Pittsburgh Steelers

MidWest Falcon

Since I've been a fan of the NFL the Pittsburgh Steelers have been a model organization IMHO. They hire a coach and stick with him. They have created a winning formula that many NFL teams ignore. Other teams in this league decide to use the "hire & fire" method. Which means that if the coach doesn't produce immediately they are done. From Chuck Noll to the new Head Coach Mike Tomlin, the Steelers have been very loyal when it comes to players and coaches. I believe this organization needs to be a model for other teams in the NFL. Arthur please read this post :P:D:P:D

To be fair to Arthur, he mentioned both the Patriots & Steelers when he fired Jim Mora, stating that his goal was to have a coach for years, they way the model franchises do.

He said the same thing when he hired Petrino, so while I completely agree, Blank doesn't need to read this post, he already said it.

Even when they do release guys (Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Carnell Lake, Neil O'Donnell, Joey Porter, etc), they do it at just the right time.

I think the bottom line is that the organization never panics and makes moves without doing their homework and math.

Try living in PA with their fans...it is like a living **** every day around here.

L.Rover (12/7/2007)
To be fair to Arthur, he mentioned both the Patriots & Steelers when he fired Jim Mora, stating that his goal was to have a coach for years, they way the model franchises do.

He said the same thing when he hired Petrino, so while I completely agree, Blank doesn't need to read this post, he already said it.

Good to know ;) I had no idea Blank ever made a statement like this. That makes me feel a lot better.