A serious discussion about preseason top 5 next year.. Nothing easy about it..

After watching college football now and college football live and bcs breakdown, it's clear to me there are about 5 teams that i have seen time and time again mentioned about top 5 for next season.. as in possibilities..

Oklahoma could very well be the #1 overall next season if they end the season with a solid win over west virginia. That has been a theme on almost all those shows when discussing next year.

The other candidates for the top 5:

Ohio State - If they win the NC and they return a bunch from this season they could also be #1 overall.

USC - They may be replacing their qb in booty, but they will bring back a bunch on defense which is very very good and they will return all their skill guys. Not #1, but top 5 possibility.

West Virginia - Another team who could be affected by their bowl game and where they end up next season. If they surprise and beat oklahoma a top 5 preseason ranking could happen if their important pieces comeback.

UGA - If they beat hawaii convincingly they will be a top 5 preseason pick. Not #1 overall, but #4, #5.. UGA returns 17 starters.

Florida - Another possibility. They have the hype and young defense will be more experienced. They also return almost all their starters.

One thing is certain all the bowl games these guys are in will really set them up for a preseason top 5 and also possible early departures to the nfl.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching college football now and college football live and bcs breakdown, it's clear to me there are about 5 teams that i have seen time and time again mentioned about top 5 for next season.. as in possibilities..

Oklahoma could very well be the #1 overall next season if they end the season with a solid win over west virginia. That has been a theme on almost all those shows when discussing next year.

Ohio State - If they win the NC and they return a bunch from this season they could also be #1 overall.

USC - They may be replacing their qb in booty, but they will bring back a bunch on defense which is very very good and they will return all their skill guys. Not #1, but top 5 possibility.

West Virginia - Another team who could be affected by their bowl game and where they end up next season. If they surprise and beat oklahoma a top 5 preseason ranking could happen if their important pieces comeback.

UGA - If they beat hawaii convincingly they will be a top 5 preseason pick. Not #1 overall, but #4, #5.. UGA returns 17 starters.

Florida - Another possibility. They have the hype and young defense will be more experienced. They also return almost all their starters.

One thing is certain all the bowl games these guys are in will really set them up for a preseason top 5 and also possible early departures to the nfl.

Personally...with the hype and media lust that UGA continues to bask in, I believe that if UGA defeats Hawaii by more than a TD, they'll be sure fire preseason top 5...and with the return of Moreno and to a lesser extent, Stafford, they'll be a serious contender for preseason No 1. Of course, the winner of the LSU/Ohio State guame will also be a serious contender for No 1 too...Sure LSU is losing several big time players, but that program's backups are battle tested, and Perriloux will be a well received starter next season...Obviously UF has a great shot of being top and possibly No 1 too...Tebow and Harvin make all things possible. WVU's chances of being preseason top 5 have more to do with the return of White and Slaton, and less to do with their bowl game. If both White and Slaton return, they'll be a top 5 team. OU has a solid corp of returners, and a boatload of hype...as does Ohio State and Va Tech...USC is the one team I'm unsure of...they've got the talent, but I think their preseason standings next season will be based in large part on who their starting QB is...if it's Mustain, than I'd say they're a serious contender for No 1...if it's Sanchez, than I'm not sure they'll even be top 5...;)

Ton80Kid (12/9/2007)

Personally...with the hype and media lust that UGA continues to bask in, I believe that if UGA defeats Hawaii by more than a TD, they'll be sure fire preseason top 5...and with the return of Moreno and to a lesser extent, Stafford, they'll be a serious contender for preseason No 1. Of course, the winner of the LSU/Ohio State guame will also be a serious contender for No 1 too...Sure LSU is losing several big time players, but that program's backups are battle tested, and Perriloux will be a well received starter next season...Obviously UF has a great shot of being top and possibly No 1 too...Tebow and Harvin make all things possible. WVU's chances of being preseason top 5 have more to do with the return of White and Slaton, and less to do with their bowl game. If both White and Slaton return, they'll be a top 5 team. OU has a solid corp of returners, and a boatload of hype...as does Ohio State and Va Tech...USC is the one team I'm unsure of...they've got the talent, but I think their preseason standings next season will be based in large part on who their starting QB is...if it's Mustain, than I'd say they're a serious contender for No 1...if it's Sanchez, than I'm not sure they'll even be top 5...;)

hype and media?!?!?! please show me. UF is basking in the tebow love fest. i swear he could have been 3-9, and still won the heisman.

