Father Fights Back;

Doc_2957

Father Fights Back; Kills Robber

WSBTV.com

UPDATED: 12:15 pm EST

December 7, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- A father protecting his family during a holdup shot and killed a robber late Thursday night.

Ronald Johnson and his family had just returned home from a school recital. After parking in their driveway the family was walking up the front walk at their house on Stardust Circle when three robbers stopped them.

Police said one of the men pulled a gun and ordered the family to "Give it up."

During the confrontation Johnson pulled his own gun and opened fire, killing one of the robbers. The other men ran off.

Police said Johnson was within his rights, defending his family and will not face charges for the shooting.

"It was a home invasion, but this time the invasion was on the other foot," said one neighbor.

The neighbor says the wounded man died in the family's yard and the other two men fled on foot.

That same neighbor told police that she heard her dog attack one of the robbers as he ran through her backyard.

Police have not released the names of anyone involved.

Officers continued searching for the surviving robbers.

Doc_2957 (12/7/2007)
Father Fights Back; Kills Robber

WSBTV.com

UPDATED: 12:15 pm EST

December 7, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- A father protecting his family during a holdup shot and killed a robber late Thursday night.

Ronald Johnson and his family had just returned home from a school recital. After parking in their driveway the family was walking up the front walk at their house on Stardust Circle when three robbers stopped them.

Police said one of the men pulled a gun and ordered the family to "Give it up."

During the confrontation Johnson pulled his own gun and opened fire, killing one of the robbers. The other men ran off.

Police said Johnson was within his rights, defending his family and will not face charges for the shooting.

"It was a home invasion, but this time the invasion was on the other foot," said one neighbor.

The neighbor says the wounded man died in the family's yard and the other two men fled on foot.

That same neighbor told police that she heard her dog attack one of the robbers as he ran through her backyard.

Police have not released the names of anyone involved.

Officers continued searching for the surviving robbers.

All I got to say is,everyone else has to work for it.

Ethanga62890 (12/7/2007)
lax32 (12/7/2007)
Ok I think its great the guy killed them and everything, but as I read it I couldnt help but wonder why on earth this guy would have carried a gun to a school recital.
Most people who carry a concealed weapon carry it everywhere where it's not illegal to carry it. I would know :D

and some of us carry even where it is "illegal" :P

No but seriously, even with a conceal permit you can't or I should say, not supposed to carry at school functions. He probably had it in his vehicle and then on him as he was going into the house.

lax32 (12/7/2007)
Ok I think its great the guy killed them and everything, but as I read it I couldnt help but wonder why on earth this guy would have carried a gun to a school recital.
Ronald Johnson and his family [highlight]had just returned home from a school recital. After parking in their driveway[/highlight]

Did you somehow miss that fact in the report.

As for the where abouts of the gun? He could have left it in the car at the recital. Because he had it with him doesn't mean he took it into the school.

lax32 (12/7/2007)

You've never had to endure one, eh?

Seriously, he probably had it in the car, and carried it into the house. My dad carries his in the car, particularly if he will return to the house after dark. I've done the same thing.

snake (12/10/2007)
I love it when dirt bags end up taking a dirt nap when they try and fleece the rest of soceity. Someone asked why the father has his gun on him after a recital. A gun isn't worth a tinkers dam sitting in a drawer when you need it.

Haven't you heard? Guns should be kept unloaded, away from ammunition, in a locked safe. At all times. So very useful...