75 degrees in December, God I can't wait to move

Headshot

falconskill (12/9/2007)
Ummm.. Its not Winter yet. You do realize that right? :cool:

Yes, I realize it's not TECHNICALLY the season of Winter yet, but it is December, which I will always equate with Winter.

Even if it's not Winter time, 75 degrees in December is stupid.

Hate to break it to you but maybe "your not from round these parts" almost every single year December has a warm spell. Most years its a chance to get out the boat for one last time and is why I tend to remember warm spells in December. Cant really get the boat out right now though. So I dont know what to tell ya. Maybe its global warming that Bush caused huh? :w00t:

etifan (12/9/2007)
I'm in the midwest, and will HAPPILY trade places with you. We currently have an ice advisory. Yesterday it took me nearly two hours to drive 56 miles.
I couldn't get my car out of my driveway this morning. The 3 degree slope and inch of solid ice was too much.

Unfortunately, I can sympathize. I just talked with my cousin in Chicago; I know you have it worse up there than I do. After yesterday, I gave up on going anywhere today. It's bad when the salt trucks drive by once per hour.

Making necklaces on the beach in Negril for a living is looking better and better...I also mix a mean rum punch...

Headshot (12/9/2007)
I'm looking heavily at moving to North Carolina or Colorado, where they actually have a winter...it's going to be awesome.

Have fun. I was in Colorado the last 3 days and I'll be glad I if I don't see snow in Atlanta all year. You can enjoy shoveling snow and driving on ice while I eat at outdoor patio restaurants like I did tonight. In short sleeves.

Yeah, I will gladly trade places with you guys who like warm weather. I hate the summer time in the south. There isn't anything more disgusting and miserable than suffering a heat stroke while checking the mail.

I've lived in Florida and Georgia all my life, but never loved any place more than Indiana when we visited for Christmas. Snowmobiles, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, sledding...there's nothing like it during the winter. I've loved the ice and snow and cold weather ever since I was a kid and always dreamed of moving to Indiana or Colorado when I got old enough to. That time has almost come :). I give it 2-3 years before I have my home in the mountains of Colorado...but for now I guess I'll have to suffer for not seeing snow until then.

etifan (12/9/2007)
Unfortunately, I can sympathize. I just talked with my cousin in Chicago; I know you have it worse up there than I do. After yesterday, I gave up on going anywhere today. It's bad when the salt trucks drive by once per hour.

Making necklaces on the beach in Negril for a living is looking better and better...I also mix a mean rum punch...

Sounds awesome, man I LOVE Jamaica!