I love how for USC, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and UGA it's 'if they have a good showing and win their bowl game and return some key starters, they have a good case for being #1" and then for Florida it's "They have the hype."

Yeah, no bias opinion there :rolleyes:

But I wouldn't expect much else from a Georgia fan

Headshot (12/9/2007)
I love how for USC, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and UGA it's 'if they have a good showing and win their bowl game and return some key starters, they have a good case for being #1" and then for Florida it's "They have the hype."

lets see USC bcs bowl OU bcs bowl WVU bcs Bowl, UGA bcs bowl. UF bc.... wait. non BCS bowl.

gator logic:rolleyes:

WVU i doubt will be top 5, because they lose slaton, and mayb white. USC is actually a pretty good team, and thier back qb is not half bad, but UF is not a BCS team, and they make the top 5.

Why complain. you team hypes its way into the top 5, and your QB gets hyped into the criesman away. if Tebow didnt get as much as hype as he did, then he wouldnt be the Criesman winner.

Headshot (12/9/2007)

Show the bias? It's pretty true what was said.. florida with a very questionable defense always has the hype. It comes from winning last year and from tebow and harvin. You don't like it you don't have to, but they have been more hype that substance this year. I can see hyping the offense, but not the entire team. you had a team that was preseason #6 and #4 in week 2.. and now are #12 in the bcs and yet with the hype you would think they were a top 5 bcs team on a 6 game winning streak. with hype around uf you would actually think they would be in a bcs bowl game.. oh wait.. Whether they win their bowl game or not they will have the hype as this did coming into this season.. while teams like uga start off preseason #13 in the country only to work their tails off and earn so far a top 5 bcs ranking..

also all the teams you mentioned will be helped a lot with big bowl wins since they are in bcs bowl games and will have much more exposure nationally and that does mean a lot regarding next season and preseason rankings.. you don't think uf's strong showing in last year's title game has anything to do with their preseason ranking? a team that was losing their starting qb and almost their entire d being a top 6 team in the preseason has all to do with what happened the previous year. By the way in the past 10 years, florida is one of the most overrated teams based on where they start the season and where they end up.. i got linkies to prove it.. :) one more thing however tennessee is the 2nd most overrated team in the last 10 years.. lol

GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)

lets see USC bcs bowl OU bcs bowl WVU bcs Bowl, UGA bcs bowl. UF bc.... wait. non BCS bowl.

WVU i doubt will be top 5, because they lose slaton, and mayb white. USC is actually a pretty good team, and thier back qb is not half bad, but UF is not a BCS team, and they make the top 5.

Why complain. you team hypes its way into the top 5, and your QB gets hyped into the criesman away. if Tebow didnt get as much as hype as he did, then he wouldnt be the Criesman winner.

First off, you do realize that the Heisman is an individual award, not a team award...so record of the team really shouldn't be the main consideration...it can be a factor, but ultimately the player's performance, against formidable opponents really should be the primary factor. As much as I dislike UF, even I see what Tebow did this season as amazing...of course, it wasn't more amazing than UGAG's lovefest by the media....

UGAG, with losses to, not 1, but 2 unranked teams, and still their name got tossed around in the NC game discussion...and you don't think that they're getting a ridiculous amount of media love? They not only failed to win the SEC title...they failed to win their division in the SEC...and still they were top 4 going into last weekend...and you fail to see the media hypefest that UGAG gets? Now that's UGAG logic...:P ;)

And for the record, Mark Sanchez sucks...he's the biggest reason why it's LSU and not USC in the title game...he led the condoms to, not 1, but 2 losses while Booty was out...if he's the starter next season, than USC's defense and RBs had better be ready to bail him out early and often...:P

I think Florida is going to be preseason #1 or #2, personally. The media is absolutely dognuts in love with Tebow... and honestly, Florida is returning a very good team and one with the addition of a true feature RB. I think it's between Florida and USC for #1.

I don't think LSU or OSU will be preseason top 5, personally... the only other SEC team I see possibly being preseason top 5 is UGA, even though LSU should be coming back out with another tough team. OSU is losing a lot of starters, as well... and the only really notables are Chris Wells and Brian Robiskie.

Also, the only way West Virginia is preseason top 5 is if Pat White comes back... which he should, because he doesn't have anything going for him in terms of draft stock. I don't think much really depends on Slaton as far as where they are sitting... cuz they've still got Noel Devine.

If I had to take a stab at it now, I'd say...

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. UGA

5. WVU or Virginia Tech

Ton80Kid (12/9/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)

lets see USC bcs bowl OU bcs bowl WVU bcs Bowl, UGA bcs bowl. UF bc.... wait. non BCS bowl. gator logic:rolleyes:

First off, you do realize that the Heisman is an individual award, not a team award...so record of the team really shouldn't be the main consideration...it can be a factor, but ultimately the player's performance, against formidable opponents really should be the primary factor. As much as I dislike UF, even I see what Tebow did this season as amazing...of course, it wasn't more amazing than UGAG's lovefest by the media....

UGAG, with losses to, not 1, but 2 unranked teams, and still their name got tossed around in the NC game discussion...and you don't think that they're getting a ridiculous amount of media love? They not only failed to win the SEC title...they failed to win their division in the SEC...and still they were top 4 going into last weekend...and you fail to see the media hypefest that UGAG gets? Now that's UGAG logic...:P ;)

And for the record, Mark Sanchez sucks...he's the biggest reason why it's LSU and not USC in the title game...he led the condoms to, not 1, but 2 losses while Booty was out...if he's the starter next season, than USC's defense and RBs had better be ready to bail him out early and often...:P

Oh please the lovefest for uf was pathetic.. and it wasn't warranted at all.. you had idiots in the media saying they were the best 2 loss team ever.. and then the best 3 loss team.. LOL it was obvious their preseason hype was just that hype and uga's media attention was well deserved.. You seem to love to forget what uga has accomplished.. the best winning streak of any bcs team and beating how many ranked teams in the likes of florida, auburn, kentucky in convincing fashion.. and you know very well the team that ended the season was not the team that started it, but of course that would require you to actually know what is going on regarding uga football and understand the concept of true freshman and redshirt freshman staring their first season. oh yeah the 5th youngest team in college football grew up and we saw how great the talent was on this team. a ut team that got blown out in 3 games and a fan of a team who has been the most overrated team (actually 2nd most) in the past 10 years really has no room to talk about hype another team is getting..

regarding sanchez it's really hard to see how a guy will be after just a few starts.. if you went by that then ainge should have been benched a few years ago when he was pathetic in a number of starts he had in his 2nd year.. by the way that's 2nd grade level humor.. ugag? oh please.. i mean seriously do you actually think that is a putdown to uga? showing you can't figure out how to spell a word..

Carter (12/9/2007)
I think Florida is going to be preseason #1 or #2, personally. The media is absolutely dognuts in love with Tebow... and honestly, Florida is returning a very good team and one with the addition of a true feature RB. I think it's between Florida and USC for #1.

I don't think LSU or OSU will be preseason top 5, personally... the only other SEC team I see possibly being preseason top 5 is UGA, even though LSU should be coming back out with another tough team. OSU is losing a lot of starters, as well... and the only really notables are Chris Wells and Brian Robiskie.

Also, the only way West Virginia is preseason top 5 is if Pat White comes back... which he should, because he doesn't have anything going for him in terms of draft stock. I don't think much really depends on Slaton as far as where they are sitting... cuz they've still got Noel Devine.

If I had to take a stab at it now, I'd say...

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. UGA

5. WVU or Virginia Tech

Pretty interesting list...I think leaving the winner of the LSU/OSU game off the list is a mistake...and UGA is too low on the list...if they beat Hawaii by more than a TD, I expect them to be No 3 before the season starts...if they win their game, they'll finish in the top 3 guaranteed, in this season's final poll...and given the amount of returners they'll have, they'll be in the top 3 to start next season...Tebow and Harvin definitely make UF a preseason favorite, but that defense has got to play well against Michigan...if it doesn't, they'll be closer to No 5 than No 1...:)

