Falcons Pro Bowlers

bird

I think there are three realistic candidates, and that's about it...

1. Michael Boley - He's having a huge year, and he's clearly the MVP of our team this season. Obviously his relative obscurity hurts him, but his exposure on prime time this year (Thanksgiving and the two Monday Nighters) will help that. I can see him being added as a coaches' pick or even an injury replacement. He's definitely deserving. I give hime about a 60% chance.

2. DeAngelo Hall - It's all about reputation, but does DeAngelo have enough support of opposing players? I mean, every week he runs his mouth, and I'd have to think players around the league are growing weary of it. I give him about a 20% chance.

3. Roddy White - Yes, the same Roddy White that couldn't catch a cold his first two years here has a legitimate chance to make the Pro Bowl. After T.O. and either Driver or Jennings in Green Bay, who are the other NFC receivers? Not many are having the year White is having, and he's doing it with a very chaotic quarterback situation. I give Roddy about a 40% chance.

That's about it... I really don't see anyone else having a shot... Thoughts?

I think it will be Deangelo and MAYBE Boley. Boley certainly deserves to go, but it depends on whether enough people realize how good he has been this year.

I really don't see anyone else being selected...

ebonymonk (12/9/2007)
I think Boley goes.

I'm not so sure. I don't think Boley has enough hype to go to pro bowl. I think there are 3 OLB's going to the pro bowl, and in my mind DeMarcus Ware and Julian Peterson have locked up 2 out of the 3 slots. Boley could go as the 3rd OLB. But he sure does deserve to go to pro bowl.

I'm pretty sure Hall will go.

Pro Bowl Selections... lol... perhaps we should consider changing the name to... Popularity Contest Winners! If your have been there before, and have had a "good" year, your a practical shoe in. For those others who haven't had the luxury or doing their Aloha dance, much much tougher to make your mark. Unless he have had a break out year at one of the skill positions(courtesy of the Fantasy Fanatics). On the opposite side of the ball (D) it is nearly impossible to get the credit you deserve with out having the ridiculous tackle/sacks/TFL stats that wow the voters.

But whatever.... my picks include: Boley,Hall,White

I think Boley if he has a big game monday night will make it, it has to be a game like he had against the colts though.

Like wise for White

Abe I think has an outside shot with a big ( like 3 sack) game, that will put him up at 10 for the year and I think 10+ is enough to get in.

White, Abe, Boley, and Hall have the best chance and with big games on Monday I think that will seal it for any of them.

I think the only one that has a good chance of going is DeAngelo Hall. Michael Boley is probably the most deserving player on our team, but the common NFL fan probably couldn't tell you what position he played. White has no chance unless he really picks it up. Abe may be able to squeeze in with a couple dominant games.

Due to the fact that Pro-Bowlers are selected by fans, some deserving players will always be overlooked and some overrated players will be selected. I think Abraham has had a solid year, but he has tailed off recently in my opinion. However, I think that because he is a fan favorite, he will be selected. In my mind, Hall and Boley both deserve to go, but I think of the two only Hall is a lock. White has an outside chance, but I don't know how many people around the league are aware of him. I also think Koenen has a pretty good shot. It always makes me mad to see hyped up players who really aren't that great get in because they're fan favorites (watch Reggie Bush and Vince Young make the Pro-Bowl).

bird (12/9/2007)

1. Michael Boley - He's having a huge year, and he's clearly the MVP of our team this season. Obviously his relative obscurity hurts him, but his exposure on prime time this year (Thanksgiving and the two Monday Nighters) will help that. I can see him being added as a coaches' pick or even an injury replacement. He's definitely deserving. I give hime about a 60% chance.

2. DeAngelo Hall - It's all about reputation, but does DeAngelo have enough support of opposing players? I mean, every week he runs his mouth, and I'd have to think players around the league are growing weary of it. I give him about a 20% chance.

3. Roddy White - Yes, the same Roddy White that couldn't catch a cold his first two years here has a legitimate chance to make the Pro Bowl. After T.O. and either Driver or Jennings in Green Bay, who are the other NFC receivers? Not many are having the year White is having, and he's doing it with a very chaotic quarterback situation. I give Roddy about a 40% chance.

I dont know if Boley will get there this yr because no one really knows him..

DeAngelo will get there, he has had a good year & is one of the top corners in the game

Id take T.O, Driver, Jennings, Colston, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith & Galloway before Id take Roddy.

As weird as it is we have 6 people in genuine contention for a pro bowl spot. That's not to say they'll get in (realistically we'll probably get one) but here they are;

Michael Boley - extremely impressive this year, and an OLB who can do it all. He's played to a pro bowl level this year

DeAngelo Hall - ignoring the tantrums, he's actually been twice the player he was last year where he made the pro bowl.

John Abraham - he's stayed healthy and been the only component of our o-line pressuring the QB

Roddy White - besides the underused Norwood, the only explosive offensive talent we have. He wont make the bowl because there have been more consistent guys out there, but he deserves consideration

Michael Koenen - has been extremely consistent

Ovie Mughelli - surprised no one has mentioned him, he has been the best blocking full back in the league by a long way. Game analysis proves it ... but he'll probably lose out on the hype factor

I think DeAngelo makes it. Boley/ Ovie deserve to make it more but i think they lack name value and will struggle.

Next year, with a bigger line back, Ovie will get the press he deserves

bird (12/9/2007)

Joey Galloway ring a bell?How about plaxico Burress?Roy Williams?Fitzgerald?Curtis in philly?Umm,Steve Smith!40% chance half the time maybe.

draftjunky (12/9/2007)
bird (12/9/2007)

Joey Galloway ring a bell?How about plaxico Burress?Roy Williams?Fitzgerald?Curtis in philly?Umm,Steve Smith!40% chance half the time maybe.

These people saying Roddy has a shot at the Pro-Bowl obviously haven't paid any attention to the other 15 NFC teams. If you can't think of 3 WRs better than Roddy this season you aren't trying.

Now the real question is after Plax declines due to injury and other guys bow out on injury could Roddy get in. He has an outside shot at being an alternate.

btrain5489 (12/9/2007)
draftjunky (12/9/2007)
bTrain,you quoted me to prove my point?:P

I was agreeing with you.

I think this Roddy in Hawaii talk is just flat out nonsense. He's having a good year for Roddy White and a good year for a Falcons WR but good year for a NFL/NFC WR? Umm not so much.

Yes sir,I like roddy.Hes really moved up this year.He is the best wr on the team it will take more time to do better than that.

Roddy is having a good year and it would be nice to see him in the pro bowl as a falcons fan. Its possible he gets voted in. I also like Michael Boley to get in. I think Deangelo is a lock, he is considered a lock down corner and is having a breakout year. So Roddy is a bit of a stretch, Boley has decent shot, and Hall is a lock IMO