Patrick Kerney

IrishDart24

falconsd56 (12/9/2007)
im just saying that great for him, but he is/was/will not be worth nearly 20 million dollars in guaranteed money. The better he does the better compensatory pick we get so I hope he hits 20 sacks.

Im just saying i agree with you 100%......we can end up with a 3rd and a 6 rounder for kearny.....im just saying

Even though I was furious when we picked Jamal, I would not have been happy if we paid Patrick Kerney all of that money. We have more than our share of aging players with big contracts. Also, the Seahawks have a much better defensive line than ours, which helps Kerney's numbers as well.

Who knows what he would've done here with almost no help at either DT position. So when I see all these crazy numbers from Kerney, all I can hope for is him to keep it going. The more he tears it up, the more he guarantees us an extra 3rd round pick.

Yeah, I was just saying that it's good for him that he's back to top form again. 12.5 sacks is awesome. Thats a good year.. with a few games left.

I always loved Kerney, one of my favorite falcons, but after this whole debacle involving "he-who-shall-not-be-named" and what it did to our year, I'm glad we're not paying Kerney to sit back through some rebuilding years.

And in response to the issue of him not doing so good with no help at DT, if we had Kerney still, we would have drafted someone else, not JA. More likely someone like Okoye.

But... lets be clear, I am happy about our comp picks. Kerney is gonna be a pro bowler this year, and JA will be a probowler in the future.

IrishDart24 (12/9/2007)
Yeah, I was just saying that it's good for him that he's back to top form again. 12.5 sacks is awesome. Thats a good year.. with a few games left.

I always loved Kerney, one of my favorite falcons, but after this whole debacle involving "he-who-shall-not-be-named" and what it did to our year, I'm glad we're not paying Kerney to sit back through some rebuilding years.

And in response to the issue of him not doing so good with no help at DT, if we had Kerney still, we would have drafted someone else, not JA. More likely someone like Okoye.

But... lets be clear, I am happy about our comp picks. Kerney is gonna be a pro bowler this year, and JA will be a probowler in the future.

We don't know that. Keep in mind we still had Rod Coleman, Babineaux, and Grady. I saw numerous articles of them talking about how much they liked Babineaux. If we still had Kerney I really think they would've made the smarter pick of Patrick Willis, but that's just my opinion.

just got another sack... he definitely would have helped us this year no matter what anyone says... now he's leading the league in sacks... who wouldnt want that on the team... true next year he may be a bum or the next but the here and now that would be huge for our defense and creating opportunities .

I was terribly upset when we let Kerney go. People say, "don't pay him" but you pay the established pro-bowl leaders on your team.

We watched Kerney grow up and when he did we let him go and replaced him with another pick that we have to wait on. It doesn't make sense to let an established player go and then make a spot on your team that wasn't a problem into a problem.

If we draft Kerney we very well may have gone for Okoye or Willis which would have improved this defense either way.

falconsd56 (12/9/2007)
im just saying that great for him, but he is/was/will not be worth nearly 20 million dollars in guaranteed money. The better he does the better compensatory pick we get so I hope he hits 20 sacks.
Yeah, bottom line: Kerney needed to move on to a team where he could complement an established defensive line. Patrick deserves his salary in Seattle. He's an amazing DE. But face it, he was not the answer we needed. Unfortuantely, we STILL haven't found the answer, but best wishes to Patrick Kerney with the Seahawks. I hope he gets a Superbowl ring with them this season.

It would be the only reason I would have to watch the Superbowl.

atljbo (12/9/2007)
Im just saying....3rd round pick.....and Im just saying ...i have seen a team get 2 picks for a probowl player.....IM REALLY JUST SAYING

Thats awesome news, in every thread about Kerney I've said vote him for the Pro Bowl - I thought this would make sure of 3rd rounder, but getting another pick would be fantastic.

I loved Pat here, but he would have a good year every three years or so, not consitant enough.

I will laugh and bump all these threads next year if he gets 3 or 4 sacks!!

Goodoleboy58 (12/9/2007)
just got another sack... he definitely would have helped us this year no matter what anyone says... now he's leading the league in sacks... who wouldnt want that on the team... true next year he may be a bum or the next but the here and now that would be huge for our defense and creating opportunities .

he is having a career season.......but I can't say that would or wouldn't have happened here.....I mean, it didn't the past two seasons.