TheFalconshatetheirfans (12/6/2007)
Dr Ballz (12/6/2007)
the_dane (12/6/2007)
Dan Reeves did get a fair chance to prove what he could do with the team.... Maybe we should give Petrino a fair chance too.

Reeves was fired before the season ended. How is that a fair chance?

Arthur Blank has fired every coach that has worked for him after one losing season. It probably won't happen this time but that's what went down with Reeves and Mora.

Mora was fired after two losing seasons in a row. Seasons in which the team started off strong, then fell apart by the end. No real surprise that was going to happen.

No. Mora had an 8-8 season. That is technically not a losing season and not a winning season.

Therefore Mora was fired after one losing season which followed an 8-8 season.

Personally I consider 8-8 a losing season but technically it's not. ;)

Dan Reeves will be a hall of fame manager. However, it is my opinion that AB had to have his own man in as head coach. there are those that do not understand that each coach has his own system that requires different personnel to make it go. You have to understand that each coaching change will require at least 3 years to become successful. Those of you thinking that you can judge Petrino as a head coach after the loss of a franchise QB and a horrible rash of injuries are either clueless or idiots.

Dr Ballz (12/6/2007)
the_dane (12/6/2007)
Dan Reeves did get a fair chance to prove what he could do with the team.... Maybe we should give Petrino a fair chance too.

Reeves was fired before the season ended. How is that a fair chance?

Arthur Blank has fired every coach that has worked for him after one losing season. It probably won't happen this time but that's what went down with Reeves and Mora.

Dan Reeves wasn't a first year coach when he got fired .... He had his chance and did a lot of good and did some bad ... FO let him go, when he couldn't lead the team anymore. But after 5 or 6 years of being the HC of this team, I do believe he did get a fair chance!

Mora got fired because he made the "coaching college" remark ... Would you keep a leader, who would rather be somewhere else and had his father make the remarks he did about your teams franchise QB (as it turn out, it wasn't coaches he killed :( )????

I'm not ready to throw Petrino under a bus just yet .... Give him a fair chance!

Lets make one thing clear ...

I loved Dan Reeves as our HC :exclamationmark:.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i do believe that Dan Reeves used a spread offence simular to the one Petrino is running. Dan Reeves did have the power back, that Petrino lacks as well as a decent O-line.

Funny how we went to the NFCCG with basically Reeves' team in 2004,after he was fired in 2003.I honestly think that if Dan was our coach that season,we would've at least went to the superbowl,but im not going to get into that............

... and we got dominated by an Eagles team that was the 7th or 8th best team in the NFL.

The NFC was very poor in 2004. We made the mistkes of thinking that we were a better team than we really were, based on 2004, and ended up making 2 years worth of horrible short sighted decisons trying to get over the top. That is one of the primary reasons why we are in this mess.

Funny how we went to the NFCCG with basically Reeves' team in 2004,after he was fired in 2003.I honestly think that if Dan was our coach that season,we would've at least went to the superbowl,but im not going to get into that............

Well Mora did something with a Reeves team that Reeves couldn't do -- WIN! Reeves had 2 winning seasons out of 7

Reeves had an assistant head coach named Wade Phillips who is 11-1 now, Blank made a huge blunder in not keeping both (Or Wade) and taking most of the GM powers away from Dan. Reeves 1999 downfall was when prima dona Jam Anderson wanted to hold out (not contract year) and we had to pay him the money we would have given for 3 starting better than average O-linemen we lost as a result. Better FO handeling of that would have changed the franchise and we would have said Mora Jr. who?

nativefalcon (12/6/2007)
I always believe in giving somebody a chance, but right now it doesn't look good. It reminds me too much of Spurrier in Washington. He had a owner that would give him anything he wanted too. Next year will be the deciding point. If Petrino stays. ;)

As far as Reeves vs Petrino. REEVES HANDS DOWN. ;) but time will tell ;)

You use more winks than that Michael Angee or whatever his name was from the last forum.

How do you fiqure that the fans had a part in it? I think he was fired, because he only had 2 winning seasons out of 7, or that he had problem with in game adjustments. Also, don't you think if Reeves was all that, then he would have been hired by someone else by now. I think Blank wants to win, and wants to do it with the personnel that he sees fit. Not with hold overs from the sorry Smith regime.

the owner fired him because he wanted instant success,now you have 1 winng season out of 4, (so much for instant success), and dont expect it for another 3 to 4 seasons, and dont confuse a winning season with a super bowl team

• 2 years later...

I agree,

Blank was a total idiot for firing our alltime best coach at the time, I was really furious..and I also agree that we'd probably have went to the big game that season with reeves' team. being coached by him As far as drafting goes, mckay jobbed this franchise with an NFL IQ south of ********.

Edited by osiruz