Are you freaking kidding me

gigem

OK so I called my brother in Maine( hes a huge pats fan) hes gloating about having a running game next year..... Apperently the Pats have SF first round pick as of right now that puts them #2..... D Mac a Patriot just ship the trophy now..... Assume they arnt #2 they will still have a top 5 pick..... LOL the rich get richer

deathfromabove (12/10/2007)
No way they draft that low, they'll trade the pick for several more and continue to be dominant.

Taking RBs in the top ten is D U M B...

Somebody forward this to Rich McKay. I'd rather have picks than one "stud" who's going to eat the salary cap up for years. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a marquee player hoping that a big name and potential for excitement puts butts back in the stands, even if it won't translate right away into wins.

this is not new news. the patriots pretty much have a stronghold on the NFL. on the old boards i made the comment about them losing their first round pick because of spygate......that the pick they took would actually be their second pick. i feel like such a cheater by having admired the pats for the last six seasons, because if i wasnt such a homer, i would have a pile of patriots merchandise in my belongings lol. as it stands, i have 3 falcons jerseys, 5 ballcaps, and ten tee-shirts. at least i could pay for someones....something lol.

The Pats know how to work the system. Since Belichik and Peoli have been in charge, they've always had two first round picks. They usually trade a pick away for one the next year. It makes sense, because with their talent level, most of their picks can't make the team. But they are always stocked for the future if there is a need.

The rich get richer because they are smart. Hire a great coach. Check. Draft smart. Check. Get the right FA, but don't break the bank. Check. Resign your core players. Check. Find other players who match your system and slot them in ad nauseum. Check.

The Falcons can be this way if we are smart. We can rise like a Phoenix out of this quagmire (diggity) if McKay and Blank keep their heads and don't try to put a band aid on the sucking chest wound. NO fads. NO quick fixes to put ***** in the seats. NO more college coaches. NO ONE NAMED MORA. Bring in a coach who is high in principles and LEADS, not through tyranny, but through the sheer fact that he is a man to be respected by his actions and words.

After much debate Im convinced they will trade down to stockpile even more talent for the future.

They really don't need to spend that much money on a RB when

A)They are such a pass oriented team

B)They already have a first round RB in Maroney

If they do spend a top 5 pick it will probably be on a defensive player in the front 7.

quikvick_26 (12/11/2007)
If they draft Glenn Dorsey....WOW....put him next to seymour....its just not fair!

And Ty Warren. THat's not fair.

Lately i've become hooked on the thought of having Dorsey in middle of our line. Imagine Anderson - Dorsey - Lewis - Abraham. That's one vicious line. One thing we really need is someone to collapse the pocket on a regular basis.