With Petrino seen as an offensive genius, with Norwood, a 1,000 yd WR in White

37Ice

37Ice (12/10/2007)
acceptable??????

even with the YKW stuff and our OL

is it??? the guy was brought in to be an offensive genius, and we are this bad on offensive?

i dont think so....

The last time I checked, an effective offense starts and stops with the QB position. And, who do the Falcons have at the QB position again??

37Ice (12/10/2007)
acceptable??????

even with the YKW stuff and our OL

is it??? the guy was brought in to be an offensive genius, and we are this bad on offensive?

i dont think so....

1. Last year we had one of the worst lines in the league, now we are playing with 2nd and 3rd string guys that couldn't even start ahead of the guys we had last year.

2. Crumpler has been injured most of the year.

3. Our QB options have been one of the worst QBs in all time with Joey Harrington and Byron the statue that breaks to easily on back-up.

I haven't been impressed at all with the creativity of Petrino's playcalling. However, in his defense, he doesn't have the line to allow the complicated routes and plays to develop.

Once he can get more of his players into the system, we'll start to see whether his scheme can be effective at the NFL level from a X and O's standpoint.

but even you have to admit, Petrino has screwed up the QB situation this year, saying one thing doing another, the Norwood situation, not using Snelling, his demand for that stupid kicker in the beginning of the year, his unwillingness to adapt,

those are all non-related YKW issues

37Ice (12/10/2007)
but even you have to admit, Petrino has screwed up the QB situation this year, saying one thing doing another, the Norwood situation, not using Snelling, his demand for that stupid kicker in the beginning of the year, his unwillingness to adapt,

those are all non-related YKW issues

Actually, I don't think he screwed up the QB situation at all. His choices just weren't all that "attractive" to begin with. I give him credit for at least trying something new to hopefully spark the team.

I will give you the whole Norwood situation, but with the OL problems, I honestly think he felt Dunn might have been a better fit just from a blocking perspective. As for Snelling, I think we should see him a bit more before we decide whether or not Petrino's handling of him was a mistake or not.

The point is that every NFL coach makes mistakes. Petrino's mistakes are magnified because of the Falcons' problems this year, and the fact that most of us Falcon fans are probably a wee bit unrealistic with our expectations of this team. Given the firestorm that this team has had to endure over the past 12 months, I personally think that Petrino has done a pretty good job just fielding a team that remains somewhat competitive.