Michigan wants Greg Schiano

Same Ol Falcons

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0201/712070347

Les Miles now Sean Payton?

Look, if you cats want a good gumbo recipe, check out Emeril Live. I understand you've finally come to the conclusion that coaches that spend time coaching in the south are superior to their counterparts, but you can't expect to take all our high profiled guys.

Here, give the coach over at UL-Monroe a call, he'll get a good recommendation from 'Bama.

but greg doesn't want them.. he said he is staying at rutgers.. they can't even get a guy to leave rutgers.. :w00t::w00t:

To be fair, Rutgers isn't exactly the Rutgers it used to be. If Schiano stays with them for 10+ years, they'll be the next Virginia Tech. He's had very good recruiting classes for a team that has historically bad ones.

I didn't really see Schiano as a Michigan coach overall. Although he would have been great if he could have opened up more of that NJ pipeline. I do want them to have a real defensive mind as a coach. The offense works, maybe John Tenuta, but i hear he has an aversion for the media, which would make Lloyd Carr like him.

As far as the coaching search goes, there's also a lot of pressure there that many coaches don't want to deal with. It is a national job, and some people would like to know that 8 wins a year is very acceptable. As far as Miles goes, he was in a no win situation. If he went to Michigan his expectations would have been extremely high. If he didn't win quick and soon, he would have been a huge disappointment. The school recruits itself, they need someone who will turn all that talent into something.

Headshot (12/7/2007)
but greg doesn't want them.. he said he is staying at rutgers.. they can't even get a guy to leave rutgers.. :w00t::w00t:

To be fair, Rutgers isn't exactly the Rutgers it used to be. If Schiano stays with them for 10+ years, they'll be the next Virginia Tech. He's had very good recruiting classes for a team that has historically bad ones.

the rutgers now isn't close to the job of a michigan nationally.. there is no rutger is a better job.. it isn't.. he is just doing a great job there.