TDWII's Musings & Observations; Jerious at WR?

TDWII's First Blog Entry - Musings & Observations

I'm playing around with FalconsLIFE and figured 'the blog' might be a cool place to start. For those who know/read my posts, I can certainly pontificate, but I think I bring game and I like to discuss football - FALCON FOOTBALL!

So my first entry is up...centered around Mr. Norwood. What to do with him? Is he the guy? Or is he something else? Check it out...I want good feedback and ideas. Since we're the best GM's the Falcons have, let's fix this thing. Today, it starts with Jerious.

i know it's been said before, but he should be used like reggie bush.. so sort of a combination of you two options tdw.. he's too good of a rb to not be getting carries.. but we should definitely use him more in the slot and on screens.. this guy with the ball is space is clearly to the falcons advantage.. i honestly think he could carry the load, and of course there are jerious detractors who think he can.. well, how about we let him try these last 4 games, dunn has his 10,000 yards and props to him on that no doubt, but it's time to see whether jerious can be that #1 guy, or do we have to go with mcfadden in the first.. i honestly would love to have a bush/mcallister type of combination here in atlanta.. mcfadden and jerious together could be lethal.. but then again will we need jerious if and when we get mcfadden?.. that guy carried the ball like 40 times against a physical lsu team.. first things first though, let's see if jerious can carry the load the last 4 games..

chosun (12/8/2007)
i know it's been said before, but he should be used like reggie bush.. so sort of a combination of you two options tdw.. he's too good of a rb to not be getting carries.. but we should definitely use him more in the slot and on screens.. this guy with the ball is space is clearly to the falcons advantage.. i honestly think he could carry the load, and of course there are jerious detractors who think he can.. well, how about we let him try these last 4 games, dunn has his 10,000 yards and props to him on that no doubt, but it's time to see whether jerious can be that #1 guy, or do we have to go with mcfadden in the first.. i honestly would love to have a bush/mcallister type of combination here in atlanta.. mcfadden and jerious together could be lethal.. but then again will we need jerious if and when we get mcfadden?.. that guy carried the ball like 40 times against a physical lsu team.. first things first though, let's see if jerious can carry the load the last 4 games..

Even if we drafted McFadden, Norwood's diversity and ability to spell McFadden would be needed and valuable. While for Fantasy Football purposes 2-head RB situations are a nightmare...having one guy carry the ball 275 times and the other carry it 125 seems to be a better arrangement than having 1 bellcow.

As for carrying the load, I'm sure that for a 4-game stretch, Jerious would do fine, but the real test comes in the 4 game stretch after he has 225-250 carries. That we won't see no matter how many times he carries the ball in the last month.

oh don't get me wrong, 2 headed rb attack is the way to ago i completely agree.. but if norwood can excel these last few games, i mean really excel.. he could be the first in that two back system.. so instead of mcfadden/norwood.. it could be like norwood/stewart(oregon), norwood/hester(LSU), norwood/foster(tenn), norwood/rice(rutgers)... lots of possible combinations.. that way we could go LT in the first(baker USC long Mich).. or DT(dorsey lsu) i'd really like to get haynesworth via free agency.. or MLB(lauranitis OSU or connor Penn State).. then pick one of those power straightline hopefully unduckett like rb's later in the draft

No way we should pick McFadden. Period. Norwood should indeed be used like Reggie Bush, simple as that. Yeah, we do need someone who can spell Norwood or be the starter RB for us. That guy can come in the 2nd or 3rd round. That way we can go O Line in the 1st and QB and possibly RB in the 2nd. People ooh and aww over what Peterson has done with Minny and think that McFadden can do the same for us--but not behind this sorry O Line we have now...

the truth (12/8/2007)
No way we should pick McFadden. Period. Norwood should indeed be used like Reggie Bush, simple as that. Yeah, we do need someone who can spell Norwood or be the starter RB for us. That guy can come in the 2nd or 3rd round. That way we can go O Line in the 1st and QB and possibly RB in the 2nd. People ooh and aww over what Peterson has done with Minny and think that McFadden can do the same for us--but not behind this sorry O Line we have now...

Why can Norwood average 6.6 YPC behind this O-Line but a McFadden/Peterson type player would struggle?

Do you think that our running game problems might stem from:

1) Not really being in a position to 'bleed the clock' and play with the lead?

2) That it's based on the legs and abilities of a 32 year old, undersized back who has probably lost a step?

3) Subpar QB play that has allowed defenses a better ability to key on the run?

I'm not saying the O-Line doesn't need to be upgraded. But the notion that our run game issues is due to this factor alone or even as a primary factor IMO is off.

I would have to go with drafting mcfadden or Dorsey if they are there in the 1st mainly because I don't think their is a QB or O-lineman worth a pick in the top 3 this year. I prefer Oher, Richardson, Clady, and Hills in the 2nd round over Long in the top 3 and i actually prefer Oher and Clady over Long period.