Question about Brohm

falcon1fan

Why is everyone saying he will need time to develope...isnt that what Petrino did with him at louisville. If BP says hes nfl ready why would anyone have reason to doubt him. Its not like he favors players that he has coached. He didnt pick Michael Bush, who was a steal in the fourth for oakland, or Amobi Okoye. He is by far the most NFL ready of all the QBs in the draft, and if BP wants him here so do I.

-Petrino's offense does not score nor does it look good.

-Brohm said during an interview this year that THIS YEAR'S offense was more exciting.

-I can't see how Petrino and Brohm together can make this crappy offense better, unless the Falcons schedule Middle Tennessee state and a weak Miami Hurricane team b/c thats what Petrino did.

JustDogs (12/6/2007)

-Brohm said during an interview this year that THIS YEAR'S offense was more exciting.

-I can't see how Petrino and Brohm together can make this crappy offense better, unless the Falcons schedule Middle Tennessee state and a weak Miami Hurricane team b/c thats what Petrino did.

Petrino's offense doesn't look good with some scrub QB's, no offense does.

Brohm said the offense looked a little more aggressive before the year started, and we saw what happened to the team without Petrino.

Luckily we will play the Panthers and Saints, which are close.

Brohm would start AUTO, BUT he has not been really good, and we do not know if it will transfer over the NFL. yea he would be in the same system, but who knows if he is ready for the game speed, and in the NFL 1-2yrds of space between the DB is considered Open, and in the Big East wides are completely open.

GEORGIAfan (12/6/2007)
Brohm would start AUTO, BUT he has not been really good, and we do not know if it will transfer over the NFL. yea he would be in the same system, but who knows if he is ready for the game speed, and in the NFL 1-2yrds of space between the DB is considered Open, and in the Big East wides are completely open.

What is really good to you. The last two years he has been a Heisman and Obrien candidate.

His rating has been above 150 every year he has played. Here are his stats . Please tell me where he hasnt been that good.

2004 UL 66 98 67.3 819 8.4 6 2 153.7

2005 UL 207 301 68.8 2883 9.6 19 5 166.7

2006 UL 199 313 63.6 3049 9.7 16 5 159.1

2007 UL 308 473 65.1 4024 8.5 30 12 152.4

jidady (12/6/2007)
Scouts universally agree that Brohm is the most NFL-ready of the big trio of QBs.

That's everything that I have read and saw about Brohm. Brohm out of all the QB's coming outa college in the draft I would think would fit best in this Bobby Petrino offense because he knows the coaching style of play, I think he could start "If that is true". I guess if the Falcons draft him and he starts we will find out if that's true. I'm sure that Petrino will get the O-line problem fixed, that may be a coaching issue too, who's to say though. Everybody knows our O-line stinks. We shall see.......

falcon1fan (12/6/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/6/2007)

What is really good to you. The last two years he has been a Heisman and Obrien candidate.

His rating has been above 150 every year he has played. Here are his stats . Please tell me where he hasnt been that good.

2004 UL 66 98 67.3 819 8.4 6 2 153.7

see he was better last year under Petrino. i told yall he wasnt really good. im just worried that he wont transfer, because in the nfl you have to be very accurate. Big Least teams D give wides more seperation than you would ever see in the NFL.

JustDogs (12/6/2007)

powerful post

not interested in the Petrino/Brohm era

"2004 UL 66 98 67.3 819 8.4 6 2 153.7

see he was better last year under Petrino. i told yall he wasnt really good. im just worried that he wont transfer, because in the nfl you have to be very accurate. Big Least teams D give wides more seperation than you would ever see in the NFL."

Dude, I think you need to look at those stats again. You're saying you're worried about his accuracy. His worst season as a college starter (which was his last year with Petrino, by the way), he completed 63.6% of his passes. For his career, he completed 65.8% of his passes. If accuracy is your biggest concern about Brohm, you don't have a concern about him. He's the gold standard in that regard.

