Redman is starting

gjg554

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

atlfalcon2184 (12/6/2007)
Thank God. I just heard this too. Maybe this offense can get something going. I can't wait to watch. I think Roddy will have a big game.

Thats the exact thing idiots were saying when Lefty was announced to be the starter. He's Chris freaking Redman for crying out loud, I would be suprised if he played any better than Harrington has played.

The Falcon Ace (12/6/2007)
That was ESPN, not the AJC. I didn't think they were spinning anything or taking shots at Petrino, I thought it was really a decent article.

Ahh my bad! I just saw Len Pasquarelli and didnt realise someone else would employ him!:w00t:

It's just bits like

sagging offense

little-used

quarterback carousel

Redman, 29, played well in relief of Harrington last Sunday, completing 16 of 24 passes for 172 yards, with one touchdown pass and one interception against St. Louis. (I was sure Redman passes for 2 but I guess Lenny knows what he is talking about and it was a bit better than "well")

londonfalcon (12/6/2007)
That was ESPN, not the AJC. I didn't think they were spinning anything or taking shots at Petrino, I thought it was really a decent article.

Ahh my bad! I just saw Len Pasquarelli and didnt realise someone else would employ him!:w00t:

It's just bits like

sagging offense

little-used

quarterback carousel

Redman, 29, played well in relief of Harrington last Sunday, completing 16 of 24 passes for 172 yards, with one touchdown pass and one interception against St. Louis. (I was sure Redman passes for 2 but I guess Lenny knows what he is talking about and it was a bit better than "well")

How the **** do you want him to describe the Falcon's offense??

londonfalcon (12/6/2007)
I hate the negative spin the AJC puts on Atlanta.

They hint Petrino doesnt know what he is doing "the starting his 5th QB in 7 games". What the **** was he meant to do - keep Byron on an operating trolly and put him on the field!!!

I was just talking about this method earlier on another forum and I just used this as an example...glad somebody else noticed it. It used to create more drama...that is all. Wonder why Lenny P didn't say "5th QB this season" or "5th QB in the past 12 games"???......cause "5th in the past 7" is more dramatic.

I aint to worried about how he is describing the Falcons, I just hate the inaccuraciies that are prevelant in reporting nowadays.

londonfalcon (12/6/2007)
I hate the negative spin the AJC puts on Atlanta.

They hint Petrino doesnt know what he is doing "the starting his 5th QB in 7 games". What the **** was he meant to do - keep Byron on an operating trolly and put him on the field!!!

I'm with you on the AJC spin. I moved here fairly recently and wondered if it's always been this bad, or if it's a case of 'piling-on' since the Vick dogfighting/locker room dissention, etc.

Anyway.....

Exactly who does the AJC think we should start? It isn't like Peyton Manning/Tom Brady are wearing Falcons uniforms.

I'm glad the Redman is getting a chance. I was a fan when he was at U of L ---hope that he has a great game, throws several TD passes and leads us to a win over the Aint's.

Good. Now if he plays well we have a #2 for next season.

Honestly I think Byron Leftwich could have been a great QB had he been able to stay healthy, but that just didn't work out. And Joey is just bad. He put up moderately decent numbers this year, but the thing is that he has always done that (and his teams have always lost). His play consists of this- taking sacks, throwing checkdown routes, and not converting when we need it.

I dont care if Redman throws a pick or two and makes a couple mistakes... Im not expecting him to be Tom Brady. I think we just need a guy who somewhat resembles a QB that can actually make plays and play with a little heart.

Why not start Redman? For that matter I am all for treating these remaining games as an early preseason for next year.

Start all the guys who havent been given enough experience and see how they fare.

Use the remaining time this year to determine who is worth being on the team next year.

Give Snelling a shot and some of the younger guys. We might find a diamond in the rough.

Let Jennings play WR he certainly isnt going to make the team as a returner.

twon719 (12/6/2007)
londonfalcon (12/6/2007)

It's just bits like

sagging offense

little-used

quarterback carousel

How the **** do you want him to describe the Falcon's offense??

Its how he reports.

To say 5 QBs in 7 games is stupid, when you've had injuries and Redman will only be the 3rd different QB.

And Redmans near 200 yards in a quarter was impressive.

AND GETTING THE NUMBER OF TOUCHDOWNS RIGHT WOULD BE GOOD.

But hey, I guess your in Pastabelies fan club.:w00t:

After re watching the game several times London, I will be happy to report that you were correct in thinking Pastabelly was wrong with the TD's because Roddy caught a beautiful pass from redman as did Jenkins.

Edit: Redman would have been picked off had he chose Alge of the batted ball. The next play, however, that Horn dropped may have been a completion to Alge on a slant where I think he could have ran the guy covering him over for the first.