Josh Johnson Out of U of San Diego

He had one of the best seasons ever for a QB that I can remember. 43 or 49 TDs and only 1 INT. I think he had 70%+ completion % too.

He did it against garbage competition, but heck....so did Tony Romo.

His downside besides lack of competition, is his frail build. He is 6'3" or 6'4", but only about 190 lbs. Moves well in the pocket too.

I like Joe Flacco if we go DII, but this guy will likely be around later in the draft than Flacco. Smith from Tulsa is another one I would be all for in the last couple rounds to develop in case our other QB option doesnt work.

Josh Johnson is 4th on my QB board

saw him play live twice in SD this yr

good decision maker, pretty accurate & hes pretty mobile, size is the same as Dixon. Needs to put on about 15 more lbs..

great talent, only concern would be that he only plays cupcake talent so you never truly know how good he really is.. Would be a phenomenal pick up in the 4th-5th round.

I guess that could be said for Brennan/Brohm too

1. Woodson

2. Dixon

3. Brennan

4. Josh Johnson

1989fan (12/6/2007)
He had one of the best seasons ever for a QB that I can remember. 43 or 49 TDs and only 1 INT. I think he had 70%+ completion % too.

His downside besides lack of competition, is his frail build. He is 6'3" or 6'4", but only about 190 lbs. Moves well in the pocket too.

I like Joe Flacco if we go DII, but this guy will likely be around later in the draft than Flacco. Smith from Tulsa is another one I would be all for in the last couple rounds to develop in case our other QB option doesnt work.

I wouldn't mind Smith at all as backup in case Brohm falters, but I'm reluctant to go D-II. Romo is the exception.

Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)

I wouldn't mind Smith at all as backup in case Brohm falters, but I'm reluctant to go D-II. Romo is the exception.

I agree. I wouldnt want any D-II guy as my only option. I am actually not a fan of Johnson myself, just giving info.

Are you PIT & ATL from the old boards? Your posts seem similar.

1989fan (12/6/2007)

PS has a cannon

1989fan (12/6/2007)
Steelers/Dawgs6481 (12/6/2007)

I agree. I wouldnt want any D-II guy as my only option. I am actually not a fan of Johnson myself, just giving info.

Are you PIT & ATL from the old boards? Your posts seem similar.

That'd be me...:w00t:

chitow2atl_falcon (12/6/2007)
Does anyone know anything about of Josh Johnson out of the University of San Diego. I've seen his name mentioned here and there. He could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Does anyone know if he's projected to be drafted? If so, what round?

I haven't seen him play and really do not know anything about him but that he was ranked #11 in preseason college polls and # 11 in pro "next year's best polls". So if they turn out to be accurate, there may be better choices available in the 3-4 rounds.

vickfalcons23 (12/8/2007)
Same Ol Falcons (12/7/2007)
Paul Smith is **** good - I said at the beginning of the year taht you wouldn't hear much about him but I really think once the combine rolls around people will know this kid

ill give you credit, we spoke about PS in the beginning of the year.

Texas= 1 hit wonders

Every now and then I get one right but not too often

41-38