I'm not a Tebow fan, but he's starting to make sense.

charlestonchad

Ok, so Petrino was brought in here b/c the FO thought he would be best at running an offense with mobile QB. We now have the offense style that suits a QB like that, but we don't have the QB. We have a bunch of upright passing slow QB's with poor pocket presence. Then there's Tim Tebow. He's facing the best defense in NCAA on a weekly basis. He's looking like Steve Young more and more. I'm 100% in favor of drafting McFadden no matter what this year, but maybe we can hold off for Tebow next year. None of the QB's in this draft stand out like Tebow except Brennan, but he hasn't seen the defenses that Tebow has. I suggest we get McFadden in 08 and a QB in the latters. If that QB isn't fitting the scheme, then Tebow in 09.

I would not want the guy to be a Falcon, but if he can go in the top 5 this year he would be stupid to risk injury to return to college next season. Of course, that holds true for anyone coming out of college. I hate to see a player go back and lose a whole career by getting injured in a college game they should have never been playing. Isn't college football all about getting into the NFL?

To get Tebow that means we would have to suck for another couple of years because Tebow will be a top 5 pick.

Also Florida does not have a great track record with QB's, enter Danny Warefull, Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman and Chris Leak

Great post! Those past QB's are all out of the league with the exception of Grossman who is far from spectacular.

Even if Tebow changes his mind and comes out in 2009 what are we supposed to do until then?

Throw away yet another season and pray that he can save us? No thanks, we need help and we need it now.

I hate Florida with a passion but seeing his game I am a huge Tebow fan. The reference to a "full back with an arm" was an intended insult but I like the idea and that is how he plays. If he stays healthy and developes another year he will change the game at the NFL level. His numbers already match up well with Vics college numbers in rushing and exceed in passing.

brutal assassin (12/6/2007)
I hate Florida with a passion but seeing his game I am a huge Tebow fan. The reference to a "full back with an arm" was an intended insult but I like the idea and that is how he plays. If he stays healthy and developes another year he will change the game at the NFL level. His numbers already match up well with Vics college numbers in rushing and exceed in passing.

And just like all running QBs teams will find ways to limit his production.

charlestonchad (12/6/2007)
Ok, so Petrino was brought in here b/c the FO thought he would be best at running an offense with mobile QB. We now have the offense style that suits a QB like that, but we don't have the QB. We have a bunch of upright passing slow QB's with poor pocket presence. Then there's Tim Tebow. He's facing the best defense in NCAA on a weekly basis. He's looking like Steve Young more and more. I'm 100% in favor of drafting McFadden no matter what this year, but maybe we can hold off for Tebow next year. None of the QB's in this draft stand out like Tebow except Brennan, but he hasn't seen the defenses that Tebow has. I suggest we get McFadden in 08 and a QB in the latters. If that QB isn't fitting the scheme, then Tebow in 09.

I 100% agree. Tim Tebow would own this city. He's already better than 75% of NFL QBs

charlestonchad (12/6/2007)

Petrino was brought in because he would be the best at fixing the passing game. It had nothing to do with having a mobile QB. It had everything to do with having a non-existent passing game. Petrino had Brohm as his starting QB in L'ville, and Brohm is not a mobile QB. The FO thought Petrino could fix our passing game, it had nothing to do with how mobile Vick was, it had everything to do with how inept our passing game has been.

Same Ol Falcons (12/6/2007)

Before the NC game Vince Young told everyone he was coming back for his senior year and you see how long that lasted

You have to look at the mentality though. VY didn't do missionary work, etc. Money is not Tebow's main motivation in life. I'd be absolutely shocked if he left school early.

BTW, Leinart said he'd stay in school and did it...;)

Tims reasons for staying 4 years is do to an agreement with his parents. They have their own church and Tim wants one day to take over the church. He was home schooled his whole life and they agreed that if he went to college to play ball he would not be able to leave untill he graduated. He cares alot more about the missionary work he does than playing ball.

Jgator2113 (12/6/2007)
Tims reasons for staying 4 years is do to an agreement with his parents. They have their own church and Tim wants one day to take over the church. He was home schooled his whole life and they agreed that if he went to college to play ball he would not be able to leave untill he graduated. He cares alot more about the missionary work he does than playing ball.
And you have to respect him for that. The fact he puts the Lord first before anything else.

I like Tebow, I really do(This is PIT BTW), he just wears the wrong uni. :P

Snakecharmer (12/6/2007)
Dirtybird (12/6/2007)
Tim Tebow is not a NFL QB! He is a Full back with a desent arm.

3,000 passing yards, 29 TDs and only 6 INTs would beg to differ.

How many yards and touchdowns did Ty Detmer throw again? Or Danny Weurfell? Or Timmy Chang. College stats mean jack!

Tebow has Grit, Heart, Toughness and Athletic Ability that will continue to transition to every level.

He's the most complete raw talent of any QB coming out in the Draft this year or next.

Maybe not the speed of Dixon or White or the arm of Woodson. But he stands tough in the pocket and runs strong behind his pads.

He has the toughness of Brett Farve and the athleticism of TONY ROMO with potentially more upside.

He's a south paw which puts the primary rush defensive end on his frontside and he can make you miss. I'd take him over anything we have right now.

Did I mention he's a Humble Kid.....

Smashmouth (12/6/2007)
Tebow has Grit, Heart, Toughness and Athletic Ability that will continue to transition to every level.

He's the most complete raw talent of any QB coming out in the Draft this year or next.

Maybe not the speed of Dixon or White or the arm of Woodson. But he stands tough in the pocket and runs strong behind his pads.

He has the toughness of Brett Farve and the athleticism of TONY ROMO with potentially more upside.

He's a south paw which puts the primary rush defensive end on his frontside and he can make you miss. I'd take him over anything we have right now.

Did I mention he's a Humble Kid.....

Crack's a helluva drug, IYAM!