Lawyer Milloy and his future with the Falcons

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about Milloy being a Falcon in the future.

Pros to keeping Milloy that I can think of:

Veteran leadership- he plays his ##### off and expects everyone else to do the same

Blitzing, tackling, run defense skills

Ability to make big stops on crucial downs

Durability- I don't remember him missing a game since becoming a Falcon

Cons:

His age, especially if we are looking to go younger

While our pass defense has been pretty good as a team, I think Milloy is the weakest spot in pass coverage. At times he has been solid in coverage, but I've never been impressed with his ball skills.

Personally, I would like to hold on to him for the moment. He has been a heck of a leader on this team and it seems to me that he holds everyone around him accountable for their mistakes. I think he has an uncanny ability to make huge stops for us, and he seems to pump up everyone around him. Thoughts on the future of our SS?

I don't think HE wants to be here. I just read an article on yahoosports about how he is really dissapointed. He came here because it looked like we were gonna be winners, and now we're rebuilding. He's 34 and can't afford to sit through rebuilding years if he wants another ring.

Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Alha...ov=ap&type=lgns

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/200...4715838-ap.html

dyoshot (12/9/2007)
Lawyer Milloy is far from being the worst in our secondary as long as Lewis Sanders and Chris Crocker are still wearing Falcons uniforms.

i really like lawyer alot...but on pass plays...yes he is....and dude lewis sanders dont start....and Crocker has been really good this year.....i think the falcons shoukld do the right thing abd let him go to a championship contender......

What happened to all of the Chris Crocker love? When we signed him everyone was thrilled. I got flamed when I told you people that my friend in Cleveland told me the fans there called him Chris Crock of XXXX. I told you all Crocker sucked. I told you all Vick wasn't very good. I told you all he would get indicted. I told you that Vick smoked weed. I told you all Jamaal wouldn't get any sacks and was a bust. Darth Troll is always right.

atljbo (12/9/2007)
dyoshot (12/9/2007)
Lawyer Milloy is far from being the worst in our secondary as long as Lewis Sanders and Chris Crocker are still wearing Falcons uniforms.

i really like lawyer alot...but on pass plays...yes he is....and dude lewis sanders dont start....and Crocker has been really good this year.....i think the falcons shoukld do the right thing abd let him go to a championship contender......

He is not that bad in coverage. For every good play Crocker makes he makes 2 bad ones. We need to look at a real FS in the draft. Also, there is a reason Lewis Sanders doesn't start. You saw what happened when he came in during the Rams game. When Sanders is out there, it is the same as having no corner at all.

With all that said, I agree that we should let Milloy walk if he is asking the FO for a release. He shouldn't have to sit through a complete and total overhaul of this team.

I am sure that now looking back Milloy is wishing he was in his hometown of Seattle rather than Atlanta.

But if he is willing to stay I would like to still have him. We have alot bigger problems on this team than Milloy and if we can keep a guy that does it the right way then that's a benefit.

dyoshot (12/9/2007)
I totally agree. Lawyer Milloy is the ONLY bright spot in our secondary. I hope he stays, but I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere. I appreciate his contribution to this team. He's been fun to watch in a Falcon's uniform.

cwell1 (12/9/2007)
Crocker has made alot of plays this year..........at NICKEL BACK not FS
Actually, he's been burned more at nickel-back more than FS. I don't know what games you've been watching.

Bottom Line: we need help in out defensive secondary. Vilifing Crocker for filling in at CB is not going to help anything.

Would you prefer Rossum at CB?

DARK HELMET (12/9/2007)
What happened to all of the Chris Crocker love? When we signed him everyone was thrilled. I got flamed when I told you people that my friend in Cleveland told me the fans there called him Chris Crock of XXXX. I told you all Crocker sucked. I told you all Vick wasn't very good. I told you all he would get indicted. I told you that Vick smoked weed. I told you all Jamaal wouldn't get any sacks and was a bust. Darth Troll is always right.

Yeah you also told us that the 49ers was going to the Super Bowl this year. Well so much for Darth Troll is always right.

bloodhoundz864 (12/9/2007)
DARK HELMET (12/9/2007)

Yeah you also told us that the 49ers was going to the Super Bowl this year. Well so much for Darth Troll is always right.

:laugh:

Cooter (12/9/2007)
cwell1 (12/9/2007)
Crocker has made alot of plays this year..........at NICKEL BACK not FS
Actually, he's been burned more at nickel-back more than FS. I don't know what games you've been watching.

Bottom Line: we need help in out defensive secondary. Vilifing Crocker for filling in at CB is not going to help anything.

Would you prefer Rossum at CB?

he has been beat but most of his big plays this year were at nickelback.I never said he hasn't been beat,I said he hasn't really been that great at FS,his plays are at nickel.