Oregon QB Dennis Dixon was drafted by the Braves and played in their

kdkane79

I think it varies by person as to what the wording of the contract is and of course the Braves knew that Dixon was going to be playing football during the fall so im sure his contract allows it and he'll have the option to walk away from baseball entirely and play football if he likes just like Drew Henson did but as they said on ESPN Dixon himself isnt sure what it will take to get him to walk away from baseball.

Unkn0wn (12/10/2007)
I think it varies by person as to what the wording of the contract is and of course the Braves knew that Dixon was going to be playing football during the fall so im sure his contract allows it and he'll have the option to walk away from baseball entirely and play football if he likes just like Drew Henson did but as they said on ESPN Dixon himself isnt sure what it will take to get him to walk away from baseball.

I know for a fact that he signed with the Braves with the condition that he could play football for Oregon this season..... HOWEVER, I have heard from a source through the Braves that Dixon told Roy Clark (scouting director for the Braves) that he would be with the Braves next season.......