after we got dragged by (guess who) the Saints, I had enough of him and his apologies.

I was a Petrino 'fan' up until I rolled over sometime around 8PM and stumbled across the remote to my TV already tuned to ESPN and saw John Clayton. However, I was NEVER a fan of Jimmy Mora who was and is a bone-fide clown.

Sniper Wolf (12/12/2007)
There really should be a list of h8ters and Vickateers for reference sake alone.

It would make things easier.

Maybe someone could make a suggestion for our avatars - instead of "Junior Falcons" or "Forum Member" there could be "Vickateers" "H8ters" and something akin to "Instigators" or "Pot-stirrers" for the rest of us.

IonSen88 (12/12/2007)
615saint (12/12/2007)

Dude, he's a Falcon. Forecasting that he'll go elsewhere isn't even remotely close to the debate of his ability to play football.

I was never a Vick fan, however I cannot deny my homerism for the Falcons didn't lead me to defend him at times, sometimes, okay maybe every opportunity from 2002-2005. However once I witnessed his subpar '05 season and his middle finger after we got dragged by (guess who) the Saints, I had enough of him and his apologies.

I was a Petrino 'fan' up until I rolled over sometime around 8PM and stumbled across the remote to my TV already tuned to ESPN and saw John Clayton. However, I was NEVER a fan of Jimmy Mora who was and is a bone-fide clown.

It is intrinsically linked to the debate of his ability to play football. The guy plays a position that absolutely relies on someone else's ability to get him the ball. He can't operate in a vacuum. All the clocked speeds, measured attributes, and repetitive drills in the world mean nothing in the real world of receivers. If he languishes in a system that can't or won't get him the ball, then he is not a good receiver - he is a guy with potential to be a good receiver. Norwood also fits in this category. He has done well with what he has been given, but has not been given enough to be relevant. Go ahead and throw Reginald Bush barbs - they do not bother me.

White was a mess for two years and has had a much better year this year. Improvement or aberration? He still displays the Hendersonian ability to turn a sure-fire first down or touchdown into a depressing 4th and 4, but has added a few big plays to his repertoire. He has become a more viable Fantasy Football receiver this year, I'll give him that - but alot of his plays are still coming after the game has already been decided. Aaron Brooks was a FF BEAST! and a total ##### of a quarterback. The one interception or fumble he had was the one that sealed the victory for the opponent.

As far as Petrino goes, I remember you having a Petrino sig, but I thought I remembered it being anti-college coach hire. I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserved...:laugh:

irishbuc (12/12/2007)
I'll take Galloway over both Colston and White. And I'll still take Steve Smith over all three of them. So really you're arguing about who's 3rd and 4th best WR in the south.

It is a Saint/Falcon tradition to argue over who is third and who is fourth.

615saint (12/12/2007)
irishbuc (12/12/2007)
I'll take Galloway over both Colston and White. And I'll still take Steve Smith over all three of them. So really you're arguing about who's 3rd and 4th best WR in the south.

It is a Saint/Falcon tradition to argue over who is third and who is fourth.

LOL good one.

615saint (12/12/2007)
It is intrinsically linked to the debate of his ability to play football. The guy plays a position that absolutely relies on someone else's ability to get him the ball. He can't operate in a vacuum. All the clocked speeds, measured attributes, and repetitive drills in the world mean nothing in the real world of receivers. If he languishes in a system that can't or won't get him the ball, then he is not a good receiver - he is a guy with potential to be a good receiver. Norwood also fits in this category. He has done well with what he has been given, but has not been given enough to be relevant. Go ahead and throw Reginald Bush barbs - they do not bother me.

White was a mess for two years and has had a much better year this year. Improvement or aberration? He still displays the Hendersonian ability to turn a sure-fire first down or touchdown into a depressing 4th and 4, but has added a few big plays to his repertoire. He has become a more viable Fantasy Football receiver this year, I'll give him that - but alot of his plays are still coming after the game has already been decided. Aaron Brooks was a FF BEAST! and a total ##### of a quarterback. The one interception or fumble he had was the one that sealed the victory for the opponent.

As far as Petrino goes, I remember you having a Petrino sig, but I thought I remembered it being anti-college coach hire. I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserved...:laugh:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying had no bearing of his football ability, which was where he'd play. Again, because Jerious doesn't get the football, doesn't mean he cannot carry the rock.

White was under-achieving with dope-head throwing him one-hoppers at his knees and 98 MPH fast balls to his backside. Roddy didn't just learn to play WR over night and he didn't forget how to coming out of college. Amazing what a QB (that knows a little about a thing we call the forward pass) can do.

I disagree with that notion that alot of his big plays come in a decisive result.

Week 2: Against Jacksonville he touched their good secondary up for 80 yards, none of which occurred in the 4th quarter. That game was never really over until the clock read 0:00 anyway...

Week 3: Against Carolina he broke a tackle and took the rock to the house for 70 yards to give the Falcons the lead.

Week 7: Against New Orleans White gradually got his yardage, infact he caught the first pass of the game and caught a touchdown pass to give the Falcons a lead. He did catch some balls in the 4th quarter (35 yard pass), but it happened on a lead-taking drive for Atlanta.

Week 12: Against the Colts, White caught a 50 yard TD pass to give us a 10-0 lead. A 20 yard pass in the 2nd with the Falcons still leading 13-6. He did catch a 14 yard pass, but that was in the 3rd quarter and basically concluded his night.

Week 13: Against the Lambs, Roddy just flat out worked their secondary all day. That was not the work of some late garbage yards and the game never ended until Jackson's late 50 yard TD run with like 2 minutes left.

Overall, according to his 'splits', Sharod's most productive quarters are the 1st and 2nd quarters (1st half). Where he has 638 yards compared to 357 in the 2nd half.

As compared to Colston where he gets most of his yardage in the 2nd half, 4th quarter, and with the game out of reach per his 'splits'.

Final margin: 0-7 pts: 09 touches, 115 yards, 0 TDs

Final margin: 8-14 pts: 18 touches, 249 yards, 1 TD

Final margin: 15+ pts: 52 touches, 614 yards, 7 TDs

So if either of them are, who's REALLY the 'game is out of reach - garbage yard WR'?!

irishbuc (12/12/2007)

I'll take White over Galloway in a couple of years, actually, I'm a homer so I'll take White now. Although right now, Galloway is behind Roddy too. He's also behind Colston (albeit one spot).

White > The old man