The Falcons have a very positive Future

atljbo

Alot of you guys dont like Coach P and i have no idea why......He has a vision for this team and i like where its headed.....yes we are 3-9 but thats not Coach P's fault.......Im not going to dog joey harrington out but he is just not a nfl qb....im sorry...if you look at games...we have had a chance for big plays but they are mainly under thrown by joey...but to the positives...

We have found 2 gems at the Tackle Position with Renaldo Foster and Tyson Clabo..the Only Problem is both fit the RT position...they both are athletic enough to face the less quick DE at the Right tackle..i beleive we can sign Tyson Clabo who is 6'7 315lbs in a cheap long term deal and keep Renaldo as a backup.....

Now as for Justin Blalock....he had struggled some but i cant lie im not surprised because he college he played tackle....but for the most part he has been solid.....with the smarts and the work ethic i hear he has...he should be a force

Roddy White and Laurent Robinson has both shown me they have the talent to turn into big time wr.......Roddy has finally shown what he can really do this year....he has shown he can play the ball in the air, get yards after the catch, and most important CATCH THE BALL...he is 8th in the nfl in reception yards with 62 rec for 920 yards...on the other hand Laurent Robinson has shown the deep play speed and he will also play the ball in the air...they both need to work on the some what fumbleing problem......And offseason with Hue Jackson will do them some good

Jerious Norwood is a special player.....with just 69 touches he has rushed for 442 yards and average 6.2 yards a carry 2 consecutive years....So my thing is why dont he have his hands on the ball more often.....I believe next year with dunn gone...he will have the ball in his hands more but still sharing the load...he has also shown the ablity to do kick return dutys....i think that will also help his vision as a running back

Jamaal Anderson .....I know alot of you will hate this but i think he has played decent.....I know its all about sacks,sacks, and more sacks when it comes to DE but they have had jamaal player the inside of the tackles so he can help stop the run but also linebackers has blitz his outside...its not far for people to look at Gains Adams (who plays the RE so he gets to play on the outside of the tackle) and try to compare there stats...Gains Adams is being used as a rush end....I think with a year under his belt and with a good offseason getting stronger and working on his technique...he will be real good for this team

John Abraham has shown us he can stay healthy...that is huge....he has dealt with nothing but double teams all year and steal has 7 sacks but more important he have made Qb rush some throws.....with a healthy john abraham and a D-Line that can mesh together this offseason....we should see big things

Trey Lewis showed us we fond a gem in this draft...Before he was injured...dude was a beast at stopping the run and getting pressure on the qb...at 6'3 320 he will do nothing but get better...im looking for big things from him next year

Michael Boley is the new face of the falcons linebacking group....he is not going to make the pro-bowl(that will help us in negotiating a new contract) but he should be there....all he does is make plays....i have seen him shed off big Offensive tackles and make the play..... with his 97 tackles, 3 sacks , 2 int,and 3 forced fumbles...I remember during the 2005 draft he said he was the best linebacker in there class(Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman was in that class).....he will be a force in this league

D-Hall has been solid this whole year...and that helps us out alot....the reason it helps us is his trade value this offseason will be off the charts...Im telling yall if jerry jones cant get his hands on Mcfadden in the draft....he would trade those picks or a 1st and second rounder for d-hall....if he want to be able to play on the same level with the Colts and Pats...he will need a Newman and D-hall

Chris Houston,David Irons and Daren Stone has all proved i was right all along.....chris Houston has shown he can play with the big boys and is not just another ahman carrol.....all he has to work on is his ball skills....he should have atleast 3 ints this year but he didnt hold on to the ball or play the ball right.....David Irons is everything i knew he was...fast,aggressive and a hard worker...the Coaching staff loves this guy not just as a special teamer..but as a corner back....Daron stone has been solid on special team but the Coaching staff says he will be a really good safety...i heard mike mayock say Daren Stone could have easily been a day 1 pick and no one could get mad......dude have all the potential and the drive to be something special

Michael Koenen has been amazing this year.....alot of ppl dont pay attention to the Punter but Koenen has been one of the best in the league this year.....he has had 24 punts inside the 20 which is 3 among punters and has had a net of 38 yards a punt which is 4th among punters...and on kickoff dutys he has the leagues best average with 65.9 a kickoff

I wish more people had your enthusisam. I also see the direction this team is headed and I hope we get there soon. Nothing aggravates me more than when there is a positive thread, and it becomes littered with negative replys. We have a good base of young players and I hope that we build on the future quickly.

I still do beleive in jimmy.....i feel next year will be jimmy william defining year....this year and this coming offseason will show us do he really want to be a special player in the nfl or just a backup....he has the talent....its all up to him

totally 100% agree with you.

I also think that Crocker has improved this year. (he's not great but he has gotten better. Let's hear it for the coaching staff)

I think a lot of Fans forgot that this team has been in a downward spiral for the last two years and that it will take time to build this team back up. With that said I also believe that Petrino has the right idea and that there is no coincidence that this draft has been the best in the past three. (Petrino tells the GM what he wants and Mckay gets it.)

Petrino is building a team that will be successful for years. It'll be hard for a year or two but I'd rather wait and be a legit team that wins back to back seasons then the on again off again crap that we've had for the entire history of the Falcons.

i also feel we are not to far.....i really want us to improve our line and beleive it or not we are not that far away........we need a franchise LT or a great LT...and i cant lie this draft i can see real good LT slippin to the second round like Marcus McNeill( Ryan Clady, Gosder Cherilus, Michael Oher, Jeff Otah,Chris Williams).and a guy who i can see as a tackle switching to guard prospect is Barry Richardson...he reminds me of a lenard davis...he is to stone foot for tackle but would be a beast at the guard position..and one day 2 pick that might be a big time sleeper is texas 6'6 310lb tackle tony hill

I think the Owner GM & Coach knew exactly what would happen this year. The fact that they have managed to keep things together is monumental. We do have some talent & I think with a good draft & an infusion of new players thru free agency the Falcons will be greatly improved next season. The Vick era is done & it is time for the Falcons to find a new identity. Change is hard in any aspect of life. Football is no different.

I believe Jimmy Williams will vastly improve in the off season. After all this is his first year in a new position. It's like he's a rookie all over again. Also the old coaching staff didn't hardly let any of the rookies play while they were here so I believe this is why he is coming around so slowly. Mora was scared to let the Rook's play. Great post I glad to finally read something positive.

Falcon first down (12/8/2007)
I believe Jimmy Williams will vastly improve in the off season. After all this is his first year in a new position. It's like he's a rookie all over again. Also the old coaching staff didn't hardly let any of the rookies play while they were here so I believe this is why he is coming around so slowly. Mora was scared to let the Rook's play. Great post I glad to finally read something positive.

thanks and i agree about jimmy williams...its all on him tho....do he want to be a star or just another player

GO SOONERS!!!! (12/8/2007)
jenkins gonna bust out like roddy did this year next year.

I doubt that, he doesn't have the speed or quickness Roddy has which limits his deep threat plays and his route running. He's nothing more than a slot/possession/red zone guy at this point. That's not bad though, every team needs one.

GO SOONERS!!!! (12/8/2007)
jenkins gonna bust out like roddy did this year next year.

the thing isi saw this year happening for roddy....i cant lie...i dont see it for jenkins......its not good when the coach has a 4th round rookie starting over you...i dont think he is the type of wr that coach is looking fo

science and the bible says what im saying is true

i do have a found basis behind my prediction

osu recievers generally take longer to develop in the NFL, look at "she" chris carter so on and so forth, they generally didn't produce till their third years in the league, and that was with respectable coaching.

jenkins has only had a year with a respectable coaching staff. he'll be on fire next year.

I'd like to add my 2 cents and say that it's nice to finally have a positive thread going about the Falcons and their future.

As noted by several others in this thread, there are several solid players on our roster who will be building blocks for our future, and I won't bore everyone with a re-hash of the details. IMHO, Petrino has a good eye for talent and will help us shore up our OL and QB situations via the 2008 draft and through free agent acquisition.

I've been a Petrino fan for awhile (former U of L season ticket holder for 25 yrs before moving to the ATL) and I have NO DOUBT that he can assemble a great team that will have us in the playoffs in short order.

It's also great to see Chris Redman have a chance: let's hope he has a great game and leads us to victory over the Saints on MNF!

i agree as well. htruth of the matter is things will be alot more clearer after monday night. Knowing the length of MV jail time will really set the tempo for this offseason. I will promise you this, this draft will be totally different depending if it 2 years as opposed to 5 years. i like clabo as well i thought he did a excellent job at guard last year and as well at tackle this year. When they brought weiner back and he played left i wish they would try clabo there. if you can find a guy that is good on the cheap to play left, you dont need to be spending high draft picks. and you can find a guy later in 2nd or 3rd to take the right side.

I doubt that, he doesn't have the speed or quickness Roddy has which limits his deep threat plays and his route running. He's nothing more than a slot/possession/red zone guy at this point. That's not bad though, every team needs one.

I was thinking the same thing about Jenkins!!! He will take the place of Finn...:cool: