Wade Phillips

Superfan !

This is no knock on Bobby Petrino, but remember when Reeves was fired and Wade (then our defensive coordinator), was given a curiosity interview? Nobody but YKW wanted him and look at him now,...leading the Boys to a possible NFCCG with one loss (to the Pats), all season. He may be Jerry Jones' yes man, as some would say, and he is working with better talent and a healthier team than we have in Atlanta (that's for sure), but success defined any way you want still = success.

******! :discuss:

Although i think Wade is a very good coach and would have had no problem with him here. I think Petrino would be doing just as good in Dallas as wade is. Im pretty pleased with BP as our head Coach. For the most part he has atleast kept us in all but 2 or 3 games and within a TD of winning all but 2 or 3 late in the 4th quarter. All this with a crappy o-line, ineffective QB, and a RB who's the complete opposite of what the run game is supposed to have.

Yeah, it's all Wade Phillips. I'm sure DeMarcus Ware, Terrence Newman, T.O., Tony Romo, Flozell Adams, Marion Barber, Anthony Henry, Anthony Spencer, and loads of other talented players on that team had nothing to do with it.

Wade is a great defensive mind and he's turning out to be a good HC, but you're kidding yourself if you think his early success isn't largely due to the massive amount of talent that Dallas has on their team. They do a good job of bringing in talent and keeping their good young players from getting away (unlike some teams...).

When Wade was here we had the worst defense in the league. Was it all his fault? No, our personnel didn't fit the 3-4, but my point is that you need good coaching and good players if you want to win big in this league.

At least the locker room hasn't turned on Wade Phillips yet. :unsure:

The problem when Wade was here, was that we didn't have the cap space or draft picks to give him the talent to run his 3-4 properly. We were trying to run it without the proper personnel, particularly on the DL.

Sadly for Wade, he was here at a time when the Reeves FO was at its worst, trading away too many picks and wasting too many of the picks that we had (often on players in the offense skilled positions to help YKW)...

Sorry to disagree, but BP is no Wade Phillips.

I don't have the numbers on Wade, but look at the successful teams he has been a DC on... here are a few.

As interum HC he took the Bills to playoffs and lost to TN on the Music City Miracle.

In Atlanta he changed us to a 3-4 and we beat the packers in wildcard and almost beat Philly in divisional game.

as Chargers DC he went like 14-2 last year. How are the chargers doing this year?

Dallas... looking good so far.

As we used to say in the USMC. Wade has worn out more game day socks in the NFL than BP has worn.

A coach whose teams have never won a single playoff game. Yeah that would go over real well here.

Certain coaches have trouble in post season, Schottenheimer, Levy in the SB, Cox in baseball, Dungy for a long time and Phillips to this point.

For me personally, I would rather go with someone that doesn't have that kind of cloud hovering over them.

Come on now Supes, everyone here said the same thing during Mora's first year here. I will reserve judgement on him until after his third year, because it isn't exactly like he was given a horrible team that was already on the decline. He inherited a playoff team that was built by a superbowl winning coach.

richardc (12/7/2007)
Sorry to disagree, but BP is no Wade Phillips.

I don't have the numbers on Wade, but look at the successful teams he has been a DC on... here are a few.

As interum HC he took the Bills to playoffs and lost to TN on the Music City Miracle.

In Atlanta he changed us to a 3-4 and we beat the packers in wildcard and almost beat Philly in divisional game.

as Chargers DC he went like 14-2 last year. How are the chargers doing this year?

Dallas... looking good so far.

As we used to say in the USMC. Wade has worn out more game day socks in the NFL than BP has worn.

So what you are saying is he is a great coordinator.

BruceReville (12/7/2007)
The one Reeves and Ruskell built and Mora and Co. tore down along with Gibbs.

That was Coach Jim Mora not Jim Mora Jr -- the previous poster mentioned Jim Mora Jr and I was wondering what team did he coach? :ermm:

Ah, I see. :D Your talking about the Jr. thing.

Wade got lucky. Let's give the credit to the people who deserve it. Bill Parcells, who built the team and Jason Garret the O.C. Wade would not do any better with this team than Petrino. By the way, Wade hasn't exactly been a great headcoach anywhere else. He's a very good D.C., but almost anyone could win with that team(probably not Norv Turner though lol). Look at Mike Tomlin at Pitt. Cowher built the team, he took over, and he's winning.

Superfan "! (12/7/2007)
This is no knock on Bobby Petrino, but remember when Reeves was fired and Wade (then our defensive coordinator), was given a curiosity interview? Nobody but YKW wanted him and look at him now,...leading the Boys to a possible NFCCG with one loss (to the Pats), all season. He may be Jerry Jones' yes man, as some would say, and he is working with better talent and a healthier team than we have in Atlanta (that's for sure), but success defined any way you want still = success.

******! :discuss:

YAY, you got your name back!:w00t:

atlfalcon2184 (12/7/2007)
Wade got lucky. Let's give the credit to the people who deserve it. Bill Parcells, who built the team and Jason Garret the O.C. Wade would not do any better with this team than Petrino. By the way, Wade hasn't exactly been a great headcoach anywhere else. He's a very good D.C., but almost anyone could win with that team(probably not Norv Turner though lol). Look at Mike Tomlin at Pitt. Cowher built the team, he took over, and he's winning.

YOU GOT IT RIGHT ................ BILLY PARCELLS:w00t: