Darren McFadden wins Sporting News College Football Player of the Year..

ST. LOUIS -- Sporting News magazine on Friday named Arkansas running back Darren McFadden its player of the year.

Sporting News called McFadden "the quintessential one-man gang." He ranked fourth in the nation with 1,725 rushing yards and threw four touchdown passes.

The magazine said McFadden turned in his one of his best performance against South Carolina when he tied the Southeastern Conference single-game rushing mark with 321 yards. When Arkansas beat No. 1 LSU, McFadden rushed for 206 yards and three touchdowns, while passing for 34 yards and throwing a touchdown pass.

Kansas coach Mark Mangino was named the magazine's coach of the year after leading the Jayhawks to a school-record 11 victories and the school's first Bowl Championship Series appearance. The Jayhawks will play Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 3, Kansas' first Orange Bowl game since 1969.

Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford won freshman of the year, in part because he led the nation in passing efficiency.

The award winners were chosen by the magazine's college football writers and editors.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

DMac had a phenomenal season. He deserves any accolades and awards he gets.

This is the closest (Maybe not in the votes, but in my opinion) Heisman race we've had in awhile. Tebow won two awards, McFadden has won 3 or 4, both were named 1st team All-Americans, and both had huge years. I know the votes kind of favor Tebow running away, but to me, this race is extremely close.

Headshot (12/8/2007)

This is the closest (Maybe not in the votes, but in my opinion) Heisman race we've had in awhile. Tebow won two awards, McFadden has won 3 or 4, both were named 1st team All-Americans, and both had huge years. I know the votes kind of favor Tebow running away, but to me, this race is extremely close.

I hope Dmac wins it.. It would be a nice way to end his career. I think tebow will get one next year.

Headshot (12/8/2007)

I hope Dmac wins it.. It would be a nice way to end his career. I think tebow will get one next year.

Nah, I want Tebow to win it this year so Harv1n can get it next year ;)

Headshot (12/8/2007)
Headshot (12/8/2007)

Nah, I want Tebow to win it this year so Harv1n can get it next year ;)

I would be more concerned with moreno getting it next year.. I don't even think harvin is a top 10 this year. I know you meant moreno.. ;):P