I'm also mystified by "i told yall he wasnt really good". How you could look at the numbers above and draw that conclusion completely escapes me. He averaged 9.1 yards an attempt over a four year period. For comparison, Ryan is at 7.0 and Woodson is at 7.4. When Brohm dropped back to pass in college, he was 30% more productive than Ryan and 23% more productive than Woodson. 9.1 yards an attempt even beats Colt Brennan's 9.0 yards per attempt in the Hawaii gimmick offense. For a conventional QB to have that type of production is stunning.

This is why almost every argument about Brohm questions abstract issues such as leadership, injuries and the like. Any statistical criticism is easily and firmly refuted.

JustDogs (12/6/2007)

1. Our offensive line is full of 2nd and 3rd stringers and our 1st stringers are washed out, underweight, or a rookie.

2. Our QB options have ranged from one of the worst QBs in NFL history. Lacking ball skills, leadership, and the mental capability to play in the NFL. Joey Harrington. We also have a human statue who throws like a pitcher that breaks easier than a toothpick. Our next guy hasn't been in the NFL for 2 of the last 3 years.

3. Our RBs are scat backs that will not be the future of Petrino's system. Dunn is Done. Norwood can break one off here or there but cannot consistantly power through the tackles, if either of them make it back to the line after getting the ball that is.

4. We have one good WR. Our other options is the ancient Horn, the split personality in Jenkins(good one day, terrible the next), and the rookie in Robinson.

You want to tell me that Petrino is supposed to score like crazy using these players? BS.

jidady (12/6/2007)

see he was better last year under Petrino. i told yall he wasnt really good. im just worried that he wont transfer, because in the nfl you have to be very accurate. Big Least teams D give wides more seperation than you would ever see in the NFL."

Dude, I think you need to look at those stats again. You're saying you're worried about his accuracy. His worst season as a college starter (which was his last year with Petrino, by the way), he completed 63.6% of his passes. For his career, he completed 65.8% of his passes. If accuracy is your biggest concern about Brohm, you don't have a concern about him. He's the gold standard in that regard.

I'm also mystified by "i told yall he wasnt really good". How you could look at the numbers above and draw that conclusion completely escapes me. He averaged 9.1 yards an attempt over a four year period. For comparison, Ryan is at 7.0 and Woodson is at 7.4. When Brohm dropped back to pass in college, he was 30% more productive than Ryan and 23% more productive than Woodson. 9.1 yards an attempt even beats Colt Brennan's 9.0 yards per attempt in the Hawaii gimmick offense. For a conventional QB to have that type of production is stunning.

This is why almost every argument about Brohm questions abstract issues such as leadership, injuries and the like. Any statistical criticism is easily and firmly refuted.

great post. also very funny. :laugh:

jidady (12/6/2007)

1st i was talking about not under petrino, and its still the Big Least. not like they are full of teams with Great Ds. he has been shut down before. and look at the team record. another thing is will it tansfer over to the NFL. completely different game speeds, and completetion means squat if he throws it on mostly short passes( ie harrington) when i say accuracy i mean his ability to get it to his wides just in the right spot. Woodson has playmakers at wideout, and they make plays for him sometimes. Brohm would be the best for US, and ive said it before, but the best QB in the draft is woodson, and None of them are worth a 1st round pick. brohm in the 2nd would work.

GEORGIAfan (12/6/2007)
jidady (12/6/2007)

1st i was talking about not under petrino, and its still the Big Least. not like they are full of teams with Great Ds. he has been shut down before. and look at the team record. another thing is will it tansfer over to the NFL. completely different game speeds, and completetion means squat if he throws it on mostly short passes( ie harrington) when i say accuracy i mean his ability to get it to his wides just in the right spot. Woodson has playmakers at wideout, and they make plays for him sometimes. Brohm would be the best for US, and ive said it before, but the best QB in the draft is woodson, and None of them are worth a 1st round pick. brohm in the 2nd would work.

wrong.

he played 6 of the top 25 pass defenses in the nation this year, and i believe he totalled 15 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in those contests. woodson played against 3 i believe, and ryan 2 or less.

and what part of "brohm is the most accurate qb in this draft" are you not comprehending? have you ever even watched him play? if you havent, that explains your questioning of his "ability to get it to his wides in just the right spot". i was hoping you werent really serious, but sadly it appears you are.

