Chris Houston

Grim Truth

I think this game shows everyone that Houston isn't ready to be the #1 corner. He may be someday, but right now I've watched him getting shredded. I like the guy, but we cannot move Hall until we are SURE he is ready to step in at the #1 corner, and I know he isn't right now. I don't think anyone can deny that.

This isn't a "we need to sign Hall" thread (though we do), this is more saying that Houston is not playing well and we cannot move Hall until he is ready to be the top CB. Until then we cannot put him against other teams top receivers.

I do have a question though. Looking at his entire body of work this season, can anyone say FOR SURE that he will become a top CB or just a solid #2?

You can't expect Houston to make every play, and with the lack of pressure on Brees, there are gonna be a lot more plays made by the WRs.

I think Houston is definitely learning though, and all of this playing time will make him into a really great corner next season. I wish I could say the same for J Anderson, but he's given us little to be hopeful about

The kid is going to be thrown at. Theres no question about that. The stat that surprised me was that Lewis has been thrown at 38 times and 31 were completions ( counting the touchdown) Houston is a rookie but needs to learn to play with the ball in the air. He is usually in good position, but he needs to get his head on a swivel.

squirreldawg (12/11/2007)
He's gotta start getting his head around. He is in good/decent position, but has no idea when or where the ball is coming.
Yeah, I was screaming "Turn around, Chris!" on that first TD play but I guess he didn't hear me :angry:. Seriously I like him and he gets in great position and he's very physical but he has to learn to look for the **** ball