thoughts on Redman's performance?

goldenarms14

Props to Redman, he gave my Saints a run for their money, i didn't expect him to score any points tonight really, he remained poised and did the best with what his O-Line Allowed him to get with them, Your team offense totally gave up tonight on the kid's first start this season, im sure if they had wanted this game more a few more points would have been put on the board easily.

Falcons will have a huge Roster move next season, it's gonna be just like the Saints Transition season, Hopefully it doesn't turn out as good as our transition season :-)

I think Joey or Leftwich would have done the same or better. We were basically in garbage time for the majority of the game and if they didn't fumble the punt we most likely would have only scored 7 pts which is less than we did when Joey or Byron were in against New Orleans a few weeks back. Next game, we're going to get hammered again and it will be an ugly line for Redman. The offense from the personnel to the coach are the reason to blame...we have no blocking, our receivers drop too many passes and we have a coach who doesn't seem to care that the qb's don't throw for first down yardage on 3rd OR 4th down! Petrino also doesn't seem to make many plays designed to get our best offensive threat (Norwood) any touches. To me thats sad it would be like the millenium era Rams not getting Marshall Faulk any touches or the Patriots not getting Moss any balls or the Cowboys only throwing to Owens a couple times a game. To me any coach who has an explosive talent like Norwood has to get him involved with at least 15 touches a game or more because he can score anytime he has the ball.

I thought Redman played well. I am a Joey fan, but Redman played very well considering the Falcons O line is the worst in the league. That hit Redman took in the 4th quarter where he fumbled the ball due to the severity of the hit was due to the fact the lineman had given up on the play and let the Saints guy through. I felt sorry for Redman. If the pass protection gets worse and let's face it the next two opponents have much tougher defenses then the Saints, you can see Kerney for Seattle will be licking his chops for this game coming up then no matter who is quarterback is going to feel a lot of pain.

Interesting interaction between Joey and Brees at the end of the game. They are pretty good friends. Looked like they knew each other from college days or something.

I totally agree with you on that Monsoon, any offense needs a solid Oline to be successful. But as the year has progressed I think that Petrino's playcalling needs to be addressed. Everyone wanted to blame the short passes and bad offense on Joey, they all said it was "captain dink and dunk" who was to blame. But if you notice Byron and Redman did the same. When Redman made the deep passes for the score I thought the same thing as when Joey got the long one to Roddy in the Indy game, that we were going to exploit their shoddy secondary, but we didn't, there weren't anymore long throws to be made. Also, I think poor blocking and playcalling lead to us getting no running yards as well, why we keep running up the middle with scat backs makes no sense and why we don't put the ball in Norwood's hands is beyond me. I think we should run more screen passes with Dunn and Norwood and run sweeps with them to keep the D honest and when running up the middle use Snelling to do so. I think Petrino has done a poor job of maximizing his players and it shows up each Sunday. I also think it has been horrible how Petrino has treated Joey this year and I hope he goes to Chicago next year and does well for them, he has been pure class this year, did you see how he was one of the first to greet Redman after his first TD.

their defense was able to take away the long passes because they dropped everyone into coverage and got pressure on Redman with their d-line alone. sucks because Redman was actually getting the ball out in front of our receivers in those deep routes. If we could have at least threatened them with the run, maybe their safeties would have had to play closer to the line

Your right Snicker our running game did nothing at all. I have felt all year though we need to run more screens, we seem to be successful when we do, but I only see maybe 2 or 3 at the most called the whole game. I think their corners are so bad though that even if we threw to them that we could complete some passes. That David guy out there is as bad as Sanders.

He did fairly well given the absence of a running game and decent pass protection. He showed that he can get the ball out quickly on the short/intermediate routes - which is key with our terrible O-line - and had the arm to make the deep completions to Roddy and Robinson. If we can find the personnel to give him some time in the pocket, he may well be serviceable. But he's not good enough to prevent us drafting a franchise QB. Good news is, he could be the guy to help the youngster transition next year.

bridson (12/11/2007)
I think Joey or Leftwich would have done the same or better. We were basically in garbage time for the majority of the game and if they didn't fumble the punt we most likely would have only scored 7 pts which is less than we did when Joey or Byron were in against New Orleans a few weeks back. Next game, we're going to get hammered again and it will be an ugly line for Redman. The offense from the personnel to the coach are the reason to blame...we have no blocking, our receivers drop too many passes and we have a coach who doesn't seem to care that the qb's don't throw for first down yardage on 3rd OR 4th down! Petrino also doesn't seem to make many plays designed to get our best offensive threat (Norwood) any touches. To me thats sad it would be like the millenium era Rams not getting Marshall Faulk any touches or the Patriots not getting Moss any balls or the Cowboys only throwing to Owens a couple times a game. To me any coach who has an explosive talent like Norwood has to get him involved with at least 15 touches a game or more because he can score anytime he has the ball.

IF YOU THINK LEFTY OR JOEY WOULD HAVE DONE AS WELL OR BETTER I WONDER WHERE YOU'VE BEEN ALL SEASON. IF EITHER OF THOSE TWO GUYS HAD QB'd THAT GAME, YOU MIGHT AS WELL TACK ON 14 MORE POINTS TO THE SAINTS SCORE.