I am Legend

knight rider

ignorant_icarus (12/10/2007)
Looks good, but wonder how in some clips it seems that he has power, when all the power stations are out.

Generator maybe? Sometimes you just have to suspend your disbelief and enjoy it for what it's worth

"suspension of disbelief" you sound like a film professor. But good point-I sometimes have trouble shutting my brain off ina movie though.

knight rider (12/10/2007)
I like the picture of him cruising through the streets in his mustang without anyone around, as well as the manquinns (spelling?) in the video store.
Of all the cars h e could figure out a way to drive around in, why a Mustang? If it were me, I would make my way to Watkins Glen and go nuts on the road course.

Someone said it was a remake of " last man on Earth" an old Vincent price film.That film can be found in the dollar movie DVD's at WalMart. As a fan of old movies and a huge Vincent Price fan, I loved that movie. But I an sure this one will have a lot more action and explosions when the first was more story driven. I have heard things about the ending of this new one that I do not like, and I hope I heard wrong. But I will wait to see it before I make a judgement.

I know a lot of people were saying " I Robot" was a blasphemy to Issac Asimov, even tho not directly based on his stories, but I really liked it.

Shiney_McShine (12/10/2007)
I like the picture of him cruising through the streets in his mustang without anyone around, as well as the manquinns (spelling?) in the video store.
Of all the cars h e could figure out a way to drive around in, why a Mustang? If it were me, I would make my way to Watkins Glen and go nuts on the road course.

Nothing wrong with a Mustang. ;)

And he'd prob kill himself if he tried to get in a NASCAR.

pencilpusher (12/11/2007)
Someone said it was a remake of " last man on Earth" an old Vincent price film.That film can be found in the dollar movie DVD's at WalMart. As a fan of old movies and a huge Vincent Price fan, I loved that movie. But I an sure this one will have a lot more action and explosions when the first was more story driven. I have heard things about the ending of this new one that I do not like, and I hope I heard wrong. But I will wait to see it before I make a judgement.

I know a lot of people were saying " I Robot" was a blasphemy to Issac Asimov, even tho not directly based on his stories, but I really liked it.

Last Man on Earth was a movie based off the 1954 novel I Am Legend.

Headshot (12/11/2007)
pencilpusher (12/11/2007)

Yep, I realize that but I was wondering if it would be more of a remake of the movie or the book or neither except the overall plot. I should have said " film starring Vincent Price" because " Vincent Price film" sounds like I meant he wrote/produced it. Sorry for the confusion.

Last Man on Earth was a movie based off the 1954 novel I Am Legend.

Its based on a older movie which is based off a book.

In the older versions, the guy is the last real human...and he can go out during the day and get food/supplies. At night he retreats back to a pimpin home that is set up like a fortress. Sometimes he gets caught out after dark(like he gets a flat tire) and either has to hide and pray he stays alive or he gets to a series of safe houses he set up for himself just in case he gets caught out after dark far away from home.

The things after him at night at, for intents and purposes, vampire like exhumans. In the older versions, the 'vampires' sleep during the day and rome around at night. They actually feared him because during the day he would stumble upon them sleeping and kill them(well, because they are vampires and all). So although they feared him because he wailed on them during the day, they would be all about killing him during the night.

This is an update of "The Omega Man" starring Charleton Heston, which is itself an interpretation of the book, "I Am Legend".

Basically, a virus gets loose that kills just about everybody and those it doesn't kill, it mutates into monster-people. The main character escapes this fate by virtue of being an Air Force scientist who happens to have the cure for the virus when everything goes down. There's not enough to distribute, but he manages to save himself.

The Omega Man was really good. This one looks like it will be, too. I'm looking forward to it.

Direwolf

knight rider (12/11/2007)
Shiney_McShine (12/10/2007)

Nothing wrong with a Mustang. ;)

And he'd prob kill himself if he tried to get in a NASCAR.

NASCAR :laugh: I would assume there are a few cars on hand there that are far better then NASCAR tubs.