Bobby P., I have a coaching tip for you.

bigbirdfanDC

EVERY TIME YOUR QUARTERBACK THROWS A SHORT PASS ON 3RD AND 4TH AND LONG, KICK HIM IN THE JUNK SEVERAL TIMES!

IF HE THROWS THREE YARDS SHORT OF THE FIRST, KICK HIM IN THE JUNK THREE TIMES. FOUR YARDS SHORT, FOUR TIMES... RIGHT IN THE JUNK!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I have seen this a million times this season by 3 quarterbacks. It's driven me crazy!

Calling a play on 3rd or 4th down that sends a WR on a route 5 or more yards short of the first down marker is the kind of "offensive genious" that I simply cannot comprehend! :w00t:

Good thing I'm not a head coach or coordinator, because my mind is apparently too small to grasp the genious in those kinds of plays. But they must make sense, because we run them ALL the time!

Funny that as a team with an offensive genious at the helm we have the same number of TDs as Moss has all by himself. LOL.

Why are so many coaches who are called offensive "genuises" on teams that have poor offenses. For example Brian Billick is called an offensive "genius" and him along with Petrino are known for "complex" offensive schemes. On the other hand Bill Belichick is called a defensive "genius" and the Pats score a ton of pts and their offense isn't known as "complex". Goes to show that running an efficient offense isn't that tough when you have solid blocking and a qb who makes good reads and wr's who hold onto the ball.

dirtybirdsdance (12/10/2007)
We have QB'S??

Vick hurt this team more then any other player ever i believe.....

We have been forced to play scrubs, and hope for the best, and I have had no problems with our coach, **** joey has looked better this year then he ever has, so i see hope if we can get a QB ASAP

YOU SAY VICK HURT THIS TEAM MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER ... YOU BELIEVE! WELL, THIS TEAM HAS BEEN HURTING FOR 41 YEARS. WAY BEFORE VICK WAS EVER BORN. AND WHOSE FAULT IS IT IF WE ARE PLAYING SCRUBS? YOU MAY NOT KNOW IT BUT JOEY IS ONE OF THE SCRUBS. AND AFTER YOU GET YOUR QB AS SOON AS POSIBLE ....... THEN WHAT?????????????????

REV.2000 (12/11/2007)
We have QB'S??

We have been forced to play scrubs, and hope for the best, and I have had no problems with our coach, **** joey has looked better this year then he ever has, so i see hope if we can get a QB ASAP

YOU SAY VICK HURT THIS TEAM MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER ... YOU BELIEVE! WELL, THIS TEAM HAS BEEN HURTING FOR 41 YEARS. WAY BEFORE VICK WAS EVER BORN. AND WHOSE FAULT IS IT IF WE ARE PLAYING SCRUBS? YOU MAY NOT KNOW IT BUT JOEY IS ONE OF THE SCRUBS. AND AFTER YOU GET YOUR QB AS SOON AS POSIBLE ....... THEN WHAT?????????????????

:hehe::hehe::hehe: Yeah vick only hurt the team for the 6 years he played and the 2 years it will take them to fix things. Just remind everyone. We went to the superbowl before vick and will go back without him. Vick is Vick he is not the falcons. He was just a lame qb hybrid.:hehe::hehe: On to the future. Real Qb's and Real linemen to protect him.

Plays designed with the receiver catching the ball

stopped short of the first down then having to fight

for the first down from a stationary position are

going to fail 75% of the time. That percentage is

mine, but I have watched a lot of football.

Bobby assured the great Tony Kornheiser that he

was going to get the ball in Norwood's hands more

in this game. He was described as the most explosive

weapon in the Falcons arsenal. 6 carries later we

still haven't really gotten him warmed up this year.

jstammer (12/11/2007)
Calling a play on 3rd or 4th down that sends a WR on a route 5 or more yards short of the first down marker is the kind of "offensive genious" that I simply cannot comprehend! :w00t:

Good thing I'm not a head coach or coordinator, because my mind is apparently too small to grasp the genious in those kinds of plays. But they must make sense, because werunthem ALL the time!

Funny thatas a team with an offensive genious at the helm wehave the same number of TDs asMoss has all by himself. LOL.

I too, cannot seem to comprehend the playcalling of this offensive genius.

F'K VICK! - Right now he is no longer relevant on this team - He won't help the team next year or the next - MAYBE NEVER EVER AGAIN - only way he can help the team now is to pay back the 20 million the Falcons won in arbitration due to a "Breach Of Contract" per the NFL & an independent Arbitrator - other than that Vick doesn't matter

jstammer (12/11/2007)

Good thing I'm not a head coach or coordinator, because my mind is apparently too small to grasp the genious in those kinds of plays. But they must make sense, because werunthem ALL the time!

Funny thatas a team with an offensive genious at the helm wehave the same number of TDs asMoss has all by himself. LOL.

If you look there is generally only one reciever that is running the route short of the first down. That is the QB's last read, his checkdown (especially if the back stayed in to block). But unfortunately our QB's usually make the easiest throw rather than the best throw.

bridson (12/11/2007)
Why are so many coaches who are called offensive "geniuses" on teams that have poor offenses. For example Brian Billick is called an offensive "genius" and him along with Petrino are known for "complex" offensive schemes. On the other hand Bill Belichick is called a defensive "genius" and the Pats score a ton of pts and their offense isn't known as "complex". Goes to show that running an efficient offense isn't that tough when you have solid blocking and a qb who makes good reads and wr's who hold onto the ball.

