QB

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
1 teblow wants to stay all 4 years. 2 teblow is a system qb. 3 teblow is a system qb that runs up the middle. 4 teblow is a average passer once you get rid of the run. just watch him. 5 he will get killed if he tries that stuff against real Lbs in the NFL.

what he said <<<<

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
1 teblow wants to stay all 4 years. 2 teblow is a system qb. 3 teblow is a system qb that runs up the middle. 4 teblow is a average passer once you get rid of the run. just watch him. 5 he will get killed if he tries that stuff against real Lbs in the NFL.

Yes, yes and more yes. BTW you can change your sig just go to Forum Settings and click Update Signature.

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)

Exactly, for once (and only once), I agree 100% with GEORGIAfan....in other words, what he said.:Wow:

norwood32 (12/7/2007)
Don Solo (12/7/2007)
GO SOONERS!!!! (12/7/2007)
tebow > every quarterback in this draft "at playing FB".

There you go....fixed it for you.

It's Ok i got it.

In actuality, I had typed FB first, but then thought I would offend just a little less by typing RB. :hehe:

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
TEblow will be great in college, because he is in the right system, but out of college i doubt he will be that good. akili Smith or somthing like that is the prefect example of how teblow will be in the NFL. they had the same coach, and ran the same system in college.

:laugh: Akili Smith is a bust in the CFL too.

#34 (12/7/2007)
yall think we could get tebow

I think he is overrated and just not as good as everyone says he is. Yeah you can post all the numbers you want but it will not change my opinion. I still say Brohm is the QB we need. I am not going to dismiss Colt Brennan but right now given the fact he is going to be playing against the Georgia Bulldogs in the Sugar bowl I can't support Colt at this time as a matter of principal.

josiah (12/7/2007)
You guys are all nuts if you think you can tell how effective Tebow will be in the NFL already, when he's only a Sophomore. :crazy:

Every great QB is a "system" QB. That's a BS buzzword, not a flaw.

funny how is alex smith doing in SAN Fran? he ran the same "SYSTEM" in college that teblow is running. and WATCH COLLEGE BALL, before you say thier is no such thing as a system QB. HELLOOOOO RUN AND SHOOT OFFENSE IS THE PREFECT EXAMPLE!!!!!

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
josiah (12/7/2007)
You guys are all nuts if you think you can tell how effective Tebow will be in the NFL already, when he's only a Sophomore. :crazy:

Run and shoot/Spread Offense. Yeah there are many names. One of my favorite times in a football game is when there are four Wideouts and the QB drops back in the shotgun, that's something fun to watch. But it seems with this Falcons team when they do that it ussually results in a 3-5 yard pass and gain. Nothing worth braging about there. No doubt everyone knows we need an O-line regardless of what QB we draft, if for nothing else to block and open lanes for our RB's "Hopefully Mcfadden" although I just don't see it happening because I don't see any other team passing on him. Although I will say this "Everybody was so hyped on Calvin Johnson last year" and he hasn't exactlly been the game changer for Detroit everybody said he was going to be, be it strategy or whatever, if he was a true game changer he would have done better this season.

Probably a good thing the Falcons didn't get Calvin Johnson given the circumstances and all, I mean they would have a huge contract held over their head right now with no QB or an O-line to protect the QB and open lanes for the RB's. I could go on and on and on.......

funny how is alex smith doing in SAN Fran? he ran the same "SYSTEM" in college that teblow is running. and WATCH COLLEGE BALL, before you say thier is no such thing as a system QB. HELLOOOOO RUN AND SHOOT OFFENSE IS THE PREFECT EXAMPLE!!!!!

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
josiah (12/7/2007)

You misunderstood me friend. Nowhere did I say there is no such thing as a system QB. Quite the contrary: I said every great QB IS a system QB. The best NFL QBs all have a system tweaked around their abilities. I do watch college football. I'm a Georgia boy, born and raised. How could I not be a Dawgs fan, especially given the condition of my Falcons? :sick:

I'm not implying that Tebow would be a good fit for Petrino's offense but I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the NFL.

josiah (12/7/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)
josiah (12/7/2007)

You misunderstood me friend. Nowhere did I say there is no such thing as a system QB. Quite the contrary: I said every great QB IS a system QB. The best NFL QBs all have a system tweaked around their abilities. I do watch college football. I'm a Georgia boy, born and raised. How could I not be a Dawgs fan, especially given the condition of my Falcons? :sick:

I'm not implying that Tebow would be a good fit for Petrino's offense but I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the NFL.

well alex smith was urban's old posterboy, and look at him now. a scrub. i bet san fran wishes they didnt use a 1st round on him. yea they are tweaked, BUT richt runs a pro style offense.

GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)

well alex smith was urban's old posterboy, and look at him now. a scrub. i bet san fran wishes they didnt use a 1st round on him. yea they are tweaked, BUT richt runs a pro style offense.

In the defense of Alex Smith, he was pretty much thrown into a starting role in the NFL his first year out of college. He had minimal time to be groomed into an NFL QB.

Tebow is twice the QB as Smith. Smith's Sophomore year wasn't nearly as impressive as Tebow's was. I'm pretty sure Smith wasn't in the running for a Heisman his sophomore year either.

josiah (12/7/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)

quote]

In the defense of Alex Smith, he was pretty much thrown into a starting role in the NFL his first year out of college. He had minimal time to be groomed into an NFL QB.

Tebow is twice the QB as Smith. Smith's Sophomore year wasn't nearly as impressive as Tebow's was. I'm pretty sure Smith wasn't in the running for a Heisman his senior year either.

well teblow is getting every1 riding on his jock, and utah is no florida, but smith did something teblow hasnt. took his team to a bowl game, and was undefeated.

josiah (12/7/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/7/2007)

Tebow is twice the QB as Smith. Smith's Sophomore year wasn't nearly as impressive as Tebow's was. I'm pretty sure Smith wasn't in the running for a Heisman his sophomore year either.

Hate to say it, Alex Smith is getting the same treatment Harrington got, get thrown to the wolves and pray, when he went to the lions. Except they keep adding pieces, the lions never did. Why I hope if whoever we get, we patch up that **** o-line, it will take out a rookie QB quicker then anything, :(

Again, Tebow has two years of college left. And don't think for a second that the Gators, Bulldogs, or just about any SEC team wouldn't have gone undefeated this year if they'd have had a cake-azz schedule like the Utes had in 2004. How do you go undefeated and go to the Fiesta bowl? By having a joke of a schedule.

I'm not "riding his jock," only stating that I believe some of you are underestimating his potential.

josiah (12/7/2007)
Again, Tebow has two years of college left. And don't think for a second that the Gators, Bulldogs, or just about any SEC team wouldn't have gone undefeated this year if they'd have had a cake-azz schedule like the Utes had in 2004. How do you go undefeated and go to the Fiesta bowl? By having a joke of a schedule.

I'm not "riding his jock," only stating that I believe some of you are underestimating his potential.

we are going to smack them Gators the next 2 years. and we will go Undefeated and win the Nat Champ. twice.