MY MOCK DRAFT

admaxwell

This team has a lot of holes. We trade out of our high first round for a late top ten pick perferable #10 for their second round pick

Round 1- FS/SS Kenny Phillps ( Miami)

Round 2- DT Frank Oham ( Texas)

Round 2 - LT Micheal Oher ( Ole Miss)

Round 2 - RB Jon Stewart ( Oregon)

Round 3 - OLB Marcus Freeman( Ohio State)

Round 4 - OG Jordan Grimes ( Purdue)

Round 4 - MLB Jasper Brinkley(hopefully he is fully healed and decides to enter the draft)

Round 5 - OG Andrew Bain ( Miami -this guy can and will help any team run game/330pound)

Round 6 -

Round 6 - FS- Bobbie Williams( Bethune-Cookman -Developmental talent)

Round 7 - PK - Jeremy Ito -Rutgers

Had to fix it.

This team has a lot of holes. We trade out of our high first round for a late top ten pick preferable #10 for their second round pick

Round 1- FS/SS Kenny Phillips ( Miami)

Round 2 - LT Michael Oher ( Ole Miss)

Round 2 - RB John Stewart ( Oregon)

Round 4 - MLB Jasper Brinkley(hopefully he is fully healed and decides to enter the draft)

Round 5 - WR Marcus Monk ( Arkansas - lets hope he stays around this long)

Round 6 - OG Andrew Bain ( Miami -this guy can and will help any team run game/330pound)

First most falcons fans act like drafting a QB will solve 90% of the problems on this team. I think with harrington and shockley on the roster next season playing behind a much improved oline will pay off greatly. We have lost 3 games this season behind bad oline play. I'm not saying we don't need a QB but what I am saying is we can wait and draft in 09

Second I'm drafting a OLB because we have no quality depth on this team what so ever.

Last, looking at most mock draft people seem to feel Stewart will fall into the second.

We have to draft a QB, unless we pull off some crazy trade for Anderson or Quinn, which isn't going to happen. Harrington and Shockley probably aren't the long-term answer. After we draft a QB there going to have to sit, and learn the offense first. So waiting another year to draft a QB just prolongs what we are trying to do. JMO though.

admaxwell (12/6/2007)
First most falcons fans act like drafting a QB will solve 90% of the problems on this team. I think with harrington and shockley on the roster next season playing behind a much improved oline will pay off greatly. We have lost 3 games this season behind bad oline play. I'm not saying we don't need a QB but what I am saying is we can wait and draft in 09

Second I'm drafting a OLB because we have no quality depth on this team what so ever.

Last, looking at most mock draft people seem to feel Stewart will fall into the second.

You lost me when you said Harrington and SHockley

For the last time. We don't need to draft or trade for a QB this season. I can't understand for the life of me why most falcon fans think we need to draft a QB in 08. With all the holes on this team the QB position is the least of my concerns. Good teams like the NE, Eagles, INDY, have a great supporting cast around their start QB because they know no matter how good your QB is he is only good to be as effective as the talent around him. So lets do the smart thing and start to rebuild this team from the inside-out and not the out-side. MOST OF YOU FANS ON THIS MB ACT AS IF THIS TEAM IS OR HAS BEEN ONE OR TWO PLAYERS OFF FROM MAKING THE SB.

And for the record I have watched all the falcons games this season and I can say that the oline has cost us three games this season. We should be 6-6. Lets just say that if that was to be our draft we would go 9-7 or 10-6 in 08. Other teams like the ravens and bucs have managed to win the big game with a big time QB why can't we.

I'll tell you what, if the Falcons don't draft a QB in the draft, or sign a FA QB, I will buy you a steak dinner. You're crazy if you don't think the Falcons need a QB. In case you didn't notice Harrington isn't getting it done, nor has he anywhere he's been. I realize there are many holes on this team, including the OL, but a QB is a must. Also, when you draft a QB it takes time to learn the offense, and get used to the speed of the game. Waiting another year for a QB would be foolish. We need to draft a QB, whether it be Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, etc., as well as draft some pieces on the OL. Then in 2009, the OL should be much improved, and the new QB can come in and start with a solid team in front of him.

admaxwell (12/6/2007)
Had to fix it.

This team has a lot of holes. We trade out of our high first round for a late top ten pick preferable #10 for their second round pick

Round 1- FS/SS Kenny Phillips ( Miami)

Round 2 - LT Michael Oher ( Ole Miss)

Round 2 - RB John Stewart ( Oregon)

Round 5 - WR Marcus Monk ( Arkansas - lets hope he stays around this long)

Round 6 - OG Andrew Bain ( Miami -this guy can and will help any team run game/330pound)

I have been a long time proponent of drafting Kenny Phillips. I think that he is a good bet for stardom. I like the attention paid to the defensive side of the ball....good thinking.

I disagree that we don't need to look at QB. However, I don't necessarily think that we have to use our early first rounder on a QB. Joe Flacco is an interesting developmental guy. As far as the FA/trade route, I think that Andrew Walter is a good candidate.

The Brinkley pick may not happen because he is petitioning for another year in college. Monk is a talent but we may also look to Free Agency to cover that need.

If we take Phillips, I would roll the dice and trade Hall for another first rounder. Our second first rounder could be used to draft our QB or to take the best OG on the board (Duke Robinson or Jeremy Perry).

admaxwell (12/6/2007)
For the last time. We don't need to draft or trade for a QB this season. I can't understand for the life of me why most falcon fans think we need to draft a QB in 08.

Well it might be because every QB on the current roster sucks is why fans think we need to draft a QB. Shockley? You must be joking to think D.J. is the heir to the throne. What has D.J. done to anoint him to greatness? Absolutely nothing and had he not been hurt would have been cut in the preseason.