Dunn? Seriously??!?! WHY?!?!?

sporkdevil

Someone please answer why in god does Dunn see the field. When did he really have a good game? Every time I am disappointed. And it keeps happening. He looses yards. Maybe he gets 1 or 2 yards.

WHY DOES HE EVEN PLAY? Put in Snelling. ****, I'd rather see Pinner. Let Ovie just run it, I don't care, it can't get worse. Dunn is too old, too slow, and too small, please someone stop this shame cycle.

Some say he continues to get carries because its in his contract. If that is true I think he is being selfish wanting to get carries when he is hurting the team in the process. His ypc have to be the worst or among the worst in the whole league for someone with at least 10 carries per game.

crucifixz (12/11/2007)
so you guys are saying that because of Dunn we are loseing games?;)

An incompetent run game is only part of it, but it is one of the problems that is so very very fixable. We have replacements. Snelling can go up the middle, Norwood can go up the corners. What does Dunn offer this offense? Because I have seen more than enough. A QB sneak instead of Dunn would get us more yards.

It's gotten to the point where it frustrates me so F'n bad to watch him run up the middle for a yard, I just turn the channel so I can cool off. I really can't handle it anymore. 9 out of 10 times if it was 3rd and 1, he wouldn't make it. It looks like he doesn't even try anymore. He falls down before he gets hit. And I simply adore how the FO game him that hefty contract :angry:

one more time the team is 3-10,playing for pride and draft position,dunn can't run this team to victory irregardless especially when teams are slicing through this defense like a machete through a pineapple,even the owner admitted they have several need areas mostly on offense,what about arron stecker getting 100 yards,david patten going over 100 yards,janderson laying an egg this season,and finally dunn's base salary is 3.2 million norwoods 360,000 why would i start norwood over dunn if the team is losing let dunn take the lumps since he won't be here next year anyway

There's a reason teams like the Saints can plug third and 4th string RB's in and still be productive while the Falcons aren't no matter who's running the ball, save for a few big plays. Take a break from the fantasy football, where the line doesn't matter, and learn real football.

so you guys are saying that because of Dunn we are loseing games?

Not at all, and I'm the biggest Dunn fan in the world, but at this point, I do wonder if Petrino isn't just over-utilizying Dunn as a means to "cash it in". I really hope he isn't that kind of coach, but I have my suspicions that he's doing something to show the FO that these players aren't what is needed and using this as a way to get more "pull" when it comes to draft time next year.

I was excited listening to the pre-game and thinking I was actually going to get to see Norwood. I mean they even said that the coach says his biggest playmaker is Norwood. Well, I thought this was Petrino's FTS offense. Hard to do when your stud never gets the ball.

But, no, a lack of Dunn at any point this year probably wouldn't have gotten us even 1 more win. I'm just at a loss in justifying how bad this team is: so bad in fact, that we cannot really even be considering a QB with the first pick. If any of Blank's comments last night are to be taken seriously, it sounded like we're going QB with the first pick and sitting him for the year until he learns the game.

We need much more than a QB. I couldn't only stomach about 2 quarters last night, but those two quarters were enough to convince me what many on here have been saying. We need players on the OL and DL. Forget all the flash and cash players. We need at least three starting OL this offseason and one immediate starter on the DL even if Coleman and Lewis do come back healthy next season. Then we need a go to RB not named Dunn. I think it could be Norwood, but there's no indication anyone on the staff thinks so. In which case, we do need a RB, a starting FS and a very good CB and a MLB and OLB.

Williams, Houston and DMo are all regressing. DMo is becoming a liability. After 3 years, you'd think he'd learn how to play contain on the cutbacks and misdirection, but no.

I'll take OL, DL, FS and RB/CB in the first 3 rounds and a QB in the 4th. We could probably still land Mauk from Cinci and he'd be an improvement. Next year's QBs could be a FA pickup to replace Redman if necessary, but if we don't get that, we go with the 4th rounder, Redman and DJ.

We need to cut Jennings, Dunn, Leftwich, Harrington. Most importantly, we need OLmen though. I don't care if we have to pay two of them Ovie Mughelli type money to get them, which we probably will.

Did anyone notice how our OL didn't even bother to come back and protect the QB at any point in the game? I mean even when they were unevaded to the QB they still managed to shove Redman, and not one OLman stepped up and knocked that guy's block off. I would advocate just takinig the 15 yarder and close-lining that jerk from the backside. Not our OLmen. They just walked back to the huddle and didn't give it a second look. If I were Redman, I'd be drilling my OLmen in the back of the head with the football while they are doing their version of attempting to block.

Unlike last year, we don't seem to be quitting so much as we just flat out stink in almost every area of the game. Even Boley was lackluster last night.

celtik

halsey (12/11/2007)
There's a reason teams like the Saints can plug third and 4th string RB's in and still be productive while the Falcons aren't no matter who's running the ball, save for a few big plays. Take a break from the fantasy football, where the line doesn't matter, and learn real football.

Man, you said a mouthful there.

Someone needs to print up some tee shirts that say, "It's the O-Line, stupid!!!"

We have at least 10 draft picks this year. We'd better use at least four of them for the o-line.