Joe Flacco and Delaware Blue Hens are on ESPN right now

Yea, he was on ESPN like 2 weeks ago against Deleware St. I watched most of that game. He has a great arm and ideal size, but he needs to learn how to throw with some touch. He seems to rifle every ball in there even when he doesn't need to. He needs to fix that , but he looked good elsewhere. If you watch him, see if you can see it. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they were on tv today, I'll go turn it on.

grendel (12/8/2007)
Wow, I really liked what I saw from Flacco tonight. I'd look at him in the 2nd. He's got all of the measurables of Ryan with a better arm and none of the stupid.

I agree, he looked better than the last time I saw him. I was impressed. He had more touch on his passes than in the last game. We'll see how the combine goes, but he may be around in the 3rd round even.

yeah, but PITT was horrible, and he very well could have been moved into the starting lineup this season. But you are correct, he might not have gotten his shot. Probably best for him he went to Delaware.

My reply was more saying, if he got to do what he is doing at a major program, he might be a top QB candidate.

He definitely would have started at Pitt this year. I live in Pa, so I read and see alot of Pitt. They had a true freshman playing QB most of the year, Pat Bostick. The only reason he never started at Pitt is because Tyler Palko was there. They stuck with Palko because he played great when Larry Fitzgerald was still there. After Fitzy was drafted, it all went downhill.

I got a chance to watch a couple of his series. He definitely has a strong arm with a quick release. He showed good accuracy as well. I have no idea how mobile he is and I only saw him pass out of the shotgun. He had a tendancy to drop his shoulder and ended up with a 3/4 type throwing motion......I am not so sure scouts will like that.

All in all, he looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder with promise. I would not count on him for at least two seasons. He would be a welcomed draft pick on day two if Chris Redman performs well the rest of this season. A productive Redman could be backed up by Shockley and Flacco.

By the way, Flaco is Spanish for skinny (or thin). I assume that the spelling of his name is Italian, so there may be a slight variation.

he looked good yesterday, thats for sure. i think hes a late 3rd early 4th guy right now, and if we drafted brohm i would not argue with flacco in the 4th. 2 potential starters is better than one, and i think mckay learned his lesson about putting all his eggs in one basket with vick. and im sure hes still happy about the 2 2nds we got for schaub. whos to say we couldnt pull off a similar trade with flacco?

just makes sense to add insurance to these complicated and high bust rate positions like QB, and flacco would be wonderful insurance behind brohm and redman.

I saw the replay of the Delaware/SIU game last night and I was really impressed with Flacco. He has much better mobility than Woodson or Brohm and made some quality NFL type throws. His receivers absolutely suck, he was by far the best player on the team.

I'd take him over Brennan in a heartbeat. He's going to move far up the draft board after the combine. It's easy to see why Todd McShay has him in the top four QBs in the draft. I think he could start sooner than some of you think.

BRING HIM HOME MCKAY!

dizzee rascal (12/12/2007)
I saw the replay of the Delaware/SIU game last night and I was really impressed with Flacco. He has much better mobility than Woodson or Brohm and made some quality NFL type throws. His receivers absolutely suck, he was by far the best player on the team.

I'd take him over Brennan in a heartbeat. He's going to move far up the draft board after the combine. It's easy to see why Todd McShay has him in the top four QBs in the draft. I think he could start sooner than some of you think.

BRING HIM HOME MCKAY!

He looked more mobile because he's a D-1 talent playing against FBS competition. Well, that's if you're a guy that thinks level of competition means something.

aveboogie2 (12/12/2007)
dizzee rascal (12/12/2007)

BRING HIM HOME MCKAY!

He looked more mobile because he's a D-1 talent playing against FBS competition. Well, that's if you're a guy that thinks level of competition means something.

I dunno, it was pretty obvious he was more athletic than Woodson or Brohm. Flacco had a couple runs in the open field. I've seen Woodson run in space, it's definitely not a strength.

Check Flacco out Friday night on ESPN.