• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

falcon1fan (12/10/2007)
jatchisv2 (12/10/2007)
Seems to me that he got off easy ..... :ermm:

sadly i would have to agree. He wont have to do all of it either. I wish him the best and hope he straightens his life out and learns from his mistakes.

false..on federal charges you dont get out early on parole. he has to serve all 23 months. on state charges will probally get the same but get out after 3 months on parole

canesftballfan (12/10/2007)
falcon1fan (12/10/2007)
jatchisv2 (12/10/2007)

sadly i would have to agree. He wont have to do all of it either. I wish him the best and hope he straightens his life out and learns from his mistakes.

false..on federal charges you dont get out early on parole. he has to serve all 23 months. on state charges will probally get the same but get out after 3 months on parole

I will be surprised if he gets any sentence at all from the state... His lawyers for once have a very good defense... Constitutionally you cannot be convicted of the same crime twice... its gonna be interesting to see how that plays out.. in my opinion the state should just stay out of it... they already couldn't put a case together... its sad that they will ride the coattail of the feds to try and convict him twice... but whatever happens to Vick.. he deserves... i just think its wrong to convict someone of a crime twice

falkonx7 (12/10/2007)
I am in no way defending what Vick has done but have any of you that think he got off easy ever did any real time? I'm not talking about spending the night in jail. 23 months is a LONG time to be locked up, and if you've never been then you really have no clue.

im have no clue b/c i have morales....wow thats a good thing...i have no clue!

falkonx7 (12/10/2007)
I am in no way defending what Vick has done but have any of you that think he got off easy ever did any real time? I'm not talking about spending the night in jail. 23 months is a LONG time to be locked up, and if you've never been then you really have no clue.

im have no clue b/c i have morales....wow thats a good thing...i have no clue!

from reading some of your posts I think its safe to say that statement applies to your life in more than one area.

Petrino Is My Hero (12/10/2007)
falcon1fan (12/10/2007)
jatchisv2 (12/10/2007)

I will be surprised if he gets any sentence at all from the state... His lawyers for once have a very good defense... Constitutionally you cannot be convicted of the same crime twice... its gonna be interesting to see how that plays out.. in my opinion the state should just stay out of it... they already couldn't put a case together... its sad that they will ride the coattail of the feds to try and convict him twice... but whatever happens to Vick.. he deserves... i just think its wrong to convict someone of a crime twice

Mike Brooks was on 790 saying that it is VERY possible for him to get charged by the State.

Who knows? The state charges may be worded differently so that they are technically different charges.

One situation has charges against the USA and another against the Commonwealth of Virginia or however they refer to it.

grendel (12/10/2007)
Petrino Is My Hero (12/10/2007)

It's not the same crime, because they are state, rather than federal, laws he's being charged with breaking. Don't forget that the federal charges are all conspiracy charges, not charges for the acts themselves. The state charges are around animal cruelty, which is another thing altogether.

However, Virginia does have a law that you can't be punished for the same ACTS twice, whether it be at the federal or state level, so they may be able to slide by under that statute. It is not related to the US constitutional right against double jeopardy, however.

You can slide around it all you want.. but this is going to tip toe around constitutional rights if he is convicted twice... wording aside.. a conviction at the state level would be in appeals for a long time and likely would make it up to the highest possible court... this state case will be a big deal constitutionally.. Aside from the Virginia law about being punished for the same acts twice.. Judges are going to need to take a long look at interpreting the law on exactly how this second conviction will stand... Personally i think it is wrong for the state to be able to file charges after the feds made their case.. since they were not able to put a case together to start with... that is in no way defending Vick... its more of a slap to our legal system

grendel (12/10/2007)
So you've been cruel to farm animals, or to wild animals?

I've done some hunting in the past, and I know that there are some around here who find that "cruel". Just don't wanna rehash THAT whole thing again .... ;)

And besides .... NONE of those farm animals EVER complained!

grendel (12/10/2007)
jatchisv2 (12/10/2007)
grendel (12/10/2007)
So you've been cruel to farm animals, or to wild animals?

I've done some hunting in the past, and I know that there are some around here who find that "cruel". Just don't wanna rehash THAT whole thing again .... ;)

And besides .... NONE of those farm animals EVER complained!

Besse did. You should read her blog. ;)

She shouldn't cry over spilt milk ..... :angry: