Can Colt beat Georgia....if so, should we draft him

goldenarms14

HAWAII 45-uga 24

Colt Brennan is the real deal.

We could get Colt for less money than Brohm.

Colt is a quick decision maker.

Colt reads defenses very fast.

Colt Brennan has much better feet and can scramble when needed.

I watched all of the Hawaii "midnight games", all of the Louisville and BC Games on Direct TV this year. Colt is by far the better of the 3, not more popular, just a better passer.

Colt has a cannon arm. No Letwich there.

Redman stays next year, he knows the Petrino system and is actually a savvy backup.

After watching Redman in pre season, I often wondered why he never got to play, he won what a couple of pre season games for us?

Joey should be traded, he will make sombody a fair backup, just not a starter.

Good attitude, good clubhouse guy, not a starter caliber qb

Letwich traded, a very bitter disappointment, Lefty is done in the NFL

We need McFadden drafted 1st! Then the best qb available.

I know we need olinemen but without a Top Qb and a Power RB, we will still not win with Jake Long up front. Last I looked Long has still never scored a single point.

We need McFadden for our new FACE

We need Colt Brennan to give us a credible deep threat, then McFadden kills the defense. If they focus on McFadden, Colt would kill then with the deep ball.

We need McFadden drafted 1st! Then the best qb available.

1.Colt-clearly the better passer, he will get the ball down field unlike Joey Harrington.

2. Matt Ryan

3. Brohm

then the "other" qb's

As for oline, Foster, Clabo, Blalock and McClure, the others and some depth we can arrange after we get McFadden and Colt Brennan.

We need to commit to getting 1 Top OLineman every draft, at that rate will can build for the future. You simply can't get all olinemen and nobody to move the ball.

2007 has CLEARLY shown us that although we have Norwood, he is not going to move the pile. Our other RB's will add depth but clearly are not the FACE we need in the backfield.

• 1 year later...

I still believe that Washington got the steal of the draft by getting Colt Brennan. He looked amazing in preseason, and I feel will be an elite QB just like our own Matty Ice if they ever finally decide to can Jason Campbell. Ryan showed that leadership is the most important thing in a young QB, and they are extremely similar in their ways with that.

I still believe that Washington got the steal of the draft by getting Colt Brennan. He looked amazing in preseason, and I feel will be an elite QB just like our own Matty Ice if they ever finally decide to can Jason Campbell. Ryan showed that leadership is the most important thing in a young QB, and they are extremely similar in their ways with that.

Please! Don't ever mention Colt Brennan when it comes to being an elite QB like Matt Ryan. Heck none of the Redskins QB can compare to Ryan. Colt needs to prove himself by beating out Campbell and that old *** backup, i forgot his name and then win games and put up stats that offically counts in the NFL(Not Pre-season) and then we will compare him to Matt Ryan. But until then, he's "the greatest backup" just like our good ole' D.J. Shockley. <_<

Please! Don't ever mention Colt Brennan when it comes to being an elite QB like Matt Ryan. Heck none of the Redskins QB can compare to Ryan. Colt needs to prove himself by beating out Campbell and that old *** backup, i forgot his name and then win games and put up stats that offically counts in the NFL(Not Pre-season) and then we will compare him to Matt Ryan. But until then, he's "the greatest backup" just like our good ole' D.J. Shockley. <_<

Have you watched any of his game film? Both are students of the game. Like I said in my other post - he simply needs to have a chance to prove himself. Last year the Redskins did everything they could to try and squeeze life out of Campbell, they're not going to replace him with a rookie........yet. I have a feeling this year it will happen though.

reading comprehension goes a long way.

Have you watched any of his game film? Both are students of the game. Like I said in my other post - he simply needs to have a chance to prove himself. Last year the Redskins did everything they could to try and squeeze life out of Campbell, they're not going to replace him with a rookie........yet. I have a feeling this year it will happen though.

reading comprehension goes a long way.

<_< Oh so that's why DJ Shockley didn't get to start his rookie season also then huh? So when are we waiting for Shockley to get in and win us a superbowl? Trust me, COLT is not the second coming of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I rather have Average Joe Flacco over him any day.

<_<Oh so that's why DJ Shockley didn't get to start his rookie season also then huh? So when are we waiting for Shockley to get in and win us a superbowl? Trust me, COLT is not the second coming of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I rather have Average Joe Flacco over him any day.

Apples and Oranges for that comparison. If you want to go that way though, how many TD passes did Shock throw during his playing time in the preseason? What was his QB rating?

Colt is not supposed to be the second coming of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, just like Ryan isn't the second coming of either one of them. I'm simply stating, once given a chance Colt will shine in the NFL. He showed glimpses during the preseason, and will in the regular season this year. If he doesn't, I won't be afraid to say I was wrong.

Flacco is an interesting subject. I got to watch him in person during the FCS Championship game, when my alma mater (Appalachian State) tore him a new one. He's pretty lucky in the fact that with the Baltimore defense backing him - he won't ever be expected to put up high scoring numbers. Makes one wonder how good the Ravens would be if they had made the move to grab Ryan.....