41 pass attemnpts from Brees, 0 sacks, 0 tackles from Jamaal Anderson,

37Ice

excuses, a # 8 overall pick is not paid millions of dollars to have a learning year as a fulltime starter, when he has 0 sacks, and honestly, low tackle #'s considering the excuse about him being asked to play the run

so yes, this year for his draft position, the money he is being paid, this season is a bust for him

next season is another matter

tipp78 (12/10/2007)
Did you even watch the game? Yea 100 yds by a 3rd string RB is horrible, you can put that on Anderson...yes hes been dissapointing, but i see him improving...he was SOOOO close to his first sack tonight.

wow are you serious? do you really think that was an improvement? close doesn't mean $#%t. I would have much been happier if he had just gotten his hands up and batted the pass, instead of going for the sack and being completely incompetent and not wrapping up on the tackle. but even if you saw that play, where Brees ended up completing the pass for a big gain and a first down, even if you saw that a positive and a step forward for Anderson ... did he make any other play all night long? absolutely nothing. our lack of pass rush allowed Brees to pick our secondary apart. with a rookie starting at CB, we absolutely need more pressure on the QB.

something really needs to change on the d-line. either find someone who can rush the passer and get some kind of pressure from that side, or find a new d-line coach. someone has to be held accountable for the non-existant pass rush though, and it needs to get fixed.

Its hard for DE's to do anything in the NFL without the DT's Grady's gone Coleman is hurt. John has had a lack of production for the same reason. We need to blitz to pressure but with a rookie corner do you put him on an island. The reason we are so bad this year is not the coaches or the skill players. The injuries at tackle have killed us on both sides of the ball. IF your going to call Jamaal a bust call out the 2 2nd rounders as well. What have they really done. Chill this is a bad season and all the teams go through it. Atleast we're not the Dolphins!!!!

we have no DT play at allllll

its not just anderson sucking it up, our entire dline is pathetic they are all scrubs and washouts of the nfl. only player worth starting is abraham. our DT's are rotational players at most. Anderson gets a bye this year. But he has been dissapointing. But i certainly dont expect a rookie to come in and dominate with the shambles of a defensive line that we have.

37Ice (12/11/2007)
how bout 1 sack???

how bout at least 1 pass deflection?

how bout 1 forced fumble on the QB?

thats all i ask

I swear people on this board spew more nonsense then Rush Limbaugh....

Jamaal Andersons Rookie Year through 14 weeks...

24 tackles... 3 Passes Defended... 1 Forced Fumble

Calling him a bust in his first year is FREAKING HILLARIOUS

Its not like he played four years as a DE in college...

GET A CLUE PEOPLE AND STOP COMPLAINING....

If you people ran our front office the team would be 0-16 this season... just be quiet and crawl back into your corners

Listen i was at the game and i kept an eye on him for a whole series and he could have had his firstsack but did not rap up. his speed rush, eithir he does not have the strenght to cut it short or his technique is just bad the o-lineman just runs himway past the #####b. sometimes he got chipped sometimes he got doubleteamed.Im sorry but you could have gotten better results keeping carrington.