For the love of football, will somebody besides Philly punch these New England receivers in the mouth at the line of scrimmage.

southga08

Randy Moss's biggest weakness is getting off of press coverage. You can pretty much do anything you want to the receiver within 5 yards of the LOS. Please will somebody walk your corners in the face of Moss and Stallworth and not let them off the line. Keep your safeties back deep so when they do release they won't kill you on a big play. Play mostly nickle and dime defense to help with coverage of Welker and the backs out of the backfield. Playing press coverage on the receivers also allows your defensive linemen to get more time to rush the QB, since the QB is having to wait an extra 2 seconds for his recievers to get into their routes. I have been watching New England play all year and the only team that has done anything close to this is Philly. In that game Moss had his worst day of the season and Philly almost won with its backup QB. Sometimes coaches outthink themselves. This is the perfect defense for New England. It doesn't work well against teams that run the ball a lot, but is great for pass defense. I just makes me mad when I see these corners letting the Patriots receivers get free releases off of the ball every play. At least give yourself a puncher's chance.

Sounds simple, but that would work for the 1st qtr. Then Brady will have Welker line up in the slot, leaving him alone on a LB, or line Watson up next to Moss(decoy) and run ins/outs with Watson or Kyle Brady. Even run some of those infamous Pat screens/wheel routes. Then your going to have Wes/Ben with the ridiculous stats. They will take hat you give them, and pick you apart. I'm telling you, with this team it's kind of like " pick your poison". With Billy B's brain child Tom Brady out there.. wow. Belichik throw every look in the book at Brady in practice. This is by far the best coached team in the league. Your best bet is to blitz hard and blitz often from different angles to try to confuse Brady into throwing a pick.

It work for more than one quarter. It would work until the Patriots actually started running the ball. Since I would be in nickle and dime defenses a lot, Welker would always have a cornerback lined up on him. The key would be to stop the run with nickle and dime defenses, because that would be what the Patriots would eventually have to do. Philly tried to do something like this, but were inconsistent in the defensive calls, and went to often back to their standard defense with 3 linebackers even though the Patriots had thrown it 20 something straight times. If they are going to throw it every play, put as many speed guys on your defense on the field at a time. The Patriots are not playing traditional NFL football no more, but defenses are still lining up and trying to defend them like they are.