Oh please the lovefest for uf was pathetic.. and it wasn't warranted at all.. you had idiots in the media saying they were the best 2 loss team ever.. and then the best 3 loss team.. LOL it was obvious their preseason hype was just that hype and uga's media attention was well deserved.. You seem to love to forget what uga has accomplished.. the best winning streak of any bcs team and beating how many ranked teams in the likes of florida, auburn, kentucky in convincing fashion.. and you know very well the team that ended the season was not the team that started it, but of course that would require you to actually know what is going on regarding uga football and understand the concept of true freshman and redshirt freshman staring their first season. oh yeah the 5th youngest team in college football grew up and we saw how great the talent was on this team. a ut team that got blown out in 3 games and a fan of a team who has been the most overrated team (actually 2nd most) in the past 10 years really has no room to talk about hype another team is getting..

regarding sanchez it's really hard to see how a guy will be after just a few starts.. if you went by that then ainge should have been benched a few years ago when he was pathetic in a number of starts he had in his 2nd year.. by the way that's 2nd grade level humor.. ugag? oh please.. i mean seriously do you actually think that is a putdown to uga? showing you can't figure out how to spell a word..

Funny how you're suddenly the moral high ground here on the new boards, when you were one of the biggest cheapshot artists on the old boards...but hey, whatever floats your boat. I know all about the team that finished UGAG's season wasn't the same one that started it...trust me...they were overexposed over and over and over and over again on ESPN and most every sports talkshow for the last month. Knowshon is an incredible RB, and guess what...he was there when we stomped a mudhole in the Bulldogs back in October. Brown was too...for part of the game...what I didn't see was this fast, aggressive, great against the run defense...they must have been saving that for Vandy, right?

We can go on and on about how UGA had to "earn" their respect and redemption, but they didn't...you beat the Gators...and that was how you go there. It's funny though how you dog the Gators and being overrated and overhyped, and then use a rare win against that overrated, overhyped team to catapult your way back into the top 10. The rest was easy...teams in front of you simply kept losing, and you guys started playing better ball, or your opponents started playing worse...who knows...in the end, it was typical UGAG luck...top 4 ranking. You were No 18 when you beat No 11 UF, but they were overhyped and overrated, according UGAG nation. Then you beat that powerhouse, Troy, followed by a win at home against No 18 Auburn (after your re-entrance into the top 10), and then a win against No 23, and sliding, UK (UGAG was ranked 9th), and then that strong finish against ubertough, GA Tech, and presto...you guys EARNED a top 4 ranking?

Please...outside of beating a banged up Gator team, exactly what UGAG do that could've possibly been considered worthy of being bumped into the top 4, and NC title discussions? I'll tell you...it was simply Knowshon Moreno. The hype and attention he was getting, made it easy to vote for UGAG...combine his hype and losses from LSU to Arkansas, Ohio State to Wisconsin, overrated Kansas losing to even more overrated Missouri, OU losing to TT, and Oregon, first losing Dixon, and then losing to Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State...and you see easily how UGAG "earned" their way to the top 4, and to unwarranted and undeserved NC hype.

But hey, I'm sure that since you're the "expert" on UGAG, and I'm just simply an outsider looking in, you already knew all of this, didn't you...;)

Ton80Kid (12/9/2007)

Pretty interesting list...I think leaving the winner of the LSU/OSU game off the list is a mistake...and UGA is too low on the list...if they beat Hawaii by more than a TD, I expect them to be No 3 before the season starts...if they win their game, they'll finish in the top 3 guaranteed, in this season's final poll...and given the amount of returners they'll have, they'll be in the top 3 to start next season...Tebow and Harvin definitely make UF a preseason favorite, but that defense has got to play well against Michigan...if it doesn't, they'll be closer to No 5 than No 1...:)

UGA may be #3... I had thought about that, but Oklahoma is also returning a strong team and their freshman QB who was #1 in the nation in passer efficiency is only going to have that much more experience.

I don't think the bowl games are going to have a gigantic effect on their rankings, honestly. USC made Michigan look ********, but Michigan was still there at #5 when the preseason poll came out. Texas had no part of a BCS bowl, but they were #4. Same with West Virginia... and they were #3.