I am a die hard UK fan and I will be the first to say woodson is NOT the best in the draft. I love the kid and think he has the most upside and poteneial, but not the best. Second if you think Brohm will last until the second you really are crazy. He will br the first QB picked, and whether you believe it or not will go top 15 at the latest. There are teams who hope we have that philosophy though so they can have their next franchize QB.

Tom Melton (12/6/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/6/2007)
jidady (12/6/2007)

i watched him against UConn and he sucked. Also how do we know its going to trasfer over to the NFL, and still do not see him more than a 2nd round. yea ive see him play, and he was pretty good, but his wides got opened, and like i said in the NFL open is like 2yrds of seperation. in college thats covered.

wrong.

he played 6 of the top 25 pass defenses in the nation this year, and i believe he totalled 15 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in those contests. woodson played against 3 i believe, and ryan 2 or less.

and what part of "brohm is the most accurate qb in this draft" are you not comprehending? have you ever even watched him play? if you havent, that explains your questioning of his "ability to get it to his wides in just the right spot". i was hoping you werent really serious, but sadly it appears you are.

"1st i was talking about not under petrino, and its still the Big Least. not like they are full of teams with Great Ds. he has been shut down before. and look at the team record. another thing is will it tansfer over to the NFL. completely different game speeds, and completetion means squat if he throws it on mostly short passes( ie harrington) when i say accuracy i mean his ability to get it to his wides just in the right spot. Woodson has playmakers at wideout, and they make plays for him sometimes. Brohm would be the best for US, and ive said it before, but the best QB in the draft is woodson, and None of them are worth a 1st round pick. brohm in the 2nd would work."

Louisville's record isn't an indication of Brohm's play. If you've seen Louisville play, you know that there defense is absolutely terrible. And all of the QBs, including Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, etc. will have to adjust to NFL game speed. So that should be a concern for all of the QBs, not just Brohm.

falcon1fan (12/6/2007)
I am a die hard UK fan and I will be the first to say woodson is NOT the best in the draft. I love the kid and think he has the most upside and poteneial, but not the best. Second if you think Brohm will last until the second you really are crazy. He will br the first QB picked, and whether you believe it or not will go top 15 at the latest. There are teams who hope we have that philosophy though so they can have their next franchize QB.

i used to think Woodson was overrated, and brohm was the best, but i saw what woodson could do, and im amazed. UK D blows, and yall do not have alot of great playmakers at wides. the 2nd best player is probably little, who is a monster on the outside. Brohm is probably going to be a pretty good NFL qb, but i think we could do better in the later rounds, like chase daniel or dennis dixon. 1st should be used for glenn dorsey or jake long.

Woodson isnt overated, he is just raw. I like little, but woodson does have Keenan Burton And Dickey Lyons jr. Both are very good, and burton will be a day 1 pick. Tamme is another weapon at TE and is one of the best in the sec. Woodson has plenty of tools, and I would love to see Wesley Woodyard come to the falcons to shore up the MLB.

falcon1fan (12/6/2007)
Woodson isnt overated, he is just raw. I like little, but woodson does have Keenan Burton And Dickey Lyons jr. Both are very good, and burton will be a day 1 pick. Tamme is another weapon at TE and is one of the best in the sec. Woodson has plenty of tools, and I would love to see Wesley Woodyard come to the falcons to shore up the MLB.

i aid USED to, but his wides do make plays for him, which made me think that brohm would be better. im still not sure who the best is. but its either woodson or brohm matt cryin sucks.

Tom Melton (12/6/2007)
actually, he completed almost 71% of his passes against a very good uconn pass defense, but had 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions, which is the only reason anyone percieves it as bad. he had his team in the game though, but didnt get much help from his supporting cast as usual.

o see i didnt know he had sucks a high percentage. i would still rather get a QB in the later rounds if any, and use the early picks to fix our major problems, but if we had to get a qb early id say brohm, because he could possible start right from the start. we should get harry douglas, because he could be our wes walker, and DJ hall, because he would replace jenkins.