How much improvement can we realistically expect in 2008?

fansince78

Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)
If they draft Brohm in the first then OL in the 2nd rd, then it is possible. B/c the defense just needs sme tweaking, not a complete overhaul like the Offense.

A rookie QB will get us from worst to first? Pass me some of that cool aid... It must be spiked...

Need a QB, man. And the ones we have now aren't the answer.

Brohm....

Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
If they draft Brohm in the first then OL in the 2nd rd, then it is possible. B/c the defense just needs sme tweaking, not a complete overhaul like the Offense.

A rookie QB will get us from worst to first? Pass me some of that cool aid... It must be spiked...

No kidding. :D

If we draft a QB with our first pick then plan on more 3-4 win seasons while we wait for the QB to develop.

Basically you better hope Blank is patient enough to sit through 3 more losing seasons if you like Petrino as head coach. Otherwise he'll fire him and then what was the point in drafting Brohm?

atlfalcon2184 (12/6/2007)
Petrino's not going anywhere for a while. The only good that could come out of drafting Brohm(which I don't think we will anyway) for next season, is that he already knows the offense. He would start within the first couple of games, if not the first game.
Why won't we draft Brohm?

And which QB will we draft instead?

atlfalcon2184 (12/6/2007)
Petrino's not going anywhere for a while. The only good that could come out of drafting Brohm(which I don't think we will anyway) for next season, is that he already knows the offense. He would start within the first couple of games, if not the first game.

He would still be a rookie. He would still need to adjust to the speed of NFL defenses as well as the grind of the NFL season.

I don't think his knowledge of the system is going to make that much of a difference in his first year. Maybe year two.

Then there's also adjusting to the whole NFL lifestyle and then there will be the CONSTANT comparisons to Vick.

I think that people are also overlooking the fact that Bobby Petrino will need to adjust his "system" in order to win in the NFL. The so called "system" has been made up of some really poor play calling in 2007. Some things that may have worked in college, but won't work at this level.

If Petrino stays (which I am still not sure he will), it won't be the same "system" nest season that we saw this season and certainly won't be the same one Brohm is familiar with. Bobby can either adjust his "system" or systematically plan his failure as an NFL coach.

fansince78 (12/6/2007)
I think that people are also overlooking the fact that Bobby Petrino will need to adjust his "system" in order to win in the NFL. The so called "system" has been made up of some really poor play calling in 2007. Some things that may have worked in college, but won't work at this level.

If Petrino stays (which I am still not sure he will), it won't be the same "system" nest season that we saw this season and certainly won't be the same one Brohm is familiar with. Bobby can either adjust his "system" or systematically plan his failure as an NFL coach.

What is this terrible play calling you speak of?

When he doesn't run it up the gut even though we have failed miserably on a consistant bases on short yardage push?

When he punted in the last minutes of the Saints game on 4th and long when we had all our timeouts and our defense was making stops?

When he ran the same WR screen the Colts ran like 5 times in their last game?

Please do tell me, since I am sure you know proper NFL play calling and Petrino is just some clueless Falcons board member.

fansince78 (12/6/2007)

Well it's kind of hard to institue your system when you don't have the players to run that system. And Petrino covets hogs on the line and a power RB. We don't have that right now. He can only do so much when your QB play sucks.

Gotta give him at least 3 years to get his people in here and in the system before you can make that determination.

And Bobby will be here next season.

I will not speculate on which QB we take and when I just hope that we take someone worthy as well as addressing the O-Line. I think that with whoever they trot out there, the improvement will probably be 7-9, 8-8 if they get a few breaks and win a close one or two. But that's all I expect....this way when we win the division I will be happily surprised:P

The Falcon Ace (12/6/2007)
Redman won't be The Man.

Care to lend me your crystal ball. He may be, he may not. There isn't anything you know that I don't about Chris Redman. Unless you are watching him in practice, I would like to know how you are so certain that he will be a bust.

Then why is he a 30-yr.old journeyman who was selling insurance at this time last year?

He's not the answer.

• 3 years later...