Petrino: Norwood to get more touches

Demetrius Dew

Petrino is a joke, he is possibly the worst head coach in the league right now. Sure we have injuries and the Vick thing but he gets outcoached every game and he has bad player management. He isn't even a good teacher of the game like some coaches who get outcoached are. I think if he stays here we will be perennially bad because of his mistakes out there every Sunday.

bridson (12/10/2007)
Petrino is a joke, he is possibly the worst head coach in the league right now. Sure we have injuries and the Vick thing but he gets outcoached every game and he has bad player management. He isn't even a good teacher of the game like some coaches who get outcoached are. I think if he stays here we will be perennially bad because of his mistakes out there every Sunday.

Player Management I think is his weakest area.

Sad thing is I bet at the post game press conference Petrino says "we competed hard and I like the way the guys prepared this week for the game". To me that statement comes up as much as the "Norwood will get more touches" statement. How the heck can a guy say his team competed hard when it was a total blowout at home, the Saints were playing prevent and running the clock out and we still didn't do anything on offense. And this is the SAINTS, the bloody SAINTS, who give up tons of pts every game. It is brutally obvious out there that the guys have given up and don't care anymore. Whoever set the line of the game at 4 pts was drunk for thinking it would be that close. Petrino mixes terrible play calling with terrible player management and personnel decisions and is consistently and constantly outcoached. But I guess we as fans can feel good knowing that "the guys competed hard and prepared well for the game".