I'm In Iraq...

Goodoleboy58

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
yall are my web friends and I can't tell my real friends... so I just wanted to let yall know this is the closest I've been to reality since July... thanks for letting me share this with yall haha

Nice! Drink up, you deserve it! :cool: Now if only could only find a $5 hooker....?

Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
yall are my web friends and I can't tell my real friends... so I just wanted to let yall know this is the closest I've been to reality since July... thanks for letting me share this with yall haha

Since you are a soldier close to the situation...

What would you say if a politician said we had to get out of Iraq completely tomorrow. I mean EVERYBODY (all US soldiers).

Would that be good for the long term stability of the middle east and for our country?

SB - lighten up! The man said he just scored a bottle of Jack! At least let him get a drink or two in him b4 you start peppering him w/philosophical questions. It's much easier to answer those kinds of things w/a good buzz on... :)

PS - Thanks for your svc. Goodoleboy & congrats on your score!

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

Just make sure you drink it OFF DUTY.

Stay alert over there!

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

What would you say if a politician said we had to get out of Iraq completely tomorrow. I mean EVERYBODY (all US soldiers).

Would that be good for the long term stability of the middle east and for our country?

Steve... you know I'm hommedepoulet playing you in the q-league this week right...

and for your question here is my position... I've been in the Army since October 2001.. I joined the army dep program in august 2001... i'd be lying to you if i told you I was sold out for the cause at the time... My MOS (military occupation specialty, in effect job in the army) is 25S (satellite communications) I go to school for a year (41 weeks) to learn to do what I do in the army... in OIF 1 (operation iraqi freedom 1) we did alot of convoys saw alot of foreign nationals (iraqi's) and did alot of good... there were certain areas of the country that hated us... Baghdad Tikrit.. etc.. but the majority of the country isn't funded by the government and is literally poor as #####... when i first rolled up in here in march 2003 there was little girls on the side of the road begging for water with no shoes on in 130 degree plus weather... how can you not throw that little girl a bottle of water... now these days things are atleast more civilized alot like the steps South Korea has made... I understand as a Soldier that Iraq is probably going to be the next South Korea... as a 6+ year soldier who could retire in 14 years am I staying in? No... Do I believe in the war in Iraq... Yes... Do I want to have to come back here again and leave my wife again.. No... But My decisions aren't neccessarily in line with the desires of the government... But as for the Iraqi people it'd be equivalent to the people in rome/acworth/calhoun/kennesaw loving us... and Atlanta with all the revenue hating us and wanting us out so they dont have to share the revenue...

Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)
You deserve it man but be careful, I knew a few when I was over there who got busted w/the sauce and they shipped their ***** home.

dont worry good fella there is a convoy coming in tonight but im not involved... I appreciate yalls support I was just excited and have really no one else to share this with other then my virtual friends.. all though we share a common bond.. the lowly falcons lol

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

Steve... you know I'm hommedepoulet playing you in the q-league this week right...

OH! I didn't realize that. I'm not looking forward to going up against LT2 and Adrian Peterson. Go easy on me!

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

and for your question here is my position... I've been in the Army since October 2001.. I joined the army dep program in august 2001... i'd be lying to you if i told you I was sold out for the cause at the time... My MOS (military occupation specialty, in effect job in the army) is 25S (satellite communications) I go to school for a year (41 weeks) to learn to do what I do in the army... in OIF 1 (operation iraqi freedom 1) we did alot of convoys saw alot of foreign nationals (iraqi's) and did alot of good... there were certain areas of the country that hated us... Baghdad Tikrit.. etc.. but the majority of the country isn't funded by the government and is literally poor as #####... when i first rolled up in here in march 2003 there was little girls on the side of the road begging for water with no shoes on in 130 degree plus weather... how can you not throw that little girl a bottle of water... now these days things are atleast more civilized alot like the steps South Korea has made... I understand as a Soldier that Iraq is probably going to be the next South Korea... as a 6+ year soldier who could retire in 14 years am I staying in? No... Do I believe in the war in Iraq... Yes... Do I want to have to come back here again and leave my wife again.. No... But My decisions aren't neccessarily in line with the desires of the government... But as for the Iraqi people it'd be equivalent to the people in rome/acworth/calhoun/kennesaw loving us... and Atlanta with all the revenue hating us and wanting us out so they dont have to share the revenue...

Nice answer. I appreciate that. I can't imagine the sacrifice of being away from you wife for that long but I do appreciate what you are doing over there! My prayers go to you and your wife! Did you ever fly to Iraq on a C-17? If so, you may have seen my brother. He's been over there many times and used to stay with his airplane wherever it went.

lol well the latest ride I had with gunners were in a Chinook and the 2 gunners were asleep the whole ride lol... and then I rode a Sherpa... which is a fixed wing aircraft and they were pretty squared away lol... lol

morphy (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
morphy (12/6/2007)
Wow, you scored it on the day after repeal day too! :) Drink up, man!

morphy you in august too right? im stationed at the ft gordon... my wifey is in hidden lakes townhomes hoss

Nope, my brother lives in Augusta though. :)

really? i always thought you were here in the AUG

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)
Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

OH! I didn't realize that. I'm not looking forward to going up against LT2 and Adrian Peterson. Go easy on me!

Goodoleboy58 (12/6/2007)

Nice answer. I appreciate that. I can't imagine the sacrifice of being away from you wife for that long but I do appreciate what you are doing over there! My prayers go to you and your wife! Did you ever fly to Iraq on a C-17? If so, you may have seen my brother. He's been over there many times and used to stay with his airplane wherever it went.

lol well the latest ride I had with gunners were in a Chinook and the 2 gunners were asleep the whole ride lol... and then I rode a Sherpa... which is a fixed wing aircraft and they were pretty squared away lol... lol

lol what the heck does that mean