On 680 the fan, they said UCLA wants to interview Jim Mora jr

nativefalcon

Snakecharmer (12/6/2007)
He would be an awesome coach for them, no doubt. His type of attitude would work great at the college level. I really think he's still holding out for the Washington job though.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jim Mora Jr. is a great DB Coach period end of story. He has never even been a coordinator.

Demetrius Dew (12/6/2007)
Snakecharmer (12/6/2007)
He would be an awesome coach for them, no doubt. His type of attitude would work great at the college level. I really think he's still holding out for the Washington job though.

Jim Mora Jr. is a great DB Coach period end of story. He has never even been a coordinator.

:blink: ? He was the 49ers D coordinator before coming to Atlanta...

Snakecharmer (12/6/2007)

Actually, no. Baby Mora was DC in San Fran under Steve Mariucci.

Snakecharmer (12/6/2007)

Umm...he has NFL head coaching experience...who cares that he's never been a coordinator? Despite the resentment most Falcons fans hold towards Mora, he was actually pretty **** successful while he was here...you know, considering he WAS coaching the Atlanta Falcons.

There was nothing wrong with Mora's attitude, it just wasn't the right fit for the players we had. The players we had were all about themselves, and had virtually no discipline...and Mora didn't have the attitude to change that. There are plenty of successful coaches in the NFL who are just as laid back as Mora was, it just didn't work for our team. He will be a GREAT head coach at the college level though, bank on that.

Umm...he has NFL head coaching experience...who cares that he's never been a coordinator? Despite the resentment most Falcons fans hold towards Mora, he was actually pretty **** successful while he was here...you know, considering he WAS coaching the Atlanta Falcons.

There was nothing wrong with Mora's attitude, it just wasn't the right fit for the players we had. The players we had were all about themselves, and had virtually no discipline...and Mora didn't have the attitude to change that. There are plenty of successful coaches in the NFL who are just as laid back as Mora was, it just didn't work for our team. He will be a GREAT head coach at the college level though, bank on that.

He was coaching with someone else team (Dan Reeves) As his record reflects after his first year. Not ready to be a Head Coach IMO.

vickfalcons23 (12/7/2007)
IMO Jim Mora would be a good college coach. I believe his personality fits that very well.

dO I really even need to say anything?

:hehe::hehe:

Nope.. UCLA needs a coach with some personality.. dorrell didn't have a personality.. lol

Mora is an assistant pro coach. He knows he's not head coach material, which is why he's an assistant pro coach. I will acknowlege that the guy has great charisma if that's what UCLA wants.

Mora is a goofball. 1. Cellphone @ Bucs game b/c he was clueless. 2. Dreaming of coaching a 2nd tier college team thousands of miles away. 3. Caught grinning on camera and kissing his players helmets while his team was getting thumped by Philly backups. 4. Everything else that wasn't caught by the media.

He's an assistant coach at best.

gobige (12/7/2007)
Mora is not an assistant pro coach. He knows he's not head coach material, which is why he's an assistant pro coach. I will acknowlege that the guy has great charisma if that's what UCLA wants.

Mora is a goofball. 1. Cellphone @ Bucs game b/c he was clueless. 2. Dreaming of coaching a 2nd tier college team thousands of miles away. 3. Caught grinning on camera and kissing his players helmets while his team was getting thumped by Philly backups. 4. Everything else that wasn't caught by the media.

Agreed

Personality & Energy will not win you games in college or the pros. Personality & Energy will win you games in Pop Warner though.:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Demetrius Dew (12/7/2007)
gobige (12/7/2007)
Mora is not an assistant pro coach. He knows he's not head coach material, which is why he's an assistant pro coach. I will acknowlege that the guy has great charisma if that's what UCLA wants.

Agreed

Personality & Energy will not win you games in college or the pros. Personality & Energy will win you games in Pop Warner though.:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

That's simply not true. Personality & Energy will win you a ton of games at the college level. Look at Pete Carrol, Mark Richt, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Butch Davis in the past, Joe Paterno, Mack Brown etc. All these guys are high energy, high personality guys who succeed because as a college athlete, that's what kind of mentor you look for. I can't figure out why anyone would want to play for Nick Saban or Lloyd Carr or Charlie Weiss as an 18 year old kid, but I would love to play for any of the previously mentioned guys.

Mora is going to be a very good coach at the college level. He's an intelligent guy with great personality and energy, and kids will easily gravitate towards that kind of coach in college.

As long as he doesn't have Ed Donatell or Greg Knapp as his coordinators, he'll do just fine.