HOW LONG ARE YOU WILLING TO SUPPORT A PATHETIC FRANCHISE??

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've only been a Falcons Fan since '98 (see my profile), but I stuck it out since and will stick it out now and into the future. Arthur Blank is a winner, you don't do what he did with HD unless you are a winner so I just have to think that this Franchise will turn things around sooner rather than later.

I can remember the horrible days/years of NE Pats, that's where I grew up, they sucked worse than the Falcons ever did. It just proves that with a the proper owner, front office and staff, even doormats of the league can rise above. I believe we have the owner part, I guess we'll have to wait and see about the rest. But as a Fan I am going NOWHERE!

GO FALCONS!

• 2 years later...

Dear Rotten-Nation:

You obviously don't know anything about the history of the NE Patriots. If you were anything but a latecomer to their party you'd understand a few minor points of their history. There are potentially some lessons that we Falcon fans might learn if we are patient and can live through what will be a short-term painful roster shakeup:

Once upon a time (not that long ago)....

The Pats were the laughing stock and doormat of the NFL for years..no...it was decades. They had a revolving door for coaches and players and their teams were pounded and humiliated by almost every opponent. Yes, they had occasional glimpses of success, but were always dragged down to the reality of their mediocrity. (Sound familiar, fellow Falcon fans?)

One day, their new owner brought in a coach who had a similar philosophy: develop a program that focused on winning games and championships. The coach wasn't the players pal: he was their boss, a dedicated football guy, and he called the shots. He had a defensive and offensive plan to install and was absolutely convinced that it would work.

There was to be no whining/crying in football (sorry, D Hall and Algie--just shut up and play)

During their first year or so, the coach and his staff did the best they could with the players they inherited. They evaluated the personnel on the roster, tested some untested players, lost some games in the process but eventually learned who could play and who was all talk.

They used the draft and free agency over the years to build a team that became well disciplined and focused on winning games and championships. They don't whine and rant to the media: they act as one football unit and when one part breaks down or doesn't want to work, they replace the worn/broken/defective part.

No matter how well they play, they find flaws in their game that they work to improve.

Falcon fans, this is what Bobby Petrino and staff want to do for our Falcons. This is the job that Petrino has been working toward all of his professional life and he has the plan, the passion and the ability to implement it with the Falcons. The only thing he needs to make this a reality is a bit of time to assemble players to execute the plan.

Remember what Petrino said: adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.

Have Faith. GO FALCONS

love the part about pigtrino.

Seriously it has to be getting to you??? The Falcons are back in re building mode?? Honestly they never had anything built in the first place:P So honestly, how long will you guys continue to support this franchise that has never had back to back winning seasons?? The Falcons are the joke of the NFL and you guys continue to be laughed at.:w00t:

Let me summarize what Roddy is really saying here...

"ewwweee...My pu$$y hurts"

Go ahead rodlick, just throw up all over yourself and call it a post... us falcons fans will all pause for moment while you pull your head out of your a$$... thanks for playing tho...

DSCF2730.jpg

who is this a$sclown?

HE WAS .... RODDY NATION. HE STARTED THIS THREAD BACK IN 2007.

WHERE IS RODDY NATION NOW? HE'S PROBABLY WERE ALL THE TROLLS END

UP ... UNDER A NEW NAME. HE COULD BE ONE OF MANY ANTAGONIZERS

HERE.

HE BURST ON THE SCENE LIKE A HURRICANE, AND LEFT JUST AS FAST.

WHERE EVER YOU ARE RODDY, YOU REMEMBER ME, IT AIN'T SO FUNNY

NOW IS IT KID? WHAT A CHARACTER. GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

REST IN PEACE. :D

Guest Gritz

HE WAS .... RODDY NATION. HE STARTED THIS THREAD BACK IN 2007.

WHERE IS RODDY NATION NOW? HE'S PROBABLY WERE ALL THE TROLLS END

UP ... UNDER A NEW NAME. HE COULD BE ONE OF MANY ANTAGONIZERS

HERE.

HE BURST ON THE SCENE LIKE A HURRICANE, AND LEFT JUST AS FAST.

WHERE EVER YOU ARE RODDY, YOU REMEMBER ME, IT AIN'T SO FUNNY

NOW IS IT KID? WHAT A CHARACTER. GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.

REST IN PEACE. :D

We've seen some real lulu trolls in our day haven't we Rev?

Some of them I'm almost reluctant to smack around because it's obvious that life has already beat me to it.

Well, I can say I am a real falcons fan stationed in New York and I wear all my ATL gear proudly. Sorry Rev. I am an UGA fan also. I almost gave up on the Thrashers after trading Kolvy but I could not. I am a fan of ATL sports till the end.

What part of NY you from? I wanna try and get anyone on here from NY and try to meet up in a bar on sundays for the games

Seriously it has to be getting to you??? The Falcons are back in re building mode?? Honestly they never had anything built in the first place:P So honestly, how long will you guys continue to support this franchise that has never had back to back winning seasons?? The Falcons are the joke of the NFL and you guys continue to be laughed at.:w00t:

I have been a die-hard Falcon's fan since 1970 even though I moved out of the Atlanta area (and Georgia) in 1971. I am still a die-hard Falcon's fan and can't wait until the season starts.

Being a long term fan of a loosing team is very frustrating at times. However, when the team does have success, it means so much more.