Also, Florida destroyed OSU in the national title game last year... but came in at #6 in preseason because they lost a bunch of starters. LSU and OSU are both losing several starters... I don't think either one will be preseason top 5, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Ton80Kid (12/9/2007)

Funny how you're suddenly the moral high ground here on the new boards, when you were one of the biggest cheapshot artists on the old boards...but hey, whatever floats your boat. I know all about the team that finished UGAG's season wasn't the same one that started it...trust me...they were overexposed over and over and over and over again on ESPN and most every sports talkshow for the last month. Knowshon is an incredible RB, and guess what...he was there when we stomped a mudhole in the Bulldogs back in October. Brown was too...for part of the game...what I didn't see was this fast, aggressive, great against the run defense...they must have been saving that for Vandy, right?

*** what moral high ground? it's a pretty easy comment to understand that's pretty lame to continue using something IMO so freaking childish as if it's something clever. You don't like to hear that is 2nd grade humor then don't like it, but it isn't clever nor is it funny. As I don't think the tebow name calling is funny either. I see that junk on other boards and i have never done that nor would I. I don't really think it adds anything to an discussion. Of course on the national boards it's not as tame as adding a letter to a team name. ;) That's JMO. However as you said whatever floats you boat.. ;)

We can go on and on about how UGA had to "earn" their respect and redemption, but they didn't...you beat the Gators...and that was how you go there. It's funny though how you dog the Gators and being overrated and overhyped, and then use a rare win against that overrated, overhyped team to catapult your way back into the top 10. The rest was easy...teams in front of you simply kept losing, and you guys started playing better ball, or your opponents started playing worse...who knows...in the end, it was typical UGAG luck...top 4 ranking. You were No 18 when you beat No 11 UF, but they were overhyped and overrated, according UGAG nation. Then you beat that powerhouse, Troy, followed by a win at home against No 18 Auburn (after your re-entrance into the top 10), and then a win against No 23, and sliding, UK (UGAG was ranked 9th), and then that strong finish against ubertough, GA Tech, and presto...you guys EARNED a top 4 ranking?

*** Yep uga did earn a top 4 ranking.. They beat ranked teams and did it in great fashion. They are the 5th youngest team in college football and we saw this team grow up throughout the year and was the hottest teams at the end of the season with the nations longest winning streak. Guess what teams will lose? what did uga do? they kept winning and deserved exactly the media coverage they got. They didn't come into the season a top 10 ranked team, but earned it on the field.

Please...outside of beating a banged up Gator team, exactly what UGAG do that could've possibly been considered worthy of being bumped into the top 4, and NC title discussions? I'll tell you...it was simply Knowshon Moreno. The hype and attention he was getting, made it easy to vote for UGAG...combine his hype and losses from LSU to Arkansas, Ohio State to Wisconsin, overrated Kansas losing to even more overrated Missouri, OU losing to TT, and Oregon, first losing Dixon, and then losing to Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State...and you see easily how UGAG "earned" their way to the top 4, and to unwarranted and undeserved NC hype.

*** Yes based on what you said above every team was overrated since every team but 3 have at least 2 losses.. they were 4-0 against top 25 teams when they played them.. they also played 7 bowl teams.. this with 26 freshman getting playing time and a number of sophomores as well..

But hey, I'm sure that since you're the "expert" on UGAG, and I'm just simply an outsider looking in, you already knew all of this, didn't you...;)

*** No you are a biased ut fan who wouldn't give credit to uga if they went undefeated and won every game by 30 points.. ;) I mean it shows you can't even spell the team's name right.

papikaika (12/9/2007)
Indeed next years preseason top 5 does depend on the bowl games this season, but also depends if several key players return for teams possibly in the top 5.

But just for kicks...

#1 Florida

#2 Oklahoma

#3 Ohio State

#4 Georgia

#5 West Virginia

100% right regarding bowl games and returnees.. however some teams can overcome lack of returnees by having big bowl finishes.. like uf this season.

My top 5 for next season:

1. Oklahoma

2. Ohio State

3. Georgia

4. Florida

5. USC

avatar30 (12/9/2007)*** No you are a biased ut fan who wouldn't give credit to uga if they went undefeated and won every game by 30 points.. ;) I mean it shows you can't even spell the team's name right.

That's funny...especially coming from you...especially considering it's an outright lie. I've got no problem with UGAG...(and by the way, it's not a misspelling there genius...the word GEORGIA has 2 Gs...I'm just utilizing both of them. As for clever...well, I'm sorry that it is, and that you hate it so much, because it's true...you want me to stop using it, then stop choking on those undeserved high rankings you're always being gifted...). If they had truly "earned" their spot in the NC discussions, than I'd have been right there praising them...but how do you praise a team that didn't win it's conference, didn't win it's division within its conferece, and got beat by 2 unranked teams (actually got a mudhole stomped in their butt by one of them...for a 2nd year in a row).

