Frequently Asked Questions

TJ M

Hello all,

As we approach the end of week 1 of the new message boards, we wanted to take a second to address some Frequently Asked Questions:

I Still can't login! Help! -- Many of you are still not able to log in to the forums. If this is affecting you, you can browse to the login page (http://life.atlantafalcons.com/reader/app/nf/login.aspx), type in the email address you used on the old boards, and click "Email my password". This will send you your password that can use to access the new and improved message boards

What if I no longer have that e-mail address -- If you can't login AND you no longer have access to the e-mail address you used on the old message boards you will have to register for a new account here http://life.atlantafalcons.com/community/a...ptwiz/step.aspx. After you've registered, you can request that we "merge" your old profile with your new profile through the report a bug link.

How come my post count didn't get updated? -- Yesterday we ran an update that restored the post count for most of you. We realize that some of you were not updated. We're working as fast as we can to get everyone's post count updated. But this may take a little bit of time as we attempt to reconcile anyone who created a new profile to their old profile.

Why didn't my username update take? -- In isolated incidents, it might be possible for your username not to be updated in the forums. If this is the case, please wait a few minutes and try again. If it still doesn't update, please use the report a bug link to notify us of your problem.

I can't use HTML any more? -- Sorry, but we had to remove the ability to use HTML because of formatting issues. IFCode allows you to get basic formatting without the risk of corrupting the performance and usability of the forums

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ M (12/6/2007)

I can't use HTML any more? -- Sorry, but we had to remove the ability to use HTML because of formatting issues. IFCode allows you to get basic formatting without the risk of corrupting the performance and usability of the forums

Then how are some peeps embedding YouTube vids into their posts?

FalconAnarchist (12/10/2007)
birdweiserrr (12/9/2007)
I've used the "report a bug" feature several times asking about my user name. Its never been birdweiserrr. It always been BirdWeisErrr. Is this a problem that is being worked on? Or is this something I'm stuck with?

I've done that and its right (BirdWeisErrr) there, but not here. That method simply doesn't work.

You should be able to change that yourself, click on Home at the very top of the page (next to NewsReader) click Profile, then click Personal Info and change your nickname and click the box next to it.

Can one of the mods tell me why when I click on my profile nothing is in it? I can't even get an avatar.

I tried to report it as a bug but I always get this error on the bug link:

PageLoad: System.Exception: ParseBasicUserTags: The file "isilon01blogsportblogsuseruserfilesE805E805BEC7-CB81-491B-90F9-581BBBC52969profile{854BD729-1E46-4FCF-ADF4-B81AD7D97CF3}profilephoto.jpg" already exists. at PortObjects.TemplateUtilities.ParseBasicUserTags(String sContent, UserPartner oUP, Partner oPartner) at community.template.tptemail.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

A bug in the bug link :crazy:

kaizer soze (12/16/2007)
Can one of the mods tell me why when I click on my profile nothing is in it? I can't even get an avatar.

I tried to report it as a bug but I always get this error on the bug link:

PageLoad: System.Exception: ParseBasicUserTags: The file "isilon01blogsportblogsuseruserfilesE805E805BEC7-CB81-491B-90F9-581BBBC52969profile{854BD729-1E46-4FCF-ADF4-B81AD7D97CF3}profilephoto.jpg" already exists. at PortObjects.TemplateUtilities.ParseBasicUserTags(String sContent, UserPartner oUP, Partner oPartner) at community.template.tptemail.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

A bug in the bug link :crazy:

That's crazy I clicked on your profile and it sent me to the report a bug link.

dingofish (12/10/2007)
My account seems to have disappeared. This is my old username but I had to register it as if brand new. I have been a member for like 6 years! I like the direction they are going, but it seems that they aren't being very responsive (filed two bug reports already)...

Same issues completely.