Next Falcons QB?

Norwood32

Yeah this is going to be a fun draft year for us. I haven't paid much attention to who is coming out of NCAA, but we're blessed with some good picks.

Hopefully, Vick will have a crisis of conscious and give us back our $20M. That would TOTALLY rule! Can you imagine getting an awesome draft class AND signing some high caliber veterans?

Hey, I can dream right?

zone3lb (12/9/2007)
Dixon

we can get him later in the draft meaning hes going to be cheaper(more money for FA)

we can fill other needs with early round picks (mcfadden aint one of them)

I see what your saying. Getting him in the 3rd round will give us opportunities for some good OL. If we draft Brohm though, he's not really worth a top 5 pick, so do we trade down or do we get Long and then have Brohm fall to our 2nd round pick or trade up. Also there's no need for us to draft McFadden, we have Norwood, and Snelling has showed he can get it done in short yardage situations. Plus a good OL will make any RB look good.

i think we are going to beat the saints and then nobody will be talking about mcfadden anymore. we need to end up picking around 7th anyway because i think we get brohm there and the salary at that slot is more acceptable. unfortunatly i think the rich keep getting richer as the patriots will pick 2nd thanks to the 49ers being as inept at trading draft picks as dan reeves(reggie kelly for 5th pick over all). mcfadden will be a patriot next year. tell em cartman. "MARK MY WORDS!"

Let me chime in with my 2 cents here. IMO we take BPA with our 1st(McFadden/Long) use our two 2nds for OL (if we draft McFadden) and wait and take a chance on Dixon in the 3-4 rounds. We first have to solidify our Oline via FA. This offseason will make/break our draft/'08 season. Bring in some veteran lineman. Along with a Dline stud.

Hench (12/9/2007)
I don't think this board can handle another black QB.

WHAT??????? Maybe YOU couldn't handle another black QB! Never speak for this board as a whole again!!!! Useless it's something worthwhile. That may have been the simplest thing I have read on this board.

Killa (12/9/2007)
Hench (12/9/2007)

WHAT??????? Maybe YOU couldn't handle another black QB! Never speak for this board as a whole again!!!! Useless it's something worthwhile. That may have been the simplest thing I have read on this board.

Another problem with this board. People jumping to their own conclusions about a post and thinking what they think the post meant is right.

skippy (12/9/2007)
zone3lb (12/9/2007)
Dixon

we can get him later in the draft meaning hes going to be cheaper(more money for FA)

Yeah, we would get quality for the money with Dixon!! why not mcffadden?

a draft with McFadden & Dennis Dixon would be HUGE for this franchise.

in McFadden & Dixon are both leaders, high character guys & the dome will fill back up so quickly it will make our heads spin..

obviously the offensive line must be fixed for drafting anyone on offense to make sense.

Hench (12/9/2007)
Killa (12/9/2007)
Hench (12/9/2007)

Another problem with this board. People jumping to their own conclusions about a post and thinking what they think the post meant is right.

you said it bro. Dont name race, unless your ready to take the flames. I COULD CARELESS IF HE IS BLACK WHITE ASAIN OR HISPANIC. Vick WAS JUST STUPID. WE HAVE STUPID BLACK WHITE AND HISPANIC PEOPLE. Stupid is not just in 1 race. hispanic people have ##### fights, and white people have dog fights also. it is not based on race.

zone3lb (12/9/2007)
Dixon

if we were a smart franchise this is what we would do..

knowing Rich McKay we will probably take Brohm & give him the highest rookie contract ever.

then draft a bunch of nonsense the rest of the draft with little focus on the o-line.

norwood32 (12/9/2007)
zone3lb (12/9/2007)
Dixon

I see what your saying. Getting him in the 3rd round will give us opportunities for some good OL. If we draft Brohm though, he's not really worth a top 5 pick, so do we trade down or do we get Long and then have Brohm fall to our 2nd round pick or trade up. Also there's no need for us to draft McFadden, we have Norwood, and Snelling has showed he can get it done in short yardage situations. Plus a good OL will make any RB look good.

Brohm wont get past the first, he is super safe to the scouts.

The Bears, Panthers etc need a QB & will blow there 1st on Brohm

I feel very strongly about McFadden if he is there but If we trade down & grab a CLady & Baker or Clady & J. Stewart & then Dixon in the late 2nd/3rd I would be more than happy