How does a team like that truly warrant NC discussions? It doesn't...yet there was UGAG right there, desperately panting away, and then when reality crashed in, and they were denied their undeserved shot, it became a "slight" against them...give us all a break with that tripe.

I know that this is hard for you to understand...but just because I don't agree with you or any other UGA fan regarding the team's perceived "slight" towards the NC game...it doesn't mean that I have a problem with them. I recognize how much talent they're returning next season...I was one of the first ones to proclaim them as a legit candidate for a top 5 preseason ranking in '08...not that it really matters, ultimately. I'm not even really upset that they managed to backdoor a trip to the Sugar Bowl, despite not being able to earn that invite on the field...but when you guys (and by "you guys" I mean ridiculously hypocritical UGA fans) start bellyaching and whining about how you were screwed out of a NC game that you didn't earn, nor deserve to participate in, then I have to shake my head and laugh...but again, if that's what you got to keep telling yourself so you can sleep at night, then go for it...just don't expect not to get called on it. ;) :P

Carter (12/9/2007)

UGA may be #3... I had thought about that, but Oklahoma is also returning a strong team and their freshman QB who was #1 in the nation in passer efficiency is only going to have that much more experience.

I don't think the bowl games are going to have a gigantic effect on their rankings, honestly. USC made Michigan look ********, but Michigan was still there at #5 when the preseason poll came out. Texas had no part of a BCS bowl, but they were #4. Same with West Virginia... and they were #3.

Also, Florida destroyed OSU in the national title game last year... but came in at #6 in preseason because they lost a bunch of starters. LSU and OSU are both losing several starters... I don't think either one will be preseason top 5, regardless of the outcome of the game.

I get what you're saying about the winner of the LSU/OSU game...I just think that LSU, if they were to win, would be returning enogh highly talented players on both offense and defense, to get at top 5 ranking. As for some of your other examples...your right that the bowl outcome didn't affect Michigan, but it was because they were returning virtually every starter from the year before...they're team was too experienced to not be gifted a top 5 ranking...and we all saw how well they came out in the opening week and proved that they deserved it. :D As for OU...they're definitely in the mix for preaseason top 5 and even No 1...but if they lose to WVU, they won't be either, cause WVU will be...and though I think that the Boomer Sooners are a talented bunch, I'm just not sold on their chances of beating WVU, and that awesome ground game of theirs...:crazy:

GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)

Let me get this straight: Tebow does something no other QB in the history of college football and also threw for 3,000 yards while AVERAGING 16 carries a game in the SEC and never missed a game yet won the award based on hype? Either you are just an extreme UGA homer (which is the option I'm believing) or don't know squat about college football and what that actually means.

As for the top 5, if we get it, we get it. I'm more concerned with the season-ending top 5...

If Georgia wins the Sugar Bowl, I think they will be the preseason #1. They are considered to be playing the best ball in the nation, they have both a high profile RB and a high profile QB, and they are bringing everybody back. The only thing that prevents them from being the preseason #1 is a loss to Hawaii.

Peyton (12/9/2007)
If Georgia wins the Sugar Bowl, I think they will be the preseason #1. They are considered to be playing the best ball in the nation, they have both a high profile RB and a high profile QB, and they are bringing everybody back. The only thing that prevents them from being the preseason #1 is a loss to Hawaii.

Yep...those are very valid points...I definitely agree that UGA could be ranked No 1 overall next preseason based on this...

I think we'll see a top 3 of UF,UGA, and Oklahoma but I dont know what order they will fall in. After OSU gets smoked in another NC I dont see them getting any higher than 4th and WVU isn't much to speak of without White so we'll have to see how people vote for them. USC will most likely be in there because they are still very talent rich and have ended the season well.

Ton80Kid (12/9/2007)
avatar30 (12/9/2007)*** No you are a biased ut fan who wouldn't give credit to uga if they went undefeated and won every game by 30 points.. ;) I mean it shows you can't even spell the team's name right.

