FOR A LOUSY INSIGNIFICANT 4TH RD PICK WE COULD HAVE ONE OF THE

ATLballer

ATLBrave (12/10/2007)
atlballer (12/10/2007)
Should Mckay be let off the hook for missing out on Moss.....

Moss would be doing the same **** thing he did in OAK if we had traded for him.

seriously... people need to stop comparing his attitude in NE to what it would of been here... that is just insane... his attitude in OAK would of been his attitude in ATL.. not his NE attitude.. and god knows we do NOT need that...

Randy Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings to the Oakland Raiders last year

Apparently, the Pro Bowl wide receiver wanted to be somewhere else then.

Randy Moss admitted that he had hoped for a trade to either the Atlanta Falcons and join Michael Vick in offense or to the Baltimore Ravens and join Ray Lewis to form a formidable offense - defense tandem.

He particularly wanted to be a Falcon in Atlanta. The only problem back then was, the Atlanta Falcons management didn t want him.

Moss suggested in an interview that his hopes of joining the Atlanta Falcons was put to an end by the mere fact that Atlanta owner Arthur Blank and team president Rich McKay wanted nothing to do with the troublesome WR.

' I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick s elusiveness, Moss said. And I wanted to play with a guy such as [Ravens star middle linebacker] Ray Lewis, because he s on defense and I m on offense.

He adds, So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons, but the president and owner, told me specifically that [they] did not want me in Atlanta, there s nothing that I can do to get [to] Atlanta, and then wished me the best of luck. [blank] did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta.

The admission by Moss was the first confirmation of longstanding rumors that, when Vikings officials were seeking potential trade partners last spring, the wide receiver was eying Atlanta as a possible landing spot.

However, there were never any substantive trade negotiations with the Falcons, and Blank and McKay both said at the time that Moss was not a target, while hinting his off-field problems would keep the team from considering a deal for him.

It is not known if the Ravens ever discussed acquiring Moss in a trade.

http://www.oddjack.com/2006/nfl-football-l...kland-07-15.php

YoungHeezy (12/10/2007)
Randy Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings to the Oakland Raiders last year

Apparently, the Pro Bowl wide receiver wanted to be somewhere else then.

Randy Moss admitted that he had hoped for a trade to either the Atlanta Falcons and join Michael Vick in offense or to the Baltimore Ravens and join Ray Lewis to form a formidable offense - defense tandem.

He particularly wanted to be a Falcon in Atlanta. The only problem back then was, the Atlanta Falcons management didn t want him.

Moss suggested in an interview that his hopes of joining the Atlanta Falcons was put to an end by the mere fact that Atlanta owner Arthur Blank and team president Rich McKay wanted nothing to do with the troublesome WR.

' I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick s elusiveness, Moss said. And I wanted to play with a guy such as [Ravens star middle linebacker] Ray Lewis, because he s on defense and I m on offense.

He adds, So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons, but the president and owner, told me specifically that [they] did not want me in Atlanta, there s nothing that I can do to get [to] Atlanta, and then wished me the best of luck. [blank] did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta.

The admission by Moss was the first confirmation of longstanding rumors that, when Vikings officials were seeking potential trade partners last spring, the wide receiver was eying Atlanta as a possible landing spot.

However, there were never any substantive trade negotiations with the Falcons, and Blank and McKay both said at the time that Moss was not a target, while hinting his off-field problems would keep the team from considering a deal for him.

It is not known if the Ravens ever discussed acquiring Moss in a trade.

http://www.oddjack.com/2006/nfl-football-l...kland-07-15.php

Oh that was when the Front Office was proudly waving around the "Falcon Filter!" We would only accept high character players.

Then the "high character" players would all quit at the end of the season... I guess "quitting" is high character as far as the Falcons are concerned.

Anyway that was when the Front Office has the "Falcon Filter" thing... then their Golden Boy became a federal felon.... For some reason the front office doesn't mention the filter any more.