Arthur Blank Lobbying for NEW STADIUM in NEAR Future.

RODDY NATION

Where to put it: Right on top of crack houses near current dome.

Who pays for it: Like most stadiums, the NFL gives up some money, and the city pays for some of it, and loans.

And I'd like a retractable roof, everyone else is getting one. That would be great to get some sun, or close it off if it's raining or freezing ##### cold. But I read something a few years ago he wanted to get a new one, and I haven't heard about any steps forward.

sporkdevil (12/10/2007)
Where to put it: Right on top of crack houses near current dome.

Who pays for it: Like most stadiums, the NFL gives up some money, and the city pays for some of it, and loans.

And I'd like a retractable roof, everyone else is getting one. That would be great to get some sun, or close it off if it's raining or freezing ##### cold. But I read something a few years ago he wanted to get a new one, and I haven't heard about any steps forward.

"or close it off if it's raining or freezing" ???

Are you serious? What kind of football fan are you?

snicker (12/10/2007)
Headshot (12/10/2007)

"or close it off if it's raining or freezing" ???

Are you serious? What kind of football fan are you?

Do you really think fans in Atlanta would go to a game if they had to sit in the rain or cold?

Why not? Are Atlanta fans too good for that? Football is a game played in the elements, and it's about overcoming those elements as well as the other team. Atlanta fans have been screaming for an outdoor stadium ever since the Dome was built...so yes, I think plenty will sit in the rain and cold to watch their Falcons play.