That's funny...especially coming from you...especially considering it's an outright lie. I've got no problem with UGAG...(and by the way, it's not a misspelling there genius...the word GEORGIA has 2 Gs...I'm just utilizing both of them. As for clever...well, I'm sorry that it is, and that you hate it so much, because it's true...you want me to stop using it, then stop choking on those undeserved high rankings you're always being gifted...). If they had truly "earned" their spot in the NC discussions, than I'd have been right there praising them...but how do you praise a team that didn't win it's conference, didn't win it's division within its conferece, and got beat by 2 unranked teams (actually got a mudhole stomped in their butt by one of them...for a 2nd year in a row).

How does a team like that truly warrant NC discussions? It doesn't...yet there was UGAG right there, desperately panting away, and then when reality crashed in, and they were denied their undeserved shot, it became a "slight" against them...give us all a break with that tripe.

I know that this is hard for you to understand...but just because I don't agree with you or any other UGA fan regarding the team's perceived "slight" towards the NC game...it doesn't mean that I have a problem with them. I recognize how much talent they're returning next season...I was one of the first ones to proclaim them as a legit candidate for a top 5 preseason ranking in '08...not that it really matters, ultimately. I'm not even really upset that they managed to backdoor a trip to the Sugar Bowl, despite not being able to earn that invite on the field...but when you guys (and by "you guys" I mean ridiculously hypocritical UGA fans) start bellyaching and whining about how you were screwed out of a NC game that you didn't earn, nor deserve to participate in, then I have to shake my head and laugh...but again, if that's what you got to keep telling yourself so you can sleep at night, then go for it...just don't expect not to get called on it. ;) :P

LOL.. You got to be kidding.. you have no problem with uga.. yeah right.. you ooooze problems with uga for years.. umm could it be because you are a vols fan.. and the only fan but one sc fan who can't spell UGA right. and yes that is a misspelling.. It's UGA.. You don't add a g at the end.. that is a misspelling and it's surprising you would even try to say it isn't.. LOLOL Only you would try and actually try to make a claim it isn't.. ;) the rest of the post was blah, blah, blah nc blah, blah, blah.. The top 5 ranking is deserved because they did earn it on the field not in a preseason ranking like some teams and if you don't like it then go write the bcs committee and tell them how you want the on the field accomplishments removed from the voting. You can't put down the facts or the truth so instead you got off on your own tangent (maybe you should actually reply to the post and read it before going off on a 3 paragraph diatribe). Who has the nations longest winning streak in a bcs conference? Yep that's uga.. so no matter how much you hate it and don't want to give UGA any credit, you can't deny the facts.. ;):w00t::w00t:

Peyton (12/9/2007)

Agreed.. Not to metion a top 20 defense nationally that had to replace 8 starters this year and will be only better next year.. You add the 26 freshman who played this year and got great experience the hype coming into next season is going to be huge for UGA even if mark may hates it.. LOL

capologist (12/9/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)

Let me get this straight: Tebow does something no other QB in the history of college football and also threw for 3,000 yards while AVERAGING 16 carries a game in the SEC and never missed a game yet won the award based on hype? Either you are just an extreme UGA homer (which is the option I'm believing) or don't know squat about college football and what that actually means.

As for the top 5, if we get it, we get it. I'm more concerned with the season-ending top 5...

NO dude i ment tht if teblow didnt have any hype, then with those stats he wouldnt have won the heisman, but since he had every1 talking about him from the start of the season he was already a half heisman watch. EI chase daniel or dennis dixon. they had to find aa way into the spotlight, BUT tebow was already in the spot light. dont get me wrong he had a pretty amazing thing, and he deserves the criesman, but hype at the beginning of the year helped him alot.

GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)
capologist (12/9/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/9/2007)

NO dude i ment tht if teblow didnt have any hype, then with those stats he wouldnt have won the heisman, but since he had every1 talking about him from the start of the season he was already a half heisman watch. EI chase daniel or dennis dixon. they had to find aa way into the spotlight, BUT tebow was already in the spot light. dont get me wrong he had a pretty amazing thing, and he deserves the criesman, but hype at the beginning of the year helped him alot.

Jesus Christ Tebow becomes the first player in NCAA history to put up the kinds of numbers he did and he didn't win the Heisman because of his numbers, only his hype. :crazy:

You guys should check your house for gas leaks.