Official Heisman Presentation Thread

Headshot

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twinblade (12/8/2007)
All this Heisman crap is nothing but a popularity contest, Tebow is gonna win because he ran like 20 tds....wow (sarcasm)

Wow, way to completely disregard all of his accomplishments and pass them off as if it's easy.

But in case you haven't been paying attention, it was 22 rushing TDs, 800+ rushing yards as well as 3,000+ passing yards and 29 TDs to only 6 INTs. Those kinds of numbers have never been put up before.

So yes, Wow is definitely the right word to use.

Same Ol Falcons (12/8/2007)
Statick (12/8/2007)
McFadden SHOULD win the award, but I think the ESPN/Tebow hype machine is too strong.

Says who? you?

Yeah, I said it. I didn't quote anyone.

Given the chance ESPN would have lobbied for him getting it his freshman year.

Headshot (12/8/2007)
Twinblade (12/8/2007)
All this Heisman crap is nothing but a popularity contest, Tebow is gonna win because he ran like 20 tds....wow (sarcasm)

Wow, way to completely disregard all of his accomplishments and pass them off as if it's easy.

But in case you haven't been paying attention, it was 22 rushing TDs, 800+ rushing yards as well as 3,000+ passing yards and 29 TDs to only 6 INTs. Those kinds of numbers have never been put up before.

Wow 800+ yards, whoopie! (sarcasm)

Still not Heisman worthy.

Twinblade (12/8/2007)

Wow is right, more than Bo Jackson, more than Herschel Walker, more than Darren McFadden

Yeah and most of his rushing yards are like what 5 yrds? Most he ran for is alittle over 20 yards...wow!

Tebow is overrated

Statick (12/8/2007)Yeah, I said it. I didn't quote anyone.

Given the chance ESPN would have lobbied for him getting it his freshman year.[/quote

Wow, so you completely discredit the guy despite him having a higher PASSING efficiency rating than any QB winning the Heisman in history? And if running 20 TDs is so easy, how come no QB has EVER done what he's done before?

Statick (12/8/2007)
Statick (12/8/2007)
McFadden SHOULD win the award, but I think the ESPN/Tebow hype machine is too strong.

Says who? you?

Yeah, I said it. I didn't quote anyone.

Given the chance ESPN would have lobbied for him getting it his freshman year.

You are crazy - They were pushing the **** out of Dixon until he got hurt and they were pushing the **** out of Ryan until he fizzled out

I've never seen a dual threat like Tebow and that's saying a lot because I saw Charlie Ward completely revolutionize the position

capologist (12/8/2007)

Given the chance ESPN would have lobbied for him getting it his freshman year.[/quote

Wow, so you completely discredit the guy despite him having a higher PASSING efficiency rating than any QB winning the Heisman in history? And if running 20 TDs is so easy, how come no QB has EVER done what he's done before?

To bad he will never rush for 20 tds in the nfl.

Twinblade (12/8/2007)
Headshot (12/8/2007)
Twinblade (12/8/2007)

Why are you acting like an idiot?

You're completely disregarding the fact that his 800 rushing yards and 22 rushing TDs goes along with his 3,000 passing yards and 29 TDs. You're acting as if his passing stats shouldn't be considered. You realize Tim Tebow is a quarterback right?

capologist (12/8/2007)

I can see it if he actually passed alot, plus alot of those TDs of his were short yardage.

Sorry, but I just don't see what's the big deal about Tebow.

Twinblade (12/8/2007)
To bad he will never rush for 20 tds in the nfl.

WHO CARES?

Tim Tebow is a sophomore in college, why are you talking about the NFL? The Heisman is an award that goes to the MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, not the MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL WHO WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO PUT UP THE SAME KINDS OF NUMBERS IN THE NFL.

You keep bringing up the NFL as if it has anything to do with anything. Nobody cares about the NFL, we're talking about college football.

Headshot (12/8/2007)
Twinblade (12/8/2007)
Headshot (12/8/2007)
Twinblade (12/8/2007)

Why are you acting like an idiot?

You're completely disregarding the fact that his 800 rushing yards and 22 rushing TDs goes along with his 3,000 passing yards and 29 TDs. You're acting as if his passing stats shouldn't be considered. You realize Tim Tebow is a quarterback right?

Nah really? I must not know that because after all I am a idiot! (sarcasm)

Brennan has more passing yards...your point?

McFadden should win it but hey like I said its all a popularity contest.

Statick (12/8/2007)
capologist (12/8/2007)

I can see it if he actually passed alot, plus alot of those TDs of his were short yardage.

Sorry, but I just don't see what's the big deal about Tebow.

Thank you....while better talent gets ****** over, overrated talent such as Tim Tebow gets it handed over.

Kevin Smith has the most rushing yards, hes not even on the heisman watch...its a same.