What possible good could come from a win tonight?

falconthrasher

For each additional game won the draft pick is going to get worse so if the Falcons beat the Saints yeah that kinda puts a damper or hopes for post season or them but in the same breath it HURTS the Falcons for the draft.

Just a thought I see nothing that would be good about a W for the Falcons tonight, or for the rest of the season for that matter.

Well if we win tonight our draft status will drop between the 5th and the 7th pick. I'm perfectly okay with that because we can select our qb of the future or the best OT on the board. Without reaching or having to trade down, not that trading down is a bad thing.:)

And with a win tonight the Saints have no chance in **** at making the playoffs. I would love to be the team to dash their pathetic little playoff hopes.

Salary Cap Space.

Face it, we are gonna pick high in the draft, but a top 4-8 pick takes up much less cap space than the 1-3 positions, leaving us More money to plug holes with.

We can officially end the Saints chances

We can build momentum for next season.

Never lay down and die, go out fighting...

falconthrasher (12/10/2007)
For each additional game won the draft pick is going to get worse so if the Falcons beat the Saints yeah that kinda puts a damper or hopes for post season or them but in the same breath it HURTS the Falcons for the draft.

Just a thought I see nothing that would be good about a W for the Falcons tonight, or for the rest of the season for that matter.

dude, F the draft. a Falcons win is always a good thing, a Falcons win against the disgusting Saints is even better. If our team wins games now, it gives a winning foundation and attitude to build on during training camp and into next season. As a player, would you be excited about working in the offseason if you finished with 7 straight losses and a 3-13 record? **** no. Would you be excited about working out and getting into mini camp if you finished the season with 4 straight wins, including 2 wins at home and a 7-9 record? my guess is yes. I'd much rather see us win these games, even if it doesn't take us to the playoffs because losing a ton of games will really hurt the team's morale, and the morale has been in the gutter all season long.

A torrent of abuse will be ripped on my Saints friend via the wonderful device known as Aol Instant Messenger!

snicker (12/10/2007)

dude, F the draft. a Falcons win is always a good thing, a Falcons win against the disgusting Saints is even better. If our team wins games now, it gives a winning foundation and attitude to build on during training camp and into next season. As a player, would you be excited about working in the offseason if you finished with 7 straight losses and a 3-13 record? **** no. Would you be excited about working out and getting into mini camp if you finished the season with 4 straight wins, including 2 wins at home and a 7-9 record? my guess is yes. I'd much rather see us win these games, even if it doesn't take us to the playoffs because losing a ton of games will really hurt the team's morale, and the morale has been in the gutter all season long.

Agreed. Pride man, It's all about the Pride. We can have all the good players we want, but if we don't win, it doesn't mean anything.

somecut8 (12/10/2007)
snicker (12/10/2007)

Agreed. Pride man, It's all about the Pride. We can have all the good players we want, but if we don't win, it doesn't mean anything.

Thank you guys. It's refreshing to actually see fans on this board being fans. I'm so sick of hearing "fans" root for our team to lose just for a higher draft pick. If we were to lose all the rest of our games and get the 2nd pick, guess what people? That doesn't automically mean we'll win. This is a team game. Right now as fans we need to root for our team to win. We'll get a good draft pick regardless, but we can't worry about that right now.

Exactly!! Mike McCarthy was on ESPN radio last month, and he commented on how the Packers success this season was really setup by how they finished last season. The winning attitude carried over into OTAs, training camp, preseason, and into the season. I am of the opinion that getting that experience winning football games is invaluable for a football team, so I believe that winning as many games as possible is more valuable than the crapshoot known as the draft.

Besides, who is the front runner for NFL rookie of the year this year (AP)? Where was he drafted in last year's draft (#7)?? So, getting a higher draft pick guarantees nothing in today's NFL, other than having to pay more for that pick.

I would like to see us win but what I think is more important is giving the coaches a look at some of the younger talent on this team. Starting Redman is a great idea and I hope in the coming weeks we see more of the unproven guys getting some reps.

I think its crucial that the coaches get the chance to evaluate EVERYONE on the team so we can dump the trash and keep the rest who are worthy of being here.

Snelling at RB, Jennings at WR, give them all a chance in the remaining games we have.

This season is lost but we can be fully prepared for the offseason moves that have to be made and the draft. Start prepping for '08 now.

All that being said I would love to knock the Aints out of the playoffs.

clownorg (12/10/2007)
Salary Cap Space.

Face it, we are gonna pick high in the draft, but a top 4-8 pick takes up much less cap space than the 1-3 positions, leaving us More money to plug holes with.

We can officially end the Saints chances

We can build momentum for next season.

Never lay down and die, go out fighting...

^^^^

That is a smart man

Couldn't have said it better myself

Here's hoping the 'aints don't win a game the rest of the decade

That logic is tantamount to purposely receiving an injury so you can get a handicap parking permit just so you can park close to the front door of the Wal Mart.

Losing HURTS that Falcons.......

##### draft position. we're not getting miami's #1 or New England's #2 (from SF). i'd much rather beat the saints and at least split the series this year. splitting would be great for us considering this has been the season from ****.

we were in the playoff hunt late last year, btw.