Another cat of mine has passed away....

Ethanga62890

Loose dogs again, it took 3 fists to pry the dog loose from my oldest cat (15 years). no external wound but the surgery which gave her about a 1:2 chance to live cost 2500 dollars and i just simply dont have the money, we opted to put her to sleep and avoid her suffering. She has been a part of my family for 15 years, always greeting us at the door every day and sleeping with us and playing even in her later years. She was a part of my life growing up. i just wanted to share :(

Ethanga62890 (12/9/2007)
Loose dogs again, it took 3 fists to pry the dog loose from my oldest cat (15 years). no external wound but the surgery which gave her about a 1:2 chance to live cost 2500 dollars and i just simply dont have the money, we opted to put her to sleep and avoid her suffering. She has been a part of my family for 15 years, always greeting us at the door every day and sleeping with us and playing even in her later years. She was a part of my life growing up. i just wanted to share :(

Sorry about your loss man. Keep your head up.

Ethanga62890 (12/9/2007)

That's hard, man. I'm sorry for your loss.

Ethanga62890 (12/9/2007)

So sorry for your loss, these "it was only dogs" folks on here just don't get how much a part of the family pets become. I lost a cat about two years ago, he died pretty awful as well, but nothing compared to what you described. I'm sorry again.

dirtybirdsdance (12/10/2007)
Dont blame the pet, blame the owner.......
Well, i don't think it's the owner. I've been friends with them. I don't blame the dog either really. It's just their natural instinct to hunt small quick animals. As sad as i may be i can't place blame on anyone (maybe the owner for letting them get loose) Thank you everyone for your thoughts, it made me feel a bit better.