It all comes down to the talent that each has to coach. It doesn't matter how good a coach is if he doesn't have good players to execute the schemes. If you look at most of the poor offenses in the NFL, you will see less than spectacular QB talent leading all of them. Billick was a great OC when he had Warren Moon and Randall Cunnigham at QB. He won a superbowl with Dilfer in his prime. Kyle Boller is not very good. McNair is past his prime and can't stay on the field. Belichick has Tom Brady (maybe the best QB ever). Dungy has Manning. If you don't have the QB, the rest of the team has to be very strong to compensate.

uup115 (12/11/2007)

...and yet the Falcon players continued to show their ignorance by support him.

What a stupid statement. "Friendship" is more important then a GAME. I commend them for supporting there FRIEND. I don't however believe he should be set free but I do believe you should never turn your back on someone no matter how big of a mistake they make. I'm glad Jesus don't have your attitude. Because, if he did we would all be with out hope. I guess 23 mo. in prison isn't good enough a punishment in your eyes. maybe he should have been given the chair or better yet nailed to a cross. Remember that you'll be judged by god, how you have judged others. Just something to think about.

durrans (12/11/2007)
REV.2000 (12/11/2007)
We have QB'S??

[/quote

:hehe::hehe::hehe: Yeah vick only hurt the team for the 6 years he played and the 2 years it will take them to fix things. Just remind everyone. We went to the superbowl before vick and will go back without him. Vick is Vick he is not the falcons. He was just a lame qb hybrid.:hehe::hehe: On to the future. Real Qb's and Real linemen to protect him.

ONE SUPER BOWL APPERANCE IN 41 YEARS .......THATS GREAT DURRANS, AND WE GOT BLOWN AWAY IN THAT. AND NOBODY SAID MV WAS THE FALCONS, YOU HINTED THAT BY SAYING HE WASN'T. AND WHILE YOU'RE FINDING YOUR REAL QB's AND LINEMEN, YOU BETTER FIND A FEW REAL FANS, THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT, AND WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. SUBJECT CLOSED.

bigbirdfan75 (12/10/2007)
EVERY TIME YOUR QUARTERBACK THROWS A SHORT PASS ON 3RD AND 4TH AND LONG, KICK HIM IN THE JUNK SEVERAL TIMES!

IF HE THROWS THREE YARDS SHORT OF THE FIRST, KICK HIM IN THE JUNK THREE TIMES. FOUR YARDS SHORT, FOUR TIMES... RIGHT IN THE JUNK!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I have seen this a million times this season by 3 quarterbacks. It's driven me crazy!

I think our fanbase would increase seeing Harrington get kicked in the junk...must see tv

This is going to make a lot of people LOL @ me and say "Oh yeah I bet you could" but I don't care.

I honestly believe I could call a better offensive game for the Atlanta Falcons than Bobby Petrino does.

You know why? Because it doesn't take a genious to call plays that are designed for the quarterback to turn around and hand the ******** ball off to Jerious Norwood. It also doesn't take a genious to call plays that are designed for the quarterback to throw the ******** ball to Jerious Norwood.

It doesn't take a genious to have all the receivers run routes PASSED the first down marker on 3rd and 4th downs.

It doesn't take a genious to use the highest paid fullback in NFL history every once in awhile.

And it doesn't take a genious to throw the ball to Roddy White 10-12 times a game. HE should be our main guy we look for, on every single play, but yet he gets only 5-6 catches a game. Now that may be the QBs fault, but it's not hard to notice them NOT throwing the ball to White as much as they should.

How do I know all of this? Because I'm not a genious...and I see this, along with thousands of other Falcons fans, every single game. But for some reason, Bobby Petrino doesn't.

REV.2000 (12/11/2007)
We have QB'S??

Not sure why you are yelling, but yes i do belive #7 hurt this team more then any other player (although i was reminded of Eugene Robinson so thats close) has. yes i know joes is a scrub thats my point, if we can make a scub play great under these conditions, imagine what we could do with a real QB.

It is Vicks fault we are playing these scrubs By the way, do you not believe we need a QB?

Headshot (12/11/2007)
This is going to make a lot of people LOL @ me and say "Oh yeah I bet you could" but I don't care.

I honestly believe I could call a better offensive game for the Atlanta Falcons than Bobby Petrino does.

You know why? Because it doesn't take a genious to call plays that are designed for the quarterback to turn around and hand the ******** ball off to Jerious Norwood. It also doesn't take a genious to call plays that are designed for the quarterback to throw the ******** ball to Jerious Norwood.

It doesn't take a genious to have all the receivers run routes PASSED the first down marker on 3rd and 4th downs.

It doesn't take a genious to use the highest paid fullback in NFL history every once in awhile.

And it doesn't take a genious to throw the ball to Roddy White 10-12 times a game. HE should be our main guy we look for, on every single play, but yet he gets only 5-6 catches a game. Now that may be the QBs fault, but it's not hard to notice them NOT throwing the ball to White as much as they should.

How do I know all of this? Because I'm not a genious...and I see this, along with thousands of other Falcons fans, every single game. But for some reason, Bobby Petrino doesn't.

Not totally disagreeing with you but look on the bright side..

He'll probably be here next season and we can look foward to more performances like that.

Did the team even practice. Whoever does the game planning for the Falcons needs to do the world a favor and shoot himself. He's useless.