Keith Brooking, and DeAngelo Hall...

Jedi.Falcon

Brooking needs to be a backup. He has no trade value. I think our LBs are good. Not great, but better they would be better with Brooking as a backup if the organization cannot talk him into retiring.

DeAngelo Hall is another story. As much as I hate him, we need him. Kind of like the story of Achilles (quote: "Of all the warriors blessed by the gods, I hate him the most" - King Agememnon). I think we need to find some way to keep Hall, without sacrificing too much money for the rest of the team.

I feel bad for Harrington. He tried. He is just a backup QB, and a decent one, but nothing more.

Leftwich? Trade.

Dunn? Done.

Let's bring back TJ Duckett. He would thrive under Petrino's offense.

Roddy White is a Pro-Bowl WR. He finally turned the corner. Congratulations. We need to keep him.

Michael Jenkins. Not sure what happened to him this season, I saw him replacing Finneran. Didn't happen.

Chris Houston is gold. Must keep him.

Ovie Mughelli...I don't understand that at all. We pay him how much? Under-utilized? That's the weirdest thing to me. No comment, no answer.

JediFalcon (12/9/2007)
Brooking needs to be a backup. He has no trade value. I think our LBs are good. Not great, but better they would be better with Brooking as a backup if the organization cannot talk him into retiring.

DeAngelo Hall is another story. As much as I hate him, we need him. Kind of like the story of Achilles (quote: "Of all the warriors blessed by the gods, I hate him the most" - King Agememnon). I think we need to find some way to keep Hall, without sacrificing too much money for the rest of the team.

I feel bad for Harrington. He tried. He is just a backup QB, and a decent one, but nothing more.

Leftwich? Trade.

Dunn? Done.

Roddy White is a Pro-Bowl WR. He finally turned the corner. Congratulations. We need to keep him.

Michael Jenkins. Not sure what happened to him this season, I saw him replacing Finneran. Didn't happen.

Ovie Mughelli...I don't understand that at all. We pay him how much? Under-utilized? That's the weirdest thing to me. No comment, no answer.

petrino knew this season was a bust, so he is not showing his playbook. some people can understand the concept. harrington was a bum from the start, but they needed a vet backup. once YKW got his prroblem. the season was over.

I cant understand why we paid so much for Ovie to not use him either. I actually liked Griffith. Dont you think your being a little hard on Brooking? I mean the guy is a Falcon icon and means so much to this team. I guess it really is what have you done for me latley huh.

Montford (12/9/2007)
I cant understand why we paid so much for Ovie to not use him either. I actually liked Griffith. Dont you think your being a little hard on Brooking? I mean the guy is a Falcon icon and means so much to this team. I guess it really is what have you done for me latley huh.

Brooking served this team well his career. But his career is done. Time to move on.

No doubt we need D-hall to stay on this team, give Houston another year and that would be a nasty tandem. I wouldnt mind Harrington staying around and just being a 2nd or 3rd string if we got him for cheap. Brooking breaks my heart but yea his tank is pretty much empty...as well as dunn.

How do you hate someone you don't even know...?

You've determined that you hate someone based off him chasing a brown ball around a field and a couple of statements to a media outlet?

Anyway, we need to do whatever we can do, inside the interests of the team, to keep him...

We need to get rid of Harrington, period.

And if we can sucker someone into a trade for Leftwich, so be it.

Brooking needs to take a reduced role. He's too much of a team stalwart to dismiss unceremoniously. He's the kind of player you want on your roster for effort, but he's just not a good MLB and we need to improve at that position.

Get rid of Horn. He has the attitude and leadership skills, but not the body to be productive anymore. We need his roster spot...

Dunn can still be a weapon, granted there are other players on the field for defenses to focus on. If Dunn were a Patriot he'd be setting the league on fire. BUT he plays for the Falcons and thus is not worth the starting RB spot. We need a replacement...

Mughelli, Boley, Houston, and White are no-brainers. We need to retain them...

I'd like to keep Jenkins, but he is expendable...

JediFalcon (12/9/2007)

Leftwich? Trade.

Dunn? Done.

Pretty much the only thing I disagree with here is the comment about Duckett. No thanks. And I would want Brooking to stay on the team if he would agree to be relegated to a backup role.

FalconsFor6 (12/9/2007)
How do you hate someone you don't even know...?

You've determined that you hate someone based off him chasing a brown ball around a field and a couple of statements to a media outlet?

Anyway, we need to do whatever we can do, inside the interests of the team, to keep him...

We need to get rid of Harrington, period.

And if we can sucker someone into a trade for Leftwich, so be it.

Brooking needs to take a reduced role. He's too much of a team stalwart to dismiss unceremoniously. He's the kind of player you want on your roster for effort, but he's just not a good MLB and we need to improve at that position.

Get rid of Horn. He has the attitude and leadership skills, but not the body to be productive anymore. We need his roster spot...

Dunn can still be a weapon, granted there are other players on the field for defenses to focus on. If Dunn were a Patriot he'd be setting the league on fire. BUT he plays for the Falcons and thus is not worth the starting RB spot. We need a replacement...

Mughelli, Boley, Houston, and White are no-brainers. We need to retain them...

I'd like to keep Jenkins, but he is expendable...

jenkins is a BUST. id rather replace him with DJ Hall, and replace horn with a tim dwight/ wes walker type player, which we need. i say get davone bess. i think he could be a great return man/ slot. either davone or douglas( who knows petrino system, and plays that roll)

Twinblade (12/9/2007)
We just need a new Team period....start over.

Lol. I think the team has very nice young pieces in place. We just gotta build it right. A couple of good drafts and as few FA's as possible and we could be contenders for years. Im looking towards the long term. Anyone think Brooking could coach after he's done?

JediFalcon (12/9/2007)
I think Brooking needs to be a coach.

we already have van gorder as a LB coach, and he is just like petrino, a Hard A.

next year we are going to have a Lineup Boley Taylor Nicholas, and if we get Dorsey anderson dorsey lewis abraham

Boley Taylor Nicholas

thats a Sick front 7 on D.

GEORGIAfan (12/10/2007)
JediFalcon (12/9/2007)
I think Brooking needs to be a coach.

we already have van gorder as a LB coach, and he is just like petrino, a Hard A.

next year we are going to have a Lineup Boley Taylor Nicholas, and if we get Dorsey anderson dorsey lewis abraham

Boley Taylor Nicholas

thats a Sick front 7 on D.

You're assuming that Tony Taylor can be a starting MLB in the NFL. I don't know about him yet.

Montford (12/10/2007)
Brooking is our Bruschi. I think he has considerable clout in determining how long he is starting here. Could you even Imagine the headline "Brooking released by Falcons, does loyalty not exsist?"

I am the first one to stand in the loyalty line. But this league isn't driven by that. It can't be. If it were, one could imagine where guys like Joe Montana, Junior Seau, Jerry Rice, etc. would have finished their careers. I'm only saying, there have been much more shocking moves in the recent past than a potential Atlanta release/trade of Keith Brooking.

socalfalconfan (12/10/2007)
Montford (12/10/2007)
Brooking is our Bruschi. I think he has considerable clout in determining how long he is starting here. Could you even Imagine the headline "Brooking released by Falcons, does loyalty not exsist?"

I am the first one to stand in the loyalty line. But this league isn't driven by that. It can't be. If it were, one could imagine where guys like Joe Montana, Junior Seau, Jerry Rice, etc. would have finished their careers. I'm only saying, there have been much more shocking moves in the recent past than a potential Atlanta release/trade of Keith Brooking.

I see where your coming from. Your right about that.

Brooking makes too much, has lost a step and has to go.

Hall wants out, we cannot afford to pay him 80M. Trade him now for a #1 pick and a starter which could be a rb or tackle.

No team wanted Leftwich when we signed him. Take him to camp since he's under contract before cutting him, and I think we will.

Dunn's contract makes him a cap casualty.

vafalconfan (12/10/2007)
Brooking makes too much, has lost a step and has to go.

Hall wants out, we cannot afford to pay him 80M. Trade him now for a #1 pick and a starter which could be a rb or tackle.

No team wanted Leftwich when we signed him. Take him to camp since he's under contract before cutting him, and I think we will.

Dunn's contract makes him a cap casualty.

Hall doesnt want out. he said he wants to stay, and he hasnt